The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dear ZoS: why are some things released in the Crown Store done so on a limited basis?

Violynne
Violynne
✭✭✭✭✭
I understand the need to generate revenue, but what I don't understand is the ridiculousness of "limited time". These are virtual items. They don't exist. They don't die, rust, turn to ash, grow old, travel in time, or dance backup to Taylor Swift.

I've been waiting for a Senche-Tiger. I have the lioness and cloud leopard, but still no tiger. Why? I know it was once released. What in the world would ZoS have to lose by allowing people to buy what was previously issued?

Moreso, don't the new players lose out unfairly?

To be blunt: I think it's pretty stupid to limit an unlimited resource.

I'm just curious as to why any business would cut its own revenue source despite demand. :confused:
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Senche-Tiger was never available for anyone to buy, nor shall it ever be. It was a loyalty reward for those who subscribed to the game for the year before the game went Buy 2 Play. It was ZOS's way of saying Thanks for that.
    Edited by Vyle_Byte on January 26, 2016 10:39PM
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
    Options
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    Also point of "limited" time items.
    MARKETING

Buy NOW or You never get another chance! (at lest for next "limited" time promotion)

This is how it works, and untill it is not P2W i can accept that.
    PS4
    EU
    Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    Senche-Tiger was never available for anyone to buy, nor shall it ever be. It was a loyalty reward for those who subscribed to the game for the year before the game went Buy 2 Play. It was ZOS's way of saying Thanks for that.

To further elaborate - this was only ever available on the PC and part of the Loyalty Reward Program, which rewarded people who had subscribed for a total of 300 days, which was virtually the entire time the game was subscription based. This was NEVER available for purchase with money or via the Crown Store and precedes the entire B2P model.

What people on console don't realize is that this is an extremely rare item on PC. Console players wouldn't even know about it if not for the PC transfers (of which I am one).

I've previously posted elsewhere some ideas for re-releasing this item, as I understand it's desired by some. However, upon further reflection that this is a rather rare item on PC, I do believe it should stay that way, as it was a reward for extreme loyalty (you really only could get away with one or two weeks of non-subscription and still qualify) - that's 10 months of subscribing.

I'd be willing to entertain the idea of bringing it back as a LOYALTY reward - thus not purchasable in the Crown Store, but rewarded for loyalty (either so many months of ESO+ or so many Crowns purchased/spent). However, this mount precedes the current model of B2P, precedes the Crown Store, and precedes Tamriel Unlimited, so I think it should retain its original purpose and rarity.
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Limited time items are annoying I do think they need to stop doing that, but I am excited for the pig pet!.
    Well thing is, I do think like black bear, snow bear, should be permanent in game item as well as the mind shriven skin I want that.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can go along with the last two senche mounts that were in the crown store, as they were only available for a small time on the PC. Never for consoles. But as the tiger, as much as I want it, I hope only the people who played it at its launch and subscribed for a year should keep it, never for anyone else. And besides the two senche I mentioned in the beginning, I really hope none of these "limited edition" items never return. If you were playing when they came out and you grabbed them than its an memorabilia, it's a "I was there for that" and they keep releasing new items some may be much cooler. Like those skeletal mounts? Bringing them back will make them lose ALL value.
    Edited by Paazhahdrimaak on January 28, 2016 12:58AM
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can go along with the last two senche mounts that were in the crown store, as they were only available for a small time on the PC. Never for consoles. But as the tiger, as much as I want it, I hope only the people who played it at its launch and subscribed for a year should keep it, never for anyone else. And besides the two senche I mentioned in the beginning, I really hope none of these "limited edition" items never return. If you were playing when they came out and you grabbed them than its an memorabilia, it's a "I was there for that" and they keep releasing new items some may be much cooler. Like those skeletal mounts? Bringing them back will make them lose ALL value.

I disagree with you, they are still very valueable, all of the stuff.
    I want the mind shriven skin, and a few other things that needs to be released and put back into the store.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate this sort of thing anything in the crown store should stay in the crown store. I know the world does not revolve around me but I don't have the money to pay for 2000 crowns right now. It makes it a huge inconvenience when "limited" time only stuff creeps up like this. Oh also things you buy on the crown store thats cosmetic should transfer over to the other server.
    Edited by Whatzituyah on January 28, 2016 11:58PM
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »

To further elaborate - this was only ever available on the PC and part of the Loyalty Reward Program, which rewarded people who had subscribed for a total of 300 days, which was virtually the entire time the game was subscription based. This was NEVER available for purchase with money or via the Crown Store and precedes the entire B2P model.

What people on console don't realize is that this is an extremely rare item on PC. Console players wouldn't even know about it if not for the PC transfers (of which I am one).

I've previously posted elsewhere some ideas for re-releasing this item, as I understand it's desired by some. However, upon further reflection that this is a rather rare item on PC, I do believe it should stay that way, as it was a reward for extreme loyalty (you really only could get away with one or two weeks of non-subscription and still qualify) - that's 10 months of subscribing.

I'd be willing to entertain the idea of bringing it back as a LOYALTY reward - thus not purchasable in the Crown Store, but rewarded for loyalty (either so many months of ESO+ or so many Crowns purchased/spent). However, this mount precedes the current model of B2P, precedes the Crown Store, and precedes Tamriel Unlimited, so I think it should retain its original purpose and rarity.

I agree that it should stay out of the crown store.Period.I can identify others by that mount.I have mine and when I see someone else with I know they have been there all this time,as have I.
    Options