Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion thread for "Thieves Guild Launch Details and New Video"

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Thieves Guild Launch Details and New Video. Read the article for all the must-know Thieves Guild DLC game pack details for you, including features, pricing, release dates, and more!

"Trinimac: Received from Orsinium Daily Delve quests"!!!

oh, yeah!!!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The thieves guild style and Abah watch style are awesome looking. Even the Ra gada style is very majestic.

pics!!! :)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Six new crafting styles
    Three Alliance Motifs: Found in chests in Cyrodiil and Imperial City
    Malacath: Received from Orsinium Daily World Boss quests
    Soul-Shriven: Received from completing the Cadwell's Silver quest (automatically granted to those who have completed this quest)
    Trinimac: Received from Orsinium Daily Delve quests

Six?!! <3<3<3
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Six new crafting styles
    Soul-Shriven: Received from completing the Cadwell's Silver quest (automatically granted to those who have completed this quest)

Six?!! <3<3<3

It's Awesome and all but when I read that I was like, OMG my crafter has to learn 6 more Motif's (he already finished cadwells silver), just when I was finally catching up now their are 6 more, lordy....ZOS knows how to keep you busy..

Plus all the Stealing Kotaro needs to do, his Guildees will never see him again..ok maybe they will :wink:

This one is so excited, he will plunder tombs and steal from the rich, he will escape guards, he will make lots of GOLD :smiley:
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on January 28, 2016 11:16PM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Six new crafting styles

Six?!! <3<3<3

Trinimac motif!!! :smiley: hype hype!!! :smiley:

latest?cb=20151006183013
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom there seems to be a lot of controversy over "prioritization of animations." is this related to reducing lag caused by ability animations in cyrodiil or animation cancelling? I have read about AOE effects being reworked to groups but wonder where that fits and others say it is to thwart animation cancelling
    Zee blues are coming!!!! Always.... Always coming...
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Thieves Guild Launch Details and New Video. Read the article for all the must-know Thieves Guild DLC game pack details for you, including features, pricing, release dates, and more!

"Trinimac: Received from Orsinium Daily Delve quests"!!!

oh, yeah!!!

I am stoked about this!
    However, currently, we can only do one Orsinium delve daily per day, as opposed to 6 Orsinium world boss dailies.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Will the Orsinium delve dailies be changed up, in order to match the current world boss daily setup, where it's possible to share the quest with your party?

My guild runs a large, and very fun, weekly event in Orsinium, and we would be *very* interested in loading up 6 delve quests, alongside the 6 world boss kills.

Thanks for any info,
    ~GTech_1, Chief of Unlimited
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Six new crafting styles

Six?!! <3<3<3

I really hope these aren't 14 chapters with rare RNG drops. (I still don't have 9 pages of Ancient Orc yet!). Nor fire starter common like Mercenary. Something along the lines of the purple motif drop rates would be good.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am wondering is there going to be something done to allow soul shriven skin to be worn with the other costumes from the crown store? I would like to be able to apply it and use it with say like the nordic hero costume as well? Is this being worked on?
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 29, 2016 6:36AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Winchester1306
    Winchester1306
    ✭✭✭

Don't know if this has been said in another thread, but I will go ahead and say it regardless: Welcome back @ZOS_JessicaFolsom! Good to see you on the forums again - and hopefully, in ESO Live as well ;)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DjSolJAH wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom there seems to be a lot of controversy over "prioritization of animations." is this related to reducing lag caused by ability animations in cyrodiil or animation cancelling? I have read about AOE effects being reworked to groups but wonder where that fits and others say it is to thwart animation cancelling

animation cancelling stays fortunatelly, it is just some animation fix
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Six new crafting styles

Six?!! <3<3<3

Not 6 but 7. Oultaw crafting style in DLC.
  • Hyphastion
    Any chance of the "Assassins Guild" coming along this DLC too ? or will it be in another ? I saw some video where after it ended was the blood-palm and the "we know" note which taunted he "Assassins Guild" just like the the Dark Brotherhood from Skyrim.

So, any chance the Dark Brotherhood and an Assassin skill tree arrive on this one as well ? I really would love to poison my arrows/blade and have new skills !!
    VR - 16 Nighblade - Stamina Build - Ebonheart Pact - Vampire
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From everything they said, this is probably the most boring change in the whole update. Most people probably will not even know about it, and those that do may not even notice it. My read of this says all they are going to do is make sure that whatever animation they feel people should see is the one that plays (priority) instead of just the last one, or a rapid cycling through all of them. Animations of a lower priority will not play if a higher priority animation is already playing.

Edit: You could look at it as them taking the next step in improving the visual effect of Animation Canceling, which could be viewed as them making Animation Canceling look better when it is done.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 29, 2016 1:58PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Looks.. interesting.

However, if we have timeline problem. I thought the production schedule was a DLC every quarter? With the standard four weeks on PTS, that puts Theives Guild launch on or near 4/4/2016. Orsinium released 11/2/2015, the difference is FIVE months. So,,, care to revise the DLC release schedule to a more realistic twice a year?
    Edited by Darlgon on January 29, 2016 2:53PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few trial related questions @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno :

1. Will the trial leaderboards remain character based in the TG DLC? Is there any plans to go to a team based ranking or an account based ranking?

Participation is expected to increase significantly and the current leaderboard system fills the first 50-75 spots quickly with only a few regular teams and their Alts.

2. Will v16 MOL gear have a chance to drop in the weekly rewards from AA, HRC and SO?

3. Are vDSA weekly rewards being scaled to v16 as well?

4. Will the weekly rewards from AA, HRC and SO include scaled v16 versions of older sets? for example Silks of the Sun or Warlock's.

5. What is the lowest level the new trial will scale to? v1 or lower?

6. What the 3 new craftable sets? how many traits? Where do we get style material?

7. What are the new "PVE group based" bonus sets?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • KleanZlate
    KleanZlate
    ✭✭✭
    "Guild Job Quests: Kari, a precise Nord woman who keeps accounts of the guild's finances, as well as accounts of information and rumors runs the Guild Job Board.
    Travel all around Tamriel doing jobs for the Thieves Guild. These include pickpocketing, unlocking safeboxes, gathering items for consignment requests, and more.

Heist Quests: Find Fa'ren-dar, a tough male Khajiit who works on the far side of the Den, near the sewer drain exit. He runs the Heist Board.
    Thieves Guild heists require sneaking, avoiding traps, and getting in and out of special instanced heist areas with your prize—earn special bonuses for completing the heists undetected and within the time limit!"

Can't wait to try these out! Especially the heists!! Hopefully we'll also get similar assassins missions when the AG dlc comes out.
  • Mcwoods55
    Mcwoods55
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    So exact pts date will be announced on tomorrow ESO Live? Wonder about Soul-Shriven: is it new craftable style too or just skin, granted for completing Cadwell?

what if you have already completed it? Hopefully they honor that as well....
  • KleanZlate
    KleanZlate
    ✭✭✭
    Mcwoods55 wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    So exact pts date will be announced on tomorrow ESO Live? Wonder about Soul-Shriven: is it new craftable style too or just skin, granted for completing Cadwell?

what if you have already completed it? Hopefully they honor that as well....

Yup, they stated in the notes that characters that have finished Cadwells silver will be granted the motif.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Wow.. did you guys even play Skyrim? RIften had an entire Thieves Guild storyline. You pointed the Nightengales, the ASSASSINS GUILD/Dark Brotherhood in the video.

Otherwise, looks.. interesting.

However, if we have timeline problem. I thought the production schedule was a DLC every quarter? With the standard four weeks on PTS, that puts Theives Guild launch on or near 4/4/2016. Orsinium released 11/2/2015, the difference is FIVE months. So,,, care to revise the DLC release schedule to a more realistic twice a year?

I suspect you have identified an Editing mistake. I think they recorded the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood content at the same time.

They gave the release dates for Thieves' Guild and they are all in March. That is first quarter.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    there seems to be a lot of controversy over "prioritization of animations." is this related to reducing lag caused by ability animations in cyrodiil or animation cancelling? I have read about AOE effects being reworked to groups but wonder where that fits and others say it is to thwart animation cancelling

The prioritization of animations is strictly a visual improvement for when you're in combat in the sense that you'll be able to see the impact effects of abilities when they are being weaved, and has no affect on performance. Any performance changes we're making are separate from this effort.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_RichLambert

Wow.. did you guys even play Skyrim? RIften had an entire Thieves Guild storyline. You pointed the Nightengales, the ASSASSINS GUILD/Dark Brotherhood in the video.

@Darlgon Naw, the Dark Brotherhood storyline in Skyrim was all about the Penitus Oculatus and the Emperor. As Rich said, the Thieves Guild in Skyrim was the Nightingales and Mercer Frey.

Thieves Guild launch is 7th March, which is definitely within the first quarter. With 4 weeks of PTS, that puts it first appearing on PTS around 8th Feb. Remember they said one DLC every quarter, not one DLC every 3 months. Quarters are defined periods of time that are three months in length, not any successive period of three months. IC came out at the end of Q3, Orsinium came out in the middle of Q4, and Thieves Guild is due at the end of Q1. That's one every quarter, just as they said.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    ZOS_RichLambert

@Darlgon Naw, the Dark Brotherhood storyline in Skyrim was all about the Penitus Oculatus and the Emperor. As Rich said, the Thieves Guild in Skyrim was the Nightingales and Mercer Frey.

Thieves Guild launch is 7th March, which is definitely within the first quarter. With 4 weeks of PTS, that puts it first appearing on PTS around 8th Feb. Remember they said one DLC every quarter, not one DLC every 3 months. Quarters are defined periods of time that are three months in length, not any successive period of three months. IC came out at the end of Q3, Orsinium came out in the middle of Q4, and Thieves Guild is due at the end of Q1. That's one every quarter, just as they said.

Nope, you are right. I screwed up my lore.. Dang it.

Edited to remove my stupidity on the first point. The second still stands.

And Q1 is January thru March.. RELEASE.
    Edited by Darlgon on January 29, 2016 2:55PM
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_RichLambert

Spot on @Enodoc except for the PTS date. ZOS have said natch potes next week, PTS always gets updated Monday/Tuesday and 02/02/2016 to 01/03/2016 is the most likely "test" period (28 days) with the last few days leading up to March 7th rounding off the month.

Here's hoping!
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_RichLambert

The release date is March 7th, how does the point stand? Even if they don't release till March 31st its still Q1.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    ZOS_RichLambert

The release date is March 7th, how does the point stand? Even if they don't release till March 31st its still Q1.

NM. Apparently I cant read today.
    Edited by Darlgon on January 29, 2016 3:15PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_RichLambert

Wow. I was with Darlgon in that I distinctly thought the "Nightingale" was not Thieves' Guild in Skyrim when I heard that reference in the video. lol. I guess Rich knows Skyrim better than I do. :smile:

Edited by Elsonso on January 29, 2016 3:22PM
  • MeHodor
    MeHodor
    Soul Shriven
    Hi guys,

How will the New Thieves Guild passives fit in with the current Legerdemain passives?

There seems to be a lot of scope for duplication.

Will the download allow another resetting of the skill set ?

Thanks for the great DLC so far.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hyphastion wrote: »
    Any chance of the "Assassins Guild" coming along this DLC too ? or will it be in another ? I saw some video where after it ended was the blood-palm and the "we know" note which taunted he "Assassins Guild" just like the the Dark Brotherhood from Skyrim.

So, any chance the Dark Brotherhood and an Assassin skill tree arrive on this one as well ? I really would love to poison my arrows/blade and have new skills !!

Dark Brotherhood will be the next DLC after Thieves Guild, coming in Q2 this year.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    better link for Trinimac Armors Concept Art pic,

Trinimac_Armors_Concept_Art.png

link to find it- http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls/images/0/01/Trinimac_Armors_Concept_Art.png
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on January 29, 2016 10:15PM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.