The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't find the Prophet - or any one to give me The God of Schemes Quest.

Als3rd
Als3rd
✭✭✭
Hi,

I have exhausted all of the references that I could find that cover this - and have come up with nothing. So I am absolutely clueless as to how to solve the mess I'm in. Hopefully someone here can help me.

I am VR 14, and it appears that I still need to complete The God Of Schemes quest! It's the only quest not finished in my Quest Journal. I think the Prophet must have given me the quest because when I go back to the Harborage, it is like they are waiting for me to finish it. I don't have access to Cadwell's Silver - so I am definitely still in the Main Quest. I probably messed it up somewhere along the line, though I don't know how.

So -When I go to the Harborage this is what I get:
Cadwell says: "So, going toe-to-toe with the big, bad then are you? Smashing! Good luck to you! This whole Planemeld thing seems like a nasty business.
I prefer my Coldharbour with a bit less Tamriel in it, thank you very much!"
Prophet: "I have lived to see one of the worst calamities in history ravage our realm. It must be stopped no matter the cost."
Sai Sahan: "Good hunting out there. We're all counting on you"
Lyris: Something like - "I hope you don't mind me playing. It eases the anxiety."
Tharn: "Well. This can't possibly go wrong, can it?

And to make matters worse, in Cold Harbor I see 3 exclamation points in the Chapel of Light saying "The God of Schemes. Skill point". Needless to say there is no one there to talk to let alone give me the quest.

I have completed everything in a game prior to this, but that was with a different character. I got Cadwell's Silver and Gold end quests then. So I hope someone has the experience and knowledge to help get me back up and running.

Thank you in advance.
  • Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Off the top of my head, I think the requirements to unlock God of Schemes is to have completed Coldharbour's main quest to Stop the Planemeld, have completed every main quest up to God of Schemes (obviously) and be above level 45 (which you obviously already are), so I can only assume you haven't stopped the Planemeld yet?
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
  • Als3rd
    Als3rd
    ✭✭✭
    Elsir wrote: »
    Off the top of my head, I think the requirements to unlock God of Schemes is to have completed Coldharbour's main quest to Stop the Planemeld, have completed every main quest up to God of Schemes (obviously) and be above level 45 (which you obviously already are), so I can only assume you haven't stopped the Planemeld yet?

Thanks! I'll give that a try.
  • Als3rd
    Als3rd
    ✭✭✭
    I figured it out. The problem with running multiple characters. I thought that I had done The Endless Stair, but that was with a different character that has been retired! A bit of crossover confusion, but all is right with the game now. Thanks!
    Edited by Als3rd on January 25, 2016 1:02PM
  • Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha. Glad you figured it out! :D
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar