The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Curse of Vampirism

Zit
Zit
Soul Shriven
I read somewhere that if u get cursed the normal way in-game u have to do a quest within a week to stay as a vampire.(?)
If I would buy the curse from the store do I have to do that quest or will I stay as a vamp forever or until I chose to remove it?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the "within a week" thing is true any more, but it's a really short quest anyway. Essentially that quest exists to introduce the Vampire skill line and how you use it.

But to answer your question, no, you don't have to do the quest if you buy it from the store. You miss out on some background lore and a bit of XP by skipping it though.

You can remove Vampirism at any time (whether you got it in-game or from the store) by going to a Priest of Arkay.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    I strongly recommend getting a free bite from someone already cursed.
    Save yourself the money/crowns because you may end up not liking the pros and cons of being a vampire.
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)
  • xboxone1Q
    xboxone1Q
    ✭✭✭
    When you get bit you have 7 days to finish the quest or it will go away.