Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

pvp help

izJordy
izJordy
✭✭✭
so i need some information about pvp..
i'm someone who is gonna pvp alot, cause i love it.. but..
do i have to be vet 16 to be able to win battles? be able to kill people in pvp? i'm lvl 40 and i went imperial city to pvp and i kinda got destroyed.. i'd barelly do any damage on a vet 16 + they group up on me and i'm instant death.. should i wait for a certain level to pvp?
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, if you are level 40, play the nonvet campaign, secondly, look on youtube for some ESO PVP videos, they will help and give you some ideas on top of that, look at different builds for your class.

Thirdly, find a nice group, especially when you are starting out, it makes things much more fun and also less chance of being destroyed.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Option1 : Join a hardcore guild and enter a world of domination and submission and play by the leaders rules until you are given domination over your own slaves. Law of the jungle where only one can rule and everyone else is crushed under foot or enslaved. Ideal for highly competitive people. You will be given the tools you need and told what to do and when to do it.

Option2 : Join a casual guild and stand shoulder to shoulder with those that wont judge you and try to keep each other alive. You wont be the best in combat, you wont know every cheat and broken skill or combo, but you will find friendship. Civilisation. You will be allowed to experiment and grow as an individual. You will build a rapport with you friends and complement each other in battle with your unique playstyles..

Option 3 : Take your chances solo.

Molag Bal vs Meridia if you like.
    You wont survive solo unless you become a nightblade ganker, shield stacking sorc (or become an exceptional player and/or exploit every broken mechanic possible).
    Edited by Rune_Relic on January 29, 2016 12:32PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    izJordy wrote: »
    so i need some information about pvp..
    i'm someone who is gonna pvp alot, cause i love it.. but..
    do i have to be vet 16 to be able to win battles? be able to kill people in pvp? i'm lvl 40 and i went imperial city to pvp and i kinda got destroyed.. i'd barelly do any damage on a vet 16 + they group up on me and i'm instant death.. should i wait for a certain level to pvp?

There are level 40s who can kill VR16s because of the changes to battlescaling, but that requires that you have the proper gear and experience for PvPing with your class. Trying to 1vX against multiple V16s is going to get many players killed, not just a level 40. I have leveled characters from level 10-50 in the non-vet campaign but also have had non-vet characters visit unrestricted (i.e. all levels allowed) campaigns and had fun.

Tamriel Foundry is a great place to find build ideas and ask advice, as is the PvP mechanics section here on the official forums. As Farorin mentioned YouTube is another great place to look for inspiration for PvP builds, and you can see them in action to see if they are right for you.

Farorin is also correct that you will want to be in a group at first to get used to the speed and dangers involved in PvP. You will eventually learn which abilities you need to keep on hand to keep pressure on an opponent while minimizing the damage you take. And that some abilities require line-of-sight, so running behind a wall keeps you from being targeted by those abilities. And so on. You can read advice and guides on PvP and watch videos, but the sooner you get into it the faster you will really learn.

Here are some simplistic, overly basic PvP links to help you get started:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/119730/getting-into-cyrodiil-for-players-who-havent-tried-it-feel-overwhelmed-reluctant?new=1
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/125678/getting-further-into-cyrodiil-for-those-who-want-more-than-ocassional-visits?new=1

Much better material once you have the most basic of basics down:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/172558/surviving-cyrodiil-how-to-hopefully-die-less-often/p1
    https://darkelves.com/
    Edited by tinythinker on January 29, 2016 12:32PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Fellenore_Ewalion
    Fellenore_Ewalion
    ✭✭✭
    Umm, battlescaling does half of the job for you.

You can defeat VR 16 guys at level 40, if they aren't as good as you. Main differences in order of significance: CPs, Undaunted passives and gear.

Take a trip in Blackwater Blade first. Join a group, follow commands. Play a supportive/additive role first. Learn to heal/buff, learn to spam damaging abilities, learn to use sieges.

Later on, you can engage in small scale combat. Ask someone to 1v1. Practice.
    My Great House Telvanni did not join the Pact.
    But it does not mean I don't want to be Emperor.