Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Cyrodil - What's wrong with just questing?

CRB_31060409
I understand that the industry is going towards online gaming, but why must EVERYONE be forced in that direction? What about those of us who don't have 20 friends to go online with all the time? What about those of us who (gasp, pause) don't even really LIKE people and game so we don't have to interact with them? Is there no place for us in the future? That brings me to the DLC. I don't mind a decent challenge. In fact, I enjoy one! But what's SO wrong about challenges I can face by myself? Oblivion and Skyrim were EXCELLENT games! SO excellent in fact, that against my better judgement, I picked up this little gem. I realized early on that there were going be parts of it I would never complete due to the forced grouping, but why would they continue that and make WHOLE sections of the game that way? I don't want to participate in the war for the throne. I just want to explore, find treasure, and complete the quests. But guess what? ALL OF THE QUESTS IN CYRODILL ARE IN ENEMY HELD TERRITORRY!!!! And do you know what happens when you attempt to complete said quests? That's right! INSTANT death for anyone so foolish as to think this was an RPG where that sort of thing mattered.... Can anyone tell me if there are any plans to correct this? Some of us couldn't care less about the White Gold Tower, we just want to be able to explore Cyrodil for more than FIVE minutes without being swarmed by other players who think it's SO cool to kill someone that spent the better part of an hour making their way to a quest marker in an are WITH NO FAST TRAVEL!!! Is it just beyond they're capabilities to include an option to "opt out" of the war? I mean, I've finished ALL three alliances, you would think that would count for SOMETHING in Cyrodil....
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand that the industry is going towards online gaming, but why must EVERYONE be forced in that direction? What about those of us who don't have 20 friends to go online with all the time? What about those of us who (gasp, pause) don't even really LIKE people and game so we don't have to interact with them? Is there no place for us in the future? That brings me to the DLC. I don't mind a decent challenge. In fact, I enjoy one! But what's SO wrong about challenges I can face by myself? Oblivion and Skyrim were EXCELLENT games! SO excellent in fact, that against my better judgement, I picked up this little gem. I realized early on that there were going be parts of it I would never complete due to the forced grouping, but why would they continue that and make WHOLE sections of the game that way? I don't want to participate in the war for the throne. I just want to explore, find treasure, and complete the quests. But guess what? ALL OF THE QUESTS IN CYRODILL ARE IN ENEMY HELD TERRITORRY!!!! And do you know what happens when you attempt to complete said quests? That's right! INSTANT death for anyone so foolish as to think this was an RPG where that sort of thing mattered.... Can anyone tell me if there are any plans to correct this? Some of us couldn't care less about the White Gold Tower, we just want to be able to explore Cyrodil for more than FIVE minutes without being swarmed by other players who think it's SO cool to kill someone that spent the better part of an hour making their way to a quest marker in an are WITH NO FAST TRAVEL!!! Is it just beyond they're capabilities to include an option to "opt out" of the war? I mean, I've finished ALL three alliances, you would think that would count for SOMETHING in Cyrodil....

"Working as intended."

It's a PvP Zone. If you enter a PvP Zone and don't expect to encounter enemy players, you're going to have a bad day (looks like you already are).

There is a war going on between all three Alliances, fighting for control of the Ruby Throne.

There are no plans to correct anything because there is nothing to correct. Though it's possible they may add a PvE "Carebear" option for casual solo players, like yourself, down the road.

What generally helped me complete those quest hubs without too much fear of being ganked was finding a less active campaign that your Alliance dominates. For example, on XB1/NA, Chillrend is primarily dominated by EP and isn't heavily populated. As such, I use that campaign to quest in there.

However, there are plenty of other zones for you to visit and quest in, that are purely PvE, which sounds like it would be right up your alley.
    Edited by OmniDevil on January 29, 2016 4:00PM
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    PC-NA-AD-Azura's star pvp player here

unless the color of your marker above your head is yellow, you are a target to me.

I get the whole "Don't wreck my immershuns" from PVE players, and I get the whole "playing by yourself" thing like in other TESO games. Do not be surprised when you enter a PVP zone that someone else might want to PVP with you. If you want to quest, go ahead, but don't get salty when you get rekt.

memento mori
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Although sorta understand where you are coming from OP but have to ask, if you are hell bent on being a solo player, why play an MMO?

A lot of us myself included are hybrid players as there is a lot of content, PvE/PvP and everything inbetween, but as I have said in sorta similar threads to this long ago.

If you go into Cyro, then you are stepping into a war zone and should accept the inherent risks of being there, you are a target to opposing factions, you are a target regardless, so improve your game style, it is rather easy to operate in Cyro solo, whether that is ganking, or w/e.

Use detect pots, have situational awareness, look at the map, if you see action near you, chances are that hostiles will be in the area, so take action, stay off the main routes to keeps, stay hidden, stay alive.

And you can do many things to lessen the risks of being lit up, go into a campaign that is owned by your faction, the buff campaigns are still in effect, use one, then do what you wanna do.

PvP whether you like it or not is not difficult, duels etc can sharpen your skills in a 1v1 situation or more, which turns you into a better player.

And the game has many PvE zones, Cyro is the only PvP zone there is, and many who play on there are more interested in AvA and PvP and actually contributing to their alliance in the war.

Try it out, but do not moan about people killing you, bad luck can happen, even to experienced Cyro players, but no offence, there is a huge L2P issue here, watch videos, ask people how to operate in Cyro more effectively, it is not that hard:}

But please be aware that if you are seen, many will kill you for the sole reason that you are there, there is no personal ill will to you, or nothing personal, it is what it is, it is like stepping into IC and people moan that they get killed, you choose to be there, so accept the risks of being there.

If you are getting rekt, then learn not too.

I dare say others like me have travelled the length and breadth of Cyro on tailored personal missions in the backdrop of war on a full pop locked campaigna and done what we needed to do and killed people along the way and survived.

I see where you are coming from in what you want from the game personally but remember it is a MMO and there are many types of players in the game with many different viewpoints too.

So again dont feel ill will to someone who kills you for being in Cyro.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...... You're in PvP its not an if you encounter an enemy player but a when will they try to kill you. look on YouTube for PvP build videos for better survivability, learn what to do to counter each class, and yes you will die and when you do head to another questing area or go back a show them that they cant push you around.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly play solo. It's fun for me to take my time and enjoy the Quests and scenery and of course I loot everything! Needless to say, I often feel rushed when playing in a group.

Cyrodiil is a war zone and is innately dangerous to all who travel there. I consider this part of the story and attraction to the zone. Looked at from that vantage it's easy to see why they would kill a powerful (ish) hero from a different alliance.

There is still hope for you the PvE player! Get good and get smart!

Cyrodiil is not friendly to low level characters. Things are hard to kill, you are easy to kill, and resources are terrible. Get some vet ranks first if you haven't already.

Pick and choose your fights. Low pop servers are best for PvE. 1 bar or less population is a lot of empty space. If you encounter too many people go to a different hub. Off peak hours are peaceful.

Stay out of the war. Don't go near the areas that are under attack. You can usually guess where they are attacking next, so avoid the zerg.

Potions! Invisibility plus speed is a great escape tool.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not this again. Go home, you're drunk
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're a low level player running around solo, I let you live. If you're a v16, you gon die
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do you want to pick flowers in a minefield?
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to explore, find treasure, and complete the quests. But guess what? ALL OF THE QUESTS IN CYRODILL ARE IN ENEMY HELD TERRITORRY!!!! And do you know what happens when you attempt to complete said quests? That's right! INSTANT death for anyone so foolish as to think this was an RPG where that sort of thing mattered.... Can anyone tell me if there are any plans to correct this?
    OP, I completed every hub quest and collected every skyshard in Cyro solo, long before PvP actually grew on me, long before I ever participated in taking my first resource, or keep, or scroll run. It's how I got better at it, in fact.

Most of what you complain about is able to be accomplished. It was the danger/caution factor of things being behind enemy lines and having more than just NPC's to interact with/avoid is a big part of what drew me in to Cyrodiil in the first place.

It can be done solo. Aside from the obvious, there reasonably is no "forced grouping." Don't expect to:
    • Casually stroll via the main road from point A to point B. It's all accessible, but expect to stealth, expect to sneak, and expect to pause and remain aware.
    • Have clear access to everything all the time. If a group of 20 Red/Blue/Yellow go cruising past the delve entrance you want to explore, expect to come back later or hang out a minute.
    • Not draw attention when you engage something, especially something large. You'd expect nearby NPC mobs to become aware that you're trying to solo an anchor, why would you expect something less from PC's?
    • Solo certain world bosses / roaming bosses (IC), group dungeons/events, the main event in IC...
    • Single handedly take/defend keeps or resources.
    But the Quest portion of things?? Most definitely soloable.

What people forget is that you can team up situationally without grouping up. Aside from lamers that camp quest turn in spots, you can definitely explore and RP every quest out there without every joining up and certainly without requiring 20 people, unless you have very specific goals in mind.

So regarding when it will get corrected? It's not broken, you simply have to adjust your playstyle to realize Cyrodiil is intended to be a dangerous place.

I covered almost every delve and delve boss, also. There's only a couple that I never completed - simply due to lack of respawn.

Incidentally, along the way from quest to quest, you're liable to run into a group of your own Alliance sometime, perhaps setting up siege, standing their ground, or you'll notice the occasional gaping hole in a keep wall (that may or may not belong to your own). Eventually, you'll get curious enough to join in, unofficially of course, and you might actually find that there's a whole other side to PvP that you're missing ( / avoiding ) right now that has its own rewards.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quest solo in Cyrodiil all the time. For me, part of the fun is the fact that i have to watch my back.

Just look at it as an added challenge ...
    shades.gif
  • CRB_31060409
    OK, I get that it's a PVP environment. THAT'S why I have a problem with the quests being there. It's not whining to recognize that maybe this wasn't as well thought out as it should be. Is this an area for the PVP action between the factions, or another zone for questing and exploration? If it is the former, then why all the quests? If it the later, then where are the way shrines and ability to use soul gems? Why was it thought to be a good idea to take two separate thing and try to make peanut butter cups? All I'm saying is that the quest zones should be different from the PVP. WHY IS THAT SO BAD?
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK, I get that it's a PVP environment. THAT'S why I have a problem with the quests being there. It's not whining to recognize that maybe this wasn't as well thought out as it should be. Is this an area for the PVP action between the factions, or another zone for questing and exploration? If it is the former, then why all the quests? If it the later, then where are the way shrines and ability to use soul gems? Why was it thought to be a good idea to take two separate thing and try to make peanut butter cups? All I'm saying is that the quest zones should be different from the PVP. WHY IS THAT SO BAD?

Devs of EverQuest, Rift, WoW, Guild Wars, Aeon, etc. etc. would like to have a word with you.

This is nothing new and in no way "Bad". It's bad for you because you don't care for it, but it's not in poor design or a bad decision. Stay out of PvP zones if it's that much of an issue for you. If that's not an option, roll with a group. If that's not an option, go back to single player games. It's really simple.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • CRB_31060409
    Also, I'm stuck playing an MMO because the game developers chose not release a solo option like the other episodes in this series. It's just like going to see a new Bond flick. You liked the last one, so you figure you'll go check out the new one. And for the most part, I enjoy this game. I just resent being forced into the MMO arena in order to play in Cyrodil. Call it "care bear" or what ever you want to, but, and stay with me here, as hard as it is to believe there are plenty of people that DON'T LIKE MMO!! I mean, think about it, if I REALLY wanted to interact with other people, I wouldn't be playing a video game...
  • CRB_31060409
    That's exactly my point though! I CAN'T stick to single player games (you might have noticed they quit making them) and I've already completed all the other zones. I got this because I enjoyed all of the other Elder Scrolls games, NOT because it was an MMO. I have never played any of the other games you referenced, SPECIFICALLY because they were MMO. I take that back, I played both of the Champions of Norath offerings for the PS2 and enjoyed them emensely. I really liked the option to port in your character from the first one into the second one. Now THAT was some forward thinking!
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, OP, to be honest the quests in Cyrodiil are nowhere near on the same level as those in the rest of the game; most of them are repeatable "go here, clear these mobs" type deals meant to earn you XP and even the various quest hubs in towns have flimsy stories at best. I know, because I've done them all and I am also a PvEer. Another tip apart from those already mentioned is: find a campaign dominated by your alliance, as to minimize the chance of ganking. Cyrodiil is a VERY big place and a lot of times the non-PvP objectives are deserted. But, yes, encountering enemy players is always a risk you need to accept.

As to why they added these quests to a PvP zone...probably to encourage PvEers to check out Cyrodiil and thus expose them to the Alliance War. A lot of people got drawn into PvP that way. Not me, I remain a carebear I suppose, but I have all the PvE in both Cyrodiil and the Imperial City done. :tongue:
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Reznique
    Reznique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice troll post.

..I mean.. this cant be real?
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, I'm stuck playing an MMO because the game developers chose not release a solo option like the other episodes in this series. It's just like going to see a new Bond flick. You liked the last one, so you figure you'll go check out the new one. And for the most part, I enjoy this game. I just resent being forced into the MMO arena in order to play in Cyrodil. Call it "care bear" or what ever you want to, but, and stay with me here, as hard as it is to believe there are plenty of people that DON'T LIKE MMO!! I mean, think about it, if I REALLY wanted to interact with other people, I wouldn't be playing a video game...

TESO is not even part of the other TES games, at least not in a direct manner. It's on it's only series. The game is advertised as a MMORPG and was delivered as such. What part of Massively Multiplayer Online do you not get? There is no solo option except for what you chose to solo. Want to go into a delve solo? Fine, go for it. Want to quest solo? No problem! Want to enter a PvP zone, but can't stand the PvP features? For shame. Stop skating up hill.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Although I'd call ganking PvE'ers at quest locations pretty scummy - yeah you killed me in two hits and I couldn't even fight back, let that sense of achievement flow, clearly you are teh awesome PvP god - fact is it's the only PvP zone in the game so where else are the PvP'ers supposed to go? If we carebears go to Cyrodiil we just have to accept the risks.
    Edited by adriant1978 on January 29, 2016 9:24PM
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't like being killed when questing in Cyrodiil, or farming in IC, but it's the way it is. I would like a PVE only instance, but whatever. It's not that important to me.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    If you are on your horse and you are maxed out I doubt you would get ganked often if you are just questing.
    most people (PvP) in cyrodill are traveling from fort to fort, and as long as you don't take direct routes you should be fine.
    also go when the server is light and your faction is dominant. sneak as you approach quest markers and check the scene out. not that big of a deal usually.
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am an avid PVPer.. but on a whim, after reading posts like these and the "code of conduct in cyrodiil" post I did a test to see if there was a way to convey you're just needing to PVE for a bit. Conclusion: You can't.

First, I tried going to Skull of corruption, a server on PS4 NA that we Blues tend to use as a buff/pve server. I went to bruma, and was able to turn in maybe 1 quest before some reds appeared. Got ambushed, died, returned. I tried to hold up block as some have suggested, still got rekt. I then played a game, where I shield stacked and literally went out of my way to fight every other enemy even while they were attacking me, I managed to kill about 5 NPC dremora, before someone finally burst down my shields and killed me. NOW after around 5 deaths (or so), one or two of them would start to just avoid me or let me pass. Not enough to really allow me to turn in any more quests.

Bottom line is, if you're in Cyrodiil, you've got an AP price on your head at all times. There's no avoiding it, there's no "honor" to it, it's not even anything personal... you're just fodder for their ranking. I have noticed that it's easier to PVE in more active servers like Azura's Star, where people are too busy fighting each other, taking or defending keeps, to really be out int he world exploring or fighting in delves. The other option of course is just to avoid Cyrodiil... like 90% of the game is PVE outside of Cyrodiil...
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • CRB_31060409
    What part of "The Elder Scrolls" would POSSIBLY lead someone to think it was part of that series? Or how about all the trouble they took to specify exactly WHERE in the sequence it falls? You think it's not part of the series and I'M the one who is delusional? The bottom line is they thought they could make more money by doing the PVP thing and too bad for those of us who just loved the series and wanted the next installment. And you can't tell me the tech isn't their for them to separate the PVP, because they already did it. Admittedly the execution leaves much to be desired, but if enough players demand change, it WILL come. After all, our happiness drives their profits and that IS what they care about. All I'm thinking is that the PVP should be optional, like all the other stuff they make money on in the crown store....
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I count big 17 PvE zones.

Not enough?
    Gave up.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    What part of "The Elder Scrolls" would POSSIBLY lead someone to think it was part of that series? Or how about all the trouble they took to specify exactly WHERE in the sequence it falls? You think it's not part of the series and I'M the one who is delusional? The bottom line is they thought they could make more money by doing the PVP thing and too bad for those of us who just loved the series and wanted the next installment. And you can't tell me the tech isn't their for them to separate the PVP, because they already did it. Admittedly the execution leaves much to be desired, but if enough players demand change, it WILL come. After all, our happiness drives their profits and that IS what they care about. All I'm thinking is that the PVP should be optional, like all the other stuff they make money on in the crown store....

Good job putting words in my mouth and resorting to name calling.

Look. "The Elder Scrolls" and "The Elder Scrolls Online" are two separate games. The latter was built from the TES franchise most of us have loved over and over again, however. You came into a MMO thinking that it was the next TES: Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim. News flash. It's not!

I never once called you delusional or did I claim they lacked the technology. The story of TESO takes places roughly 300 years before the events of Skyrim (to cater to your "I know better" attitude"), so if you absolutely need to hold on to that dream that it's part of the entire TES series, there you go (being part of a timeline in the story arc/lore has nothing to do with being part of the same game series). Your next part of the series is TES: Hamerfell (or whatever it may be, assuming another one is coming), where you can freely play your single player desires to your own demise without the need of PvP.

No single player games anymore? I can easily name 5. I won't bother. I'm certain you're intelligent enough to run a quick Google search.

You're upset. Many of us (if not all) on this thread don't agree with you and that bothers you. Rightfully so. There's nothing like having an opinion about something only to be met with nothing, but disagreement.

Tell you what. Run a search on these forums and look up the many threads where other single player casual gamers, like yourself, have asked for the same thing. If you really want your voice to be heard, post in one of those threads.

You gave us your opinion and we gave you yours. You don't have to like it, but it is what it is. TESO's story revolves around the great Alliance War, which encompasses Cyrodiil (I can't believe I'm repeating myself again). Fighting a war with the other alliance(s). That kind of means having to PvP. In Cyrodiil. You want really bad to complete those quests. In Cyrodiil.

Yeah, how dare they include alliance vs alliance combat in a PvP zone.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PVP in this game is 100% optional. Don't want to run the risk of getting involved in any PVP? Great, you've got 18 full zones, and 5 partial zones where you can be completely safe from PVP.

Oh, but that's not good enough for you, instead you want to complain that somebody dared attack you in the only place in the game where that's possible.

PVP is separated from PVE in this game. You chose to go to the PVP zone. That's on you. You're not going to get sympathy or people agreeing with you that it's not fair. It's completely fair. Be a little less self-centred and realize that not everything in this game has to cater specifically to you. There's one part of the game where people can PVP, and where people can do some questing with the extra thrill that comes with the element of danger that there may be enemy players around. Clearly you can't handle that, so stay out of that part of the game.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvPers dont like PvErs to go there.
    OmniDevil wrote: »

"Working as intended."

It's a PvP Zone. If you enter a PvP Zone and don't expect to encounter enemy players, you're going to have a bad day (looks like you already are).

There is a war going on between all three Alliances, fighting for control of the Ruby Throne.

There are no plans to correct anything because there is nothing to correct. Though it's possible they may add a PvE "Carebear" option for casual solo players, like yourself, down the road.

What generally helped me complete those quest hubs without too much fear of being ganked was finding a less active campaign that your Alliance dominates. For example, on XB1/NA, Chillrend is primarily dominated by EP and isn't heavily populated. As such, I use that campaign to quest in there.

However, there are plenty of other zones for you to visit and quest in, that are purely PvE, which sounds like it would be right up your alley.

Actually,it was created with PvE questing in it as well as PvP content,so obviously solo players can use it too.
    Man,PvPers sure get jealous easily.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »

Actually,it was created with PvE questing in it as well as PvP content,so obviously solo players can use it too.
    Man,PvPers sure get jealous easily.

Jealous? Of what? I'm an avid PvE player, while PvP is a byproduct of a build I'm trying to complete. I've soloed every quest, including those in Cryodiil. The issue wasn't about something that couldn't be soloed, but the OP complaining about being killed in a PvP Zone. The suggestion of not going solo is because it's easier to survive and complete quests there, though not required. So, explain who's being jealous and why?

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • CRB_31060409
    Ah! But what you fail to comprehend is that it ISN'T just PVP in Cyrodil. They intentionally put PvE content there as well. And THAT is what I take issue with. If it was just as simple as staying out of the PVP zone, that's that's what I would do. Actually, that is EXACTLY what I've been asking for! The ability to NOT be forced into PVP play. But the powers that be have decided in their infantile wisdom to merge the two. And therein lies my problem. You keep repeating to stay out of the PVP zone, but that's what I've been asking for all along. The problem is that there IS no strictly PVP zone because they refused to separate the two.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because evidently ZOS would like to make solo PvE-ers like you to at least try PvP. They seem to be(or they used to at least, judging by cancelling of PvP Justice system part, they've given in to people like you) set on making people try new things. A lot of people actually did like those new things. Other people didn't have much problem with avoiding them - I did all those quests on a buff campaign with running into actual PvP like 2-3 times. If you can't stand PvP THAT much, don't go in there. I assure you you aren't missing much. Storylines are meh, mostly 100% standard "ride there and kill <x> goblins/bandits/daedra/bad people". Besides, judging by the length of standard ride, they definitely did want PvE-ers to go out of their way and end up interacting with the PvP crowd one way or the other. You think it's bad. Some other people - even some solo PvE-ers as you can see from some of the responses - find this GOOD.

Personally I think it's incredibly mean to gank questers and perhaps some sort of safe zone like in IC quests wouldn't go amiss. I try not to do it myself because it doesn't feel right to me to fight someone who literally cannot fight back. Some people do like it however, but it's on people, not ZOS.
    Point is that you're literally complaining about HAVING to interact with other people in an MMO. That's like complaining the pork you ordered doesn't taste like beef. Well no, it doesn't, it sucks that you don't like it quite as much as beef, but IT'S PORK. It was stated in the menu(with multi-line descriptions of epic multiplayer battles all the nuances of pork taste), you knew what you were ordering. If you hate it that much you can stop eating it and never go to this restaurant again but you can't possibly fault it for bringing you pork instead of beef when you ordered pork.
  • CRB_31060409
    Actually, what keeps getting lost in all of this is the facts. 1. I UNDERSTAND that this is the only PVP zone in the game, what I don't like is NOT having the option to not participate. 2. I get your analogy about the meat, but what you don't get is that this is the ONLY restaurant. 3. If the ONLY thing to do in Cyrodil was the PVP, I would GLADLY avoid it. 4. What is SO wrong with separating the PVP content from the PvE? No one has given a concrete argument in support, just a bunch of complaining about my supposed "whining"....