Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: January 27th, 2016"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Crown Store Showcase: January 27th, 2016. We hope you enjoy the latest offerings that are coming in February, including the Black Bear mount and Black Bear Cub pet!

w61qgn7360u9.jpg

sk2a8djvlmw8.jpg

Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooooh.

I might have missed this, but I thought that the Nord costumes from the cinematic trailer were supposed to come out today or tomorrow as well?
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Thelevyeffect
    I would like to see a mount you could use in the water. Espically since only the Argonian is the only race that can swim fast. Maybe the loch monster from Scotland, That would be cool!
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda disappointed no nb or sorc hero costume for feb
  • vyrusb23
    vyrusb23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take my money, please!
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bears... again?! Why don't you bring back the Frostmare mount since many of us, who joined the game after it was introduced for the first time, would love to have the possibility to buy it now...
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They got to get rid of all the bears before they roll out the camels~
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the Psijic Domino Pig a re-skin of the Bristlegut Piglet? Or is it a new design?
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    Fiendroth pet?! Take my money. <3
    Edited by Rajajshka on January 27, 2016 7:05PM
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but all I can say is meh.
  • Wasalda
    Wasalda
    ✭✭✭
    Put in Anti Lagg potions for crowns...tbh 2 years and lagg is still a joke...it gets worse every patch...
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but what happened to the Markarth Bear-Dog that I was told was coming out the beginning of January only to be told it was a mistake it was coming out at end of January I saved crowns for no reason again
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »
    Ooooooh.

I might have missed this, but I thought that the Nord costumes from the cinematic trailer were supposed to come out today or tomorrow as well?
    davidtxr wrote: »
    Sorry but what happened to the Markarth Bear-Dog that I was told was coming out the beginning of January only to be told it was a mistake it was coming out at end of January I saved crowns for no reason again

These two items are being added to the Crown Store tomorrow (28/01/2016).
    Edited by Paulington on January 27, 2016 7:23PM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Is the Psijic Domino Pig a re-skin of the Bristlegut Piglet? Or is it a new design?
    I'm still trying to understand what about the Bristlegut Piglet is a "piglet". I was expecting a cute lil' teacup pig or something similar, as I'd always thought piglets were baby pigs, but that's the whole hog. Or is it? Just how big do Bristlegut pigs get?
  • OhDios
    OhDios
    ✭✭✭
    Akaviri Motiff? if PVP players will be able to buy their armor for AP, PVE players should be able to buy Motiff for gold or crowns.
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Crown Store Showcase: January 27th, 2016. We hope you enjoy the latest offerings that are coming in February, including the Black Bear mount and Black Bear Cub pet!

w61qgn7360u9.jpg

sk2a8djvlmw8.jpg

Why do all the bear mounts have such strangely long necks? They're bears, not camels. Here's one up close:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38MtFToNPns

ZOS should go on a field trip to go see some bears once they're done hibernating.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I'm still trying to understand what about the Bristlegut Piglet is a "piglet". I was expecting a cute lil' teacup pig or something similar, as I'd always thought piglets were baby pigs, but that's the whole hog. Or is it? Just how big do Bristlegut pigs get?

Well pigs can get pretty big.

big-norm.jpg

I would consider a pig of the Bristlegut size a piglet, my brother owns a farm and he keeps the pigs inside the house until they are much bigger than the relative size of the Bristlegut Piglet.

Fun fact: Micro pigs/Teacup pigs are just regular old pigs bred to be small but they are still very big animals hitting up to 70kg or so when fully grown!

"Micro pig":

_50710051_ath_micro_pig_goes_huge_02_athena.jpg
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda disappointed no nb or sorc hero costume for feb

Yeah, me too.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , another one "Song of the Night"? Maybe it's a mistake?
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Wrote some stuff about pigs...
    Thanks. I actually learned something from that. =3
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty unimpressed that the bears are back already, and the lack of costumes. Where's the Mind-Shriven skin? Where's the Frost Mare? Come on now.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that new costume also inflates the characters' rib cage like the last 5 female costumes that were added to the store? And clip with Khajiit and Argonian claws?

Is anyone in ZOS's art team aware that this is happening? Is this ever going to be fixed?

The pig is cute though.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally the Black Bear arrives!

When exactly? :)
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Kanril
    Kanril
    Soul Shriven
    Wolves man, where are the wolves.
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did the image of the bear cub's background remind anyone else of the Reach?
    c7637876572b63d60a08a8ce6b94f3f6.jpg?_ga=1.91650323.889417000.1443208831
    Something to do with the mix of flora and mountains with the fog that reminded me of it.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay?
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on January 27, 2016 10:27PM
    :trollin:
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if any of the pets are going to have special effects like the goat did?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Does that new costume also inflates the characters' rib cage like the last 5 female costumes that were added to the store? And clip with Khajiit and Argonian claws?

Is anyone in ZOS's art team aware that this is happening? Is this ever going to be fixed?

The pig is cute though.

I'm guessing the new costume will also triple the size of my female toons chests, since it's the third in the series of Redguard costumes. I had wondered why they renamed the lavender/purple costume to Whisperweft, as it was originally named Song of the Night in the announcement (which has since been updated).

I agree about the pig - haven't purchased that many pets, but will probably pick up this one. I already purchased the snow bear cub, so will probably pass on the black bear cub.

I have no interest in the bear mounts due to how clumsy they and their riders look. Also, can we PLEASE fix the stupid "run/dance/whatever" on your mount bug? It's bad enough to see people doing this on tigers and horses, but when I see it on a bear, I feel like I'm at the circus!
  • PrimeSeptim
    PrimeSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    I find this lack of variety and creativity... D i s t u r b i n g.
    Edited by PrimeSeptim on January 27, 2016 10:49PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ooooooh.

Both of these items will be available to purchase tomorrow!

The pig is cute though.

Yes, both of these issues should be fixed in our next major update.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 27, 2016 10:58PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooooooh.

Both of these items will be available to purchase tomorrow!

The pig is cute though.

Yes, both of these issues should be fixed in our next major update.

I also discovered a noticeable increase of buttocks size on my male character when I 'tried' on the costumes. While quite fabulous, I'm unsure of why his proportions were altered through wearing female gender oriented redguard clothing. Is this as unintended as the increase in rib cage?
  • kulaan_dovulom
    kulaan_dovulom
    ✭✭✭
    Three bears and still no guar pet.... :#