• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helllllz yeah
  • flying_ace2
    flying_ace2
    ✭✭
    Hopefully this will help the every 5-10 minute crashes in Cyrodiil......
    AD
    Just Chill
    Victorem (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Moonlight Crew (RIP)
    PC - NA
    El-phaba - Sorc
    Rammoth - NB
    Daenora - Temp
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would this by any chance perhaps suggest a possibility of seeing DX12 support even? Might be good to plan new GPU purchase alread if so, in my case.

Edit* I'm sorry, I got into this thread trough "Recent" posts and didn't realize it was in the Mac tech forum. >.<
    Edited by Idinuse on January 15, 2016 7:16PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    Would this by any chance perhaps suggest a possibility of seeing DX12 support even? Might be good to plan new GPU purchase alread if so, in my case.

Edit* I'm sorry, I got into this thread trough "Recent" posts and didn't realize it was in the Mac tech forum. >.<
    NP, you're welcome regardless. :smiley:

With the upcoming 64-client, we will see a new renderer with support for OpenGL 4.1 on both platforms (up from 2.1, which is very dated, but which had the charm to support OS X versions as low as 10.5). Upcoming support for Direct3D 12 is still on the roadmap, but not for the immediate future. From the top of my head, there had been comments to the effect of "we'll keep it in mind, but don't hold your breath yet" in some (recent) interviews. As with many other things, this seems mostly to be an issue of human and time resources.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »

NP, you're welcome regardless. :smiley:

With the upcoming 64-client, we will see a new renderer with support for OpenGL 4.1 on both platforms (up from 2.1, which is very dated, but which had the charm to support OS X versions as low as 10.5). Upcoming support for Direct3D 12 is still on the roadmap, but not for the immediate future. From the top of my head, there had been comments to the effect of "we'll keep it in mind, but don't hold your breath yet" in some (recent) interviews. As with many other things, this seems mostly to be an issue of human and time resources.

Awesome! Understandable, yet surprising, given the performance gain (with presumably less complaints) DX12 support would be for a large number of current players, not to mention a great incitament for new players, I'd guess. Thank you for your reply!
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    so, yeah, new 64 bit client.. Besides graphical performance what other "boosts" can we see incoming with it?

PC user here so I am curious to know what could be expected.
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • Alabyn
    Alabyn
    ✭✭✭
    Oh man, does this mean NPC lips will once again move?
  • Wolfster
    Wolfster
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't 4.1 mean we'll also finally have working pixel shaders?
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now, unless something changes soon, we won't be getting the 64-bit Mac client with the release of the new DLC because they seriously broke something last week. So the new Mac client has been pushed forward to some indefinite point when ZOS figures out what they did and fix it.

Yay........

Seriously ZOS, your Mac users deserve something for putting up with this mess for this long. Something. A Mac user only pet or mount would be nice. Maybe a War Sloth since all of our issues have been so sloooooooooooooooooooow to get fixed.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? As of about two hours ago ZOS said the Mac 64-bit client was coming tomorrow:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2652721/#Comment_2652721

Edit: Coming to PTS of course!
    Edited by smacx250 on February 3, 2016 1:30AM
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's good to hear, because last week was major doom and gloom from the Dev/Guild Leader chat.