Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

*Spoiler* Gates of Fire Quest - Razum-Dar, Did You?

SneaK
SneaK
✭✭✭✭✭
-- If you haven't played this quest stop reading. --

Who here has killed Razum-dar?

I have 4 AD characters, could never do it.

If you have, you must be an Argonian.

#coldblooded
Edited by SneaK on January 25, 2016 11:19PM
"IMO"
Aldmeri Dominion
Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
(+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NEVER! My Khajiit girl has a massive crush on him,and she would never forgive me if I did that!
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did whilst doing Silver. I'm a Breton. Orcs must die. Khajiit too. And Argonians...and those Dunmer as well, the bloody Altmer also! Female Bosmers are safe, man races too.
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't kill him. He will eventually survive, no matter what decisions you make.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did it once because he was so convincing in getting me to.
    Since then, I have never killed him. Of course he yells at me after. I just reply to him, "Razum-Dar, I am just glad you are here to be mad at me."
    Edited by Nestor on January 25, 2016 11:30PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »
    I did whilst doing Silver. I'm a Breton. Orcs must die. Khajiit too. And Argonians...and those Dunmer as well, the bloody Altmer also! Female Bosmers are safe, man races too.

Man that is just so bad. He's such a cool kat.
    Edited by SneaK on January 25, 2016 11:10PM
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a spoiler alert??? :)

Crazy as it sounds, there are people that haven't played the quest yet.

Edited by IrishGirlGamer on January 25, 2016 11:10PM
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a spoiler alert??? :)

Crazy as it sounds, there are people that haven't played the quest yet.

True, sorry about that.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you really need to put a spoiler tag in this title or something, or "Spoiler: Gates of Fire quest decision".

But for the record
    I have. He doesn't die if you do it, and he's not mad at you afterwards - he jokes about it and thanks you. I actually prefer it to "saving" him, I tried that recently and I hated how mad he was at me. My AD character is an Altmer.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know the spoiler. And I am so glad,but,..I s till couldnt kill him.He's my fave NPC there is ingame. :}
    Edited by Volkodav on January 25, 2016 11:16PM
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, here's my spoilered answer to the question. DO NOT READ THIS if you haven't completed the AD quest line. It will spoiler it out for you.
    I didn't kill him and immediately regretted it. He was so damn mad and then rude, that I was like, "Fine, next time you die." Hasn't been a next time yet but if there is one, I intend to let him die (mainly because I suspect he'll come back anyway).

One thing that disappointed me though was how angry he was and then briefly later it was like nothing happened. And I don't even mean he got over, it was just like ... nothing happened. In the final mane quest, he's there at the scene where the new mane is appointed, and his dialog is ... bland. I wanted him to still be mad at me.
    Edited by IrishGirlGamer on January 25, 2016 11:16PM
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kitty-cat has nine lives B) This is why each account can only have 8 characters - so that nobody can play this quest enough times to actually kill him off permanently. I don't like to think about the Raz-pocalypse that will occur when we finally get additional character slots :'(
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Kitty-cat has nine lives B) This is why each account can only have 8 characters - so that nobody can play this quest enough times to actually kill him off permanently. I don't like to think about the Raz-pocalypse that will occur when we finally get additional character slots :'(

That's awesome.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is an inspired comment.
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »

#coldblooded

It's funny because I did. And I am. B)

#noremorse
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I killed him with my main. I might not with an alt, on the off-chance consequences arise from the decision in future updates. There's no real incentive to right now though.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »
    SneaK wrote: »

#coldblooded

It's funny because I did. And I am. B)

#noremorse

I knew it!
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • JoshenReborn
    JoshenReborn
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Razum-Dar. I couldn't do it.
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great. Now I'm going to feel guilty when THAT happens ...

Edited by IrishGirlGamer on January 26, 2016 12:21AM
    Valar Morghulis.

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, here's my spoilered answer to the question. DO NOT READ THIS if you haven't completed the AD quest line. It will spoiler it out for you.
    I didn't kill him and immediately regretted it. He was so damn mad and then rude, that I was like, "Fine, next time you die." Hasn't been a next time yet but if there is one, I intend to let him die (mainly because I suspect he'll come back anyway).

One thing that disappointed me though was how angry he was and then briefly later it was like nothing happened. And I don't even mean he got over, it was just like ... nothing happened. In the final mane quest, he's there at the scene where the new mane is appointed, and his dialog is ... bland. I wanted him to still be mad at me.

If you talk to him between quests, you will notice that
    he slowly gets less mad at you each time you see him, and will eventually find a way to get rid of the circlet's magic or something like that, so he ends up with no reason to be mad at you anymore.
    Edited by Abeille on January 26, 2016 12:14AM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

If you talk to him between quests, you will notice that
    he slowly gets less mad at you each time you see him, and will eventually find a way to get rid of the circlet's magic or something like that, so he ends up with no reason to be mad at you anymore.

How did I miss that??? :(

Valar Morghulis.

• Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    Spent over a half a hour to decide ... endend with not kill him for he is the only NPC i actually like : P

But regreted right after tho.. because i just crushed his love for his land and queen :( For he saw it as a honor and not as pain ..

a true hidden hero
    Maker of Drama & Lover of Roleplay
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I am not going to kill that cat, I love him too much to do it no matter what he wants (only time I would hurt Raz was if it was to spare him suffering when he was actually dying). Besides
    i did the moonlit path before and there he was alive (dying but alive) and I didn't want to mess up the space time or whatevrr
    Edited by theher0not on January 26, 2016 10:06AM
  • Xorsius
    Xorsius
    ✭✭
    Nah, I couldn't do it. The Dominion still has need of him and not to mention he's just too cool.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

O_O never thought of that....

But yeah honestly, Raz is too cool and does way too much - no one should even hesitate on that one. Those who ---- him, I hope the day will come soon, where you will be stuck in a cell, and you'll wish SOMEONE could come and rescue you. Again.

Edited by Spacemonkey on January 28, 2016 6:16PM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »

Bosmer are part human anyway, in the same way Bretons are part elf. They had a lot of intermixing going on.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I did it once because he was so convincing in getting me to.
    Since then, I have never killed him. Of course he yells at me after. I just reply to him, "Razum-Dar, I am just glad you are here to be mad at me."

It was a matter of honor, and I let poor Raz have his heroic ending. The truth of the matter is that I ended up seeing him later in the story. I don't know if that was an error or not, but I think he managed to wiggle his way out of the problem.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skyper wrote: »
    Spent over a half a hour to decide ... endend with not kill him for he is the only NPC i actually like : P

But regreted right after tho.. because i just crushed his love for his land and queen :( For he saw it as a honor and not as pain ..

a true hidden hero

Raz made me like Khajiit. Before playing the AD story I always felt they were a pretty boring race in the TES series. I think they did a great job with Raz. He is actually one of the most heroic, interesting, and intelligent characters you run across. He's like a kitty cat version of James Bond. He's also your boss in the Eyes, and like I said earlier it was a matter of honor for my character the first go of it. I like to play my characters with a certain theme as I run the story, and that was my 'Imperial templar general' concept. That character is heroic but brutal and pragmatic. If I have to kill a criminal/bad guy who might in peace time be allowed to live, I kill the criminal. Its nothing personal but it makes the story much more interesting for me when I play it that way. Its just like when I play a game like fallout or skyrim, I give a character a style and run with it. It makes it like watching a 100 hour movie, at least for my purposes.
    <And plenty more>
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer are part human anyway[...]
    @dodgehopper_ESO I haven't heard that before; where did you get that from?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Bosmer are part human anyway[...]
    @dodgehopper_ESO I haven't heard that before; where did you get that from?

For starters, the Ayleids fled to Bosmer terrain and intermixed. The Ayleids themselves were heavily intermixed with human by that point. I'll have to ponder the references beyond that, but I do recollect part of the reason Altmer look down on Bosmer is that they are a 'mongrel' race, and I do believe it was part of this mixing with Cyrodiils.
    <And plenty more>
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For starters, the Ayleids fled to Bosmer terrain and intermixed. The Ayleids themselves were heavily intermixed with human by that point. I'll have to ponder the references beyond that, but I do recollect part of the reason Altmer look down on Bosmer is that they are a 'mongrel' race, and I do believe it was part of this mixing with Cyrodiils.

The Bosmer may have intermingled with and eventually absorbed the Ayleids who fled to Valenwood (or may have not, there is some debate going on about what truly happened to them and why their culture vanished so utterly with barely an influence on Bosmeri culture) but the Ayleids weren't heavily intermixed with humans. They kept humans as slaves, delighted in torturing them, and no doubt some intermixing occurred as it did between RL slaves and masters, but it was the Direnni who systematically bred with humans for many generations, eventually leading to the formation of the Breton race. So I don't think it could really be said that the Bosmer are "part human" in the same way Bretons are "part mer".
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on January 30, 2016 9:08AM
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.