The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Patch v2.0.6 Focused Charge

AngersRevenge
AngersRevenge
✭✭✭
Templar
Aedric Spear
Focused Charge: Fixed an issue where you couldn’t activate other abilities for a short time after using Focused Charge or its morphs. We also fixed an issue where the effects from this ability would get stuck on you.

Is it still broken for everyone else or just me? I am still getting stuck in the charge animation. It seems to happen more now than before the "fix".
A true warrior never reveals his heart. Until the axe rips it from his chest.
  • Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    Its still broken, and its still a global cooldown while waiting to fall down from air (rougly 0.5-1) sec. They did fix Eclipse tho. But yeah, Focused charge was indeed not fixed, i dunno internal testing they do, but it was hillarous i go stuck in animation(20 sec) first attack with it after 2.06 patch. So i unslotted it again.
  • Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Definitely not fixed yet. Using a potion when stuck in charge animation helps.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird thing, the Invasion skill works just fine, when LOS issues are accounted for. Does this skill do anything different in the Templar Line? In the 1H/S it gives a quick close and a stun.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Weird thing, the Invasion skill works just fine, when LOS issues are accounted for. Does this skill do anything different in the Templar Line? In the 1H/S it gives a quick close and a stun.

Problem might be that Templar's charge has a different animation, and then ZOS added a Global Cool Down to the skill that effed it up royally... they haven't been willing or able to fix it yet (weren't willing for over a year, now aren't able because they introduced the GCD).
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Templar's charge is an interrupt. They really should just give up and let us have an Invasion that costs magicka, including the animation.
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    The cooldown of Focused Charge is now comparable to the cooldown on other gap-closers, such as crit charge or ambush. There shouldn't be a cooldown on any of these skills, but that's not what this thread is about.

However, I do still (even after the latest patch) frequently get stuck in the charge animation, especially when there is lag involved. I have gotten stuck in shield charge before, but only once or twice in the entire time playing this game. With focused charge in PvP, it is a daily or twice daily occurrence. Consoles need to come out quicker. Half-a**ed "fixes" like this are part of what's driving subscribers away. It's like ZO$ has never designed an MMO before.
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • AngersRevenge
    AngersRevenge
    ✭✭✭
    Odd enough I have never gotten stuck in any charge except the templar charge. No weapon charge or any of their morphs. The templars (and their morphs) on the other hand I get stuck in 1 of every 7 times I use it on average. At first I thought "ehhh, it doesn't happen enough to take it off my bar". Boy was I wrong. I left it on my bar simply to level it up then quickly removed it and haven't used it since. Funny how it the only charge it happens to me on is the templar's. If stuff like this doesn't get fixed I fear ESO will not make it long on the consoles. Console players, I like to think I support PC and console equally, might put up with a graphical glitch here and there. But, when it comes to glitches that break an entire ability, most of them don't stand for it and quickly shelf the game.
    Edited by AngersRevenge on April 28, 2015 1:12PM
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, obviously something was done/tried here or they wouldnt have put it in the patch notes.
    And unfortunately but not very surprising that something was not enough or even caused new/different issues.

Just write it off as another QA/Testing failure and move on.
    Templars are so used to that by now, I dont even get disappointed anymore... water under the bridge.
    Maybe more luck next try patch year.
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I took it off my bar too. Even the slightest bit of latency will cause you to get stuck in the running animation, and there is nothing you can do to cancel the animation. I think the best show of incompetence was these past weeks when they fixed the random stop/start bug that was affecting mounts, but unexpectedly revived the mount/unmount bug. [sarcasm] It's like ZO$ has never designed an MMO before[/sarcasm]
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Templar
    Aedric Spear
    Focused Charge: Fixed an issue where you couldn’t activate other abilities for a short time after using Focused Charge or its morphs. We also fixed an issue where the effects from this ability would get stuck on you.

Is it still broken for everyone else or just me? I am still getting stuck in the charge animation. It seems to happen more now than before the "fix".

Either ZOS does not doublecheck their fixes(because then you would actually instantly see that its still broken) or they dont know how the skill should work compared with other skills like invasion etc.

Well at least they are trying right? So give it 2-3 more patches ;)
    Edited by Alcast on April 29, 2015 7:56AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was testing it a bit yesterday on my templar (just a bit, I had it on bar for like, 10 minutes I think) and it was working fine enough for me, just that it's still inferior to any other charge skill in game so there's not much use for it in my play style. With 2h I rather use Critical Charge (even unmorphed has like 40% more base damage and is "supposed to" always crit) and with shield I'm using Shielded Assault (stun+bubble), seriously the only good point about Focused Charge is that it uses magicka as resource, which I suppose is better for tanks if they want all stamina for defense. Otherwise the damage is too low and stun depends too much on the mob actually casting something..
  • AngersRevenge
    AngersRevenge
    ✭✭✭
    ArRashid wrote: »
    I was testing it a bit yesterday on my templar (just a bit, I had it on bar for like, 10 minutes I think) and it was working fine enough for me, just that it's still inferior to any other charge skill in game so there's not much use for it in my play style. With 2h I rather use Critical Charge (even unmorphed has like 40% more base damage and is "supposed to" always crit) and with shield I'm using Shielded Assault (stun+bubble), seriously the only good point about Focused Charge is that it uses magicka as resource, which I suppose is better for tanks if they want all stamina for defense. Otherwise the damage is too low and stun depends too much on the mob actually casting something..

I play an up close and in your face magicka user. I mainly use Spear abilities. I use a destro and resto staff, so I don't have access to the other ones and my only choice for a gap closer is focused charge. Oh, well, hopefully in the next hotfix/patch or 2 it will be corrected.
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Templar
    Aedric Spear

Either ZOS does not doublecheck their fixes(because then you would actually instantly see that its still broken) or they dont know how the skill should work compared with other skills like invasion etc.

They changed the global cool-down, which wasn't the major concern for most players anyways.
    It's the after effect (getting stuck in animation) that's A) Been occurring since beta, and B ) ZOS seems to neglect every time it's brought up, using the GCD as a scapegoat/red herring.
    Edited by Observant on April 29, 2015 3:14PM
    Vehemence
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Observant wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    Templar
    Aedric Spear

They changed the global cool-down, which wasn't the major concern for most players anyways.
    It's the after effect (getting stuck in animation) that's A) Been occurring since beta, and B ) ZOS seems to neglect every time it's brought up, using the GCD as a scapegoat/red herring.

I disagree, the GCD was a big issue - being unable to cast abilities for the same duration as your target crippled the skill. The skill is much better now that the global cooldown is gone. The day they announced the fix, I slotted it and was having so much fun flying from target to target, but then I got stuck in the charge animation and said some terrible things. After getting stuck in the animation twice again in the same hour, I took it off.

To be fair, you will rarely get stuck in the animation from the Shield Charge ability too. the key word there is rarely, and usually only during lag spikes. Getting stuck in the Focused Charge animation seems to be much more common.

• david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was the major concern for me.

Edited by david.haypreub18_ESO on April 29, 2015 5:18PM
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since when does "Most players" mean 100% of players?

Hop off my nuts scrubs
    Vehemence
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hop off my nuts scrubs

What evidence do you have that more players were concerned with the lockout than the cooldown?
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭

Hop off my nuts scrubs

What evidence do you have that more players were concerned with the lockout than the cooldown?

I just figured people would be more concerned with being locked out of skills for 10+ seconds as opposed to 3s(that you know is coming, where as the animation bug is a random, yet likely result)

For trollings sake, what evidence do you have that proves me wrong?
    Edited by Observant on April 29, 2015 10:13PM
    Vehemence
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hop off my nuts scrubs

I just figured people would be more concerned with being locked out of skills for 10+ seconds as opposed to 3s(that you know is coming, where as the animation bug is a random, yet likely result)

For trollings sake, what evidence do you have that proves me wrong?

None, but I never made the claim that 'most' people were more concerned with one over the other, nor did I tell people who questioned my claim to 'hop off my nuts'. So the ball (pun intended) is really in your court. :smiley:

VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    The damage of the Templar's charge is not "bad" compared to other skills. The AE does decent damage for an AE (and everything is instant, instead of other "unefffective" templar-AoEs which don't hurt a mouse because of their low damage).

Beside, you'll never see your full damage potential in PvP as a templar, if you want other things like a 10k+ blazing shield, defense, etc. etc.
    Or you hide beneath a big pvp-raid and don't move away from them when in Cyrondil, then you can run a spell dmg-build. Many Templars - the builds I've seen, would be pure cannon fodder if not "defended" by their group they'd miserably die because of the uncapability to defend themselfes (their healing won't heal enough to defend vs. a sorc - who can play his char for burst - for example).
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax you noob fix this skill already!
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Earthwardzilvox_ESO
    Templar
    Aedric Spear

Same issue with explosive charge. It isn't fixed by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know anyone who doesn't encounter this bug. I've had to respec my character.
    Bright light casts a long shadow
  • Parsifal
    Parsifal
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I think that this skill gets bugged more often after the patch than before. It happens to me a lot. The skills is fairly vital to my main PVP build too! Nothing is worse than charging some unsuspecting player in PVP, and then getting bugged/unable to use skills while he slowly kills your poor, defenseless character.
  • Coridato
    Coridato
    Can I get a bump bump? This glitch is still around, it's rather dissapointing, and happens during 1v1's at the worst time!

Please fix ZOS!
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Coridato wrote: »
    Can I get a bump bump? This glitch is still around, it's rather dissapointing, and happens during 1v1's at the worst time!

Please fix ZOS!

They already said - "wait next DLC patch".
    Edited by Cinbri on January 2, 2016 10:59AM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this as its still happening