Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The wrong linked Steam account ??!

jan.denaanb16_ESO
jan.denaanb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Hi,

I bought ESO TU on Steam when it was on sale. Now that i've played it some i want to buy some crown points to get DLC.
When I try to buy a crown pack however... I get redirected to Steam ( yes I know this is normal) but I get an "unexpected error" and I cannot purchase the crown pack.

When I log in with another steam account (on which I DID NOT purchase ESO) however I can buy them... it lets my add funds to my wallet to purchase.
The only problem is that the steam account with the game key and purchase of ESO still has a lot of funds in my wallet which I want to use...

No response from ESO support in a week...

Anyone have a clue how I can buy Crown points?
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there Jan,

That's a very odd issue. Typically your account should be linked to the Steam account that you registered with. Unfortunately Customer Support can't fix linking issues on Steam since we do not have access to Steam's client.

If you do not wish to buy crowns through the other account you have the option of purchasing a Game Time Card at your local store or online. (From safe retailers like the ones suggested here.)

Otherwise we would recommend contacting Steam to see if they can resolve this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • jan.denaanb16_ESO
    jan.denaanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,
    Thank you for your reply. I already contacted Steam and they refer to the support of ESO...

I don't see how my ESO account could be linked to a Steam which does not own the game???

I will try again and contact Steam support.