Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Thieves Guild: First Look"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Thieves Guild: First Look. We're excited to give you a glimpse of what awaits you in Thieves Guild, and we'll be discussing more details very soon! What are you looking forward to the most?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will the pts be up?
    Also why is kai editing your posts?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOOHOO!!!

"Access to content from other alliances in any order you choose upon reaching Veteran Rank 1"
    "Improvements to grouping including incentives and cross-alliance grouping outside of the Grouping Tool"

Can't wait to hear more about that cross-alliance grouping!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The Thieves Guild DLC game pack and base game patch will be available on the PTS in early February. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    HYPE!

Edit: since this is a discussion thread! I'm really glad to see we're getting more world bosses, the new ones are a lot of fun. I imagine they'll be even more fun when the population spreads out a bit. It's casual group content that has me run around in Wrothgar after 'having done it all'.

I'm also super excited about the 'new criminal activities'! And passive skill line? Didn't see that coming! What passive stuff could you possibly have in store that isn't already in Legerdemain? Super pumped.
    Edited by petraeus1 on January 21, 2016 3:09PM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Prioritization of animations during combat." Is this going to be an answer to remove weaving from game?
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks nice, but man, I wish we could join the Iron Wheel :/
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    A new passive skill line exclusive to members of the Thieves Guild
    Always something
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q51Ln7bvFSg
    Potential new pet at 0:19? :) Looks like a Bearded Dragon, that actually has wings and fire :D
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    "Prioritization of animations during combat." Is this going to be an answer to remove weaving from game?

We're not removing weaving, but improving the animations and responsiveness during combat so you can clearly see an ability's impact. We'll be getting into the details of this in the coming weeks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exact day for pts start, pretty please. :) Maw of Lorkhaj trial?! Well, my Dagoth is awaiting it. probably it will be only trial i will ever do.
    Edited by Cinbri on January 21, 2016 3:35PM
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Camel Mount Confirmed!
    fquFbJ9.jpg

Hmmm . . .
    Hours of exciting new story content and quests that will take you through all your favorite areas of Tamriel
    Looks like the TG is fully integrated into the base game.
    The addition of new criminal activities
    Tell me more. . . .
    It's passive, but new skill line
    Access to content from other alliances in any order you choose upon reaching Veteran Rank 1
    What? I figured it was coming but now? No more Silver and Gold! Explore at will. Does this mean they have already completed the conversion of these zones to "battle leveled" zones?

• nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah no game trialers my one weakness!!! MUST NOT... FANGIRL *O*
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This kind of bothers me a little. If it screws up my ransack animation cancelling I'm going back to wrecking blow, and I don't want to
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will Cadwell's Silver and Gold still exist as quests?
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    A challenging, new 12-player trial: Maw of Lorkhaj

All i want
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• d8rmir
    d8rmir
    ✭✭✭
    Totally looking forward to a nightingale style!
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Access to content from other alliances in any order you choose upon reaching Veteran Rank 1"

Now that is something to get excited about!! Finally! I am seriously stoked about this I must say! :smiley:

Looks awesome, cant wait to see more!
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 64-bit client for PC and Mac
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will this increase performance demand on the hardware? Will we need to upgrade our PCs?

Scrolling combat text (SCT)
    Will it include a DPS meter and buff tracker and improved character sheet information?

Access to content from other alliances in any order you choose upon reaching Veteran Rank 1
    Thank you so much for this! A welcome addition for roleplayers and altaholics. Will it scale like Orsinium?

Prioritization of animations during combat
    Does it mean animation cancelling will be gone?
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

This kind of bothers me a little. If it screws up my ransack animation cancelling I'm going back to wrecking blow, and I don't want to

First people cry about NB's doing massive damage from stealth, which is mostly due to animation cancelling, and then they don't want a nerf for their animation cancelling.

I am glad removing weaving from game. Stupid unintended mechanism. Nobody should be able to cancel an animation for an attack. Might aswell remove all animations and make damage instant.

Anyway, this DLC looks great. I can hear the crying about NB's can thieveguild better because they can cloak. I really look forward to the thieves guild. I do hope members of a thievesguild will be in negative with fightersguild and mageguild (ie more build diversity by choosing a guild skill line)

And if cyrodill also participates in thieving activities it would be awesome. So far justice is not server there (and plz tell us how the lag is after this update)

Looking forward to it and probably throwing money at it.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T8pGcC6.png

That mural really has me interested. Seems we will get a good dose of new Yokudan/Ra Gada lore!
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Looks nice, but man, I wish we could join the Iron Wheel :/

I at least hope these guys are tougher to get around than the average city guard and actually have some tricks up their sleeve other than being invincible and having endless cc!
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks beautiful! Skill line, world bosses, and good improvements in base game patch. I'll befinally able to do group content with my guild with my main char! Wonder what kind of new items there will be... Also I might fall in to camel. Excited to hear more :)
  • Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Camel Mount Confirmed!
    fquFbJ9.jpg

Didn't catch that! Thanks :mrgreen:
    "This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks really good, and those armors in the picture there, I really hope those are not only costumes, but motifs to craft armor style. Camel, for those that like that kinda thing. New skill line (passives)...that sounds interresting.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We're not removing weaving, but improving the animations and responsiveness during combat so you can clearly see an ability's impact. We'll be getting into the details of this in the coming weeks!

Hopefully making cc break and cc immunity work right is part of this?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    Players without DLC will not gain access to that skill line? Will these 'exclusive' passive skills break balance? Or it is free DLC available for everyone?
    Edited by Scraelos on January 21, 2016 3:44PM
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we able to access all the zones after the mainquest? Or do we still need to finish silver (now with ourselves choosing the order) to get access to the gold zones?
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scraelos wrote: »
    Players without DLC will not gain access to that skill line? Will these 'exclusive' passive skills break balance? Or it is free DLC available for everyone?

> Subscribe for a month
    > Join TG with all your characters
    > Cancel Subscription
    > Done.
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    Boss and Trash of new trial shown in gameplay (might not be a boss but looks likely)
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It kinda sounds like you're nerfing animation cancelling considering that is the practice of.. cancelling animations. I'm sweating right now @ZOS_GinaBruno