The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Character Builder Available For Armor & Champion System

Cordain99
Cordain99
In an effort to help players with their builds, I've created a character builder excel spreadsheet. This goes way beyond ability selection, and gives you real numbers for your characters stats. Recovery, Weapon and Spell Damage, Cost reduction, you name it, Character Builder tracks it.

Download @ http://cordain99.com/character-builder-v2/ - Microsoft Excel required

This is a work in progress so i welcome any help from the community. Values for provisioning enchants and some set bonuses are not 100% accurate yet.

This character builder includes
  • Armor Set Selection - (traits, enchants, and armor types)
  • Mundus Stone Buffs
  • Racial passives
  • Class Passives
  • Armor Passives
  • Attribute Points
  • Champion System
  • Provisioning
Please leave comments or suggestions on my website at the top.
Happy Theory Crafting
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    I will definitely try this out later.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great start!
  • Cordain99
    Cordain99
    If anyone can provide me with a list of Armor&Jewelry glyph values for VR14-VR16 and quality lvl i.e (white,green,blue,purple,gold) I would really appreciate it.
    That way i can allow users to select their enchant and quality and not have to worry about manually entering the values
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cordain99 wrote: »
    If anyone can provide me with a list of Armor&Jewelry glyph values for VR14-VR16 and quality lvl i.e (white,green,blue,purple,gold) I would really appreciate it.
    That way i can allow users to select their enchant and quality and not have to worry about manually entering the values

ESO Toolkit (android app) has these
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try as I might, I can't get the numbers to match up with in-game numbers. It may be an issue with the passives; I couldn't really figure out what I needed to do with them, nor get S&B entered correctly. Perhaps more detailed instructions would help?

I suggest an option for no food/drink entered.
  • Cordain99
    Cordain99
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Try as I might, I can't get the numbers to match up with in-game numbers. It may be an issue with the passives; I couldn't really figure out what I needed to do with them, nor get S&B entered correctly. Perhaps more detailed instructions would help?

I suggest an option for no food/drink entered.

Did you get the latest version I updated today. It has a help tab. I've been having issues getting stam magicka and health pools to match up I think it's the scaling with champ points. Are your numbers in the ballpark of a few hundred or way off?

I will add the option for no food.
  • Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    Have you considered the %stat added by the amount of CP spent in the constellations?
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • Cordain99
    Cordain99
    Aunatar wrote: »
    Have you considered the %stat added by the amount of CP spent in the constellations?

Do you have to spend the CP point to get the extra stat or is it given to you once you earn the CP point in that Tree?
  • Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    Aunatar wrote: »

Do you have to spend the CP point to get the extra stat or is it given to you once you earn the CP point in that Tree?

You actually have to spend them; for example I have more than 501 CP, but I get a % increase based on the amount I have spent (501 CP)
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • Cordain99
    Cordain99
    Ah yes I see that now. I will make the changes to account for champion points spent. I really appreciate all the great feedback and support.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you get the latest version I updated today. It has a help tab. I've been having issues getting stam magicka and health pools to match up I think it's the scaling with champ points. Are your numbers in the ballpark of a few hundred or way off?

I will add the option for no food.

I pulled the latest version and set it up today. I'm afraid my numbers are off by quite a bit, but there are some issues I know may be affecting them.
    • Need main hand enchants. (Build: D23) For example, my tank uses S&B, and I can set up the shield but not the axe absorb stamina enchant
    • Off Hand - can't select Epic or Legendary quality. (Build: P24) I see those items on the armor set worksheet, but they aren't in the DDL
    • Build: D28 and F48 - mentions Bos, DW and 2H, but not S&B. If this calc doesn't work for that, then maybe it needs a second calc. Or if it does, just add it to the text.
    • I'm still unsure on the set up of the passive. The instructions say the class & armor passives don't need to be changed. I put in the slotted abilities and turned off all the abilities and buffs to get a passive, unbuffed state. I'm not sure if that's correct.
    • Some armor passives are not included. For example, heavy armor's Bracing passive would potentially affect the ability costs. (Build: F46 - H49)
    • Suggest adding decimals in the passive summary where appropriate. Otherwise they show 0 values, which is confusing. (Build: AA20-AP20)
    • Adding block cost would be helpful.
    • What is the difference between Build: E15-27 and Build F15-27? Neither column matches up with either my armor values or my enchantment value.
    • Should we be manually overriding the armor values? Example: Armor Master chest with reinforced, legendary with legendary enchant has an armor value of 3215 and a max health enchant of 954 health. The spreadsheet says:
      Chest	Armor Master		HP	868	868		2,784		Reinforced		Increases Armor by:	Legendary		0.16	Heavy Legendary

2784 * .16 <> 3215

Now for my specific differences. Most of these values are way off from my character sheet.
    Spreadsheet says:
    FINAL STATS							
    Recovery			Attributes		Base Damage		
    STR	637		ST	12,044	WPD		2,082
    HPR	776		HP	29,929	SPD		1,335
    MPR	1,185		MP	16,488	WP Crit		10.0%
    Resists					SP Crit		22%
    Armor	20,005		
    Spell Resist	19,853		

ESO says (unbuffed):
    Max Mag: 14379
    Max Health: 29912 (without armor ability slotted - armor master would bump this) - very close
    Max Stam: 9841
    Mag recovery: 1440
    Health recovery: 522
    Stam recovery: 788
    Spell damage: 1132
    Spell crit: 22.0% - perfect match
    Weapon damage: 1188
    Weapon crit: 10% - perfect match
    Spell resist: 25061
    Phys resist: 21035

Some of this may be user error, of course.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. Willpower set does not show up in the armor drops down (Build: B8-12), even though it's in the Armor Set tab.
  • Cordain99
    Cordain99
    • Need main hand enchants. (Build: D23) For example, my tank uses S&B, and I can set up the shield but not the axe absorb stamina enchant
    I can add this in but these enchants do no effect your stats and the chance to proc is hard to calculate so it will be low on my priorities.
    [*] Off Hand - can't select Epic or Legendary quality. (Build: P24) I see those items on the armor set worksheet, but they aren't in the DDL
    Thanks for catching this, it will be corrected in the next version.
    [*] Build: D28 and F48 - mentions Bos, DW and 2H, but not S&B. If this calc doesn't work for that, then maybe it needs a second calc. Or if it does, just add it to the text.
    It works for S&B abilities but i will clarify this in the title text.
    [*] I'm still unsure on the set up of the passive. The instructions say the class & armor passives don't need to be changed. I put in the slotted abilities and turned off all the abilities and buffs to get a passive, unbuffed state. I'm not sure if that's correct.
    [*]
    Yes the passive above the RED line you don't need to worry about. below that are your major and minor buffs and passives you can select from, and turn them on or off. I believe you are using this section correctly
    [*] Some armor passives are not included. For example, heavy armor's Bracing passive would potentially affect the ability costs. (Build: F46 - H49)
    I missed that passive, i will add it to the class & armor passives section.
    [*] Suggest adding decimals in the passive summary where appropriate. Otherwise they show 0 values, which is confusing. (Build: AA20-AP20)
    0 values are true 0 values I will leave these blank instead so its easier to look at.
    [*] Adding block cost would be helpful.
    I will look into adding block cost. and a section in the ability use for number of blocks until out of stamina
    [*] What is the difference between Build: E15-27 and Build F15-27? Neither column matches up with either my armor values or my enchantment value.
    [*]
    The numbers for enchant values E16-E27 are the base v16 gold glyph values - column F is a modified value for infused trait. This section is a work in progress because of the new prismatic glyphs being all 3 stats. i will have to rework this a little as i am adding the option to select lower level enchants and quality.
    [*] Should we be manually overriding the armor values? Example: Armor Master chest with reinforced, legendary with legendary enchant has an armor value of 3215 and a max health enchant of 954 health. The spreadsheet says:
    Chest	Armor Master		HP	868	868		2,784		Reinforced		Increases Armor by:	Legendary		0.16	Heavy Legendary

2784 * .16 <> 3215
    [*]
    I will update the armor values at the same time as enchant values to include lower level gear. I believe the numbers i have right now were rough values or v14 values.

For right now you will need to modify your base HPR STR MPR and WP Damage and SP Damage in ROW 5. i will update the next version to automatically calculate these base values.

Thanks again for your great feedback.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] Suggest adding decimals in the passive summary where appropriate. Otherwise they show 0 values, which is confusing. (Build: AA20-AP20)
    0 values are true 0 values I will leave these blank instead so its easier to look at.

When I increased the # of decimal values, I got values other than 0. Example: HPR in AD20. I'm an orc, so the value in the Summary row is actually 0.35. I'm sure this doesn't affect the calculations, but it's good to see 0.35 instead of 0.
    For right now you will need to modify your base HPR STR MPR and WP Damage and SP Damage in ROW 5. i will update the next version to automatically calculate these base values.

Hmmm. How do I know my base values? I unequipped everything and input the recovery numbers, but they are still off. Would one have to unassign all champion points to find out this info?

Thanks for your work on this.
    Edited by NBrookus on January 5, 2016 3:52AM
  • Cordain99
    Cordain99
    Version 2.2.2 updated
    This version is much more accurate in terms of health, magicka and stamina. I've included the champion point effects on these stats per point spent (currently a minimum of 1 point in each tree is required). My equation is a bit off from in game but very close.

You can now select armor levels and quality (v1-v16) as well as type and quality of enchants, This effects both the auto calculated Armor resists and glyph values.

Started Adding block cost information - this is still a work in progress.

I've run into a snag with auto calculating weapon damage for DW and S&B. I assumed for DW your base weapon damage is as follows.
    ((MainHand + (1/4 OffHand * DWExpertPassive)))
    But this doesn't match up with in game - with two v16 daggers @1335wpDMG each i'm about 80 off

Your final Weapon damage i believe is:
    (BaseDamage + SetBonusValues + MundusValue) *(MajorBrutality% + MinorBrutality% + FlawlessdawnBreaker% + MediumArmorPassive%)

Can anyone help shed some light on the weapon damage equation for me?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are making great progress!

Build worksheet cell H21 throws an error if the trait is Reinforced.

Don't forget the Bracing passive.

You may want to add Trinimac to Armor Sets since it's popular.
    Trinimac		123 MPR	922 MP	123 MPR	Trinimac's Valor 10% chance when you cast a Damage Shield on an ally to call down a fragment of Trinimac that heals allies and damages enemies in the area for 3777. Can only occur once every 3 seconds

Also text for Armor Master's 5th bonus. It seems unlikely this could end up in the calculations, but the text would be nice for completeness.
    Armor Master		1231 HP	1642 Armor	1890 Spell Resis	While you have an armor ability slotted, increase your maximum health by 5%.  When you activate an armor ability you gain 4526 Physical and Spell Resistance for 10 seconds.

Speaking of armor sets, don't the stat bonus values change based on level?
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    P.S. Willpower set does not show up in the armor drops down (Build: B8-12), even though it's in the Armor Set tab.

This is still an issue with the latest sheet.
  • Cordain99
    Cordain99
    I'm currently making some changes to the jewelry glyph selection to include all glyphs and quality.

I have fixed the Issue with Willpower set not showing up in the dropdown and this fix will be available in v2.2.3 tonight

I would suggest for right now in order to show the health bonus from 5 piece Armor Master to just add 0.05 to cell AA30 for the manual passive buff adjustment. Most 5 piece buffs are so unique they are hard to account for.

as far as the set bonuses being affected by item level and quality, I will need to dig deeper into this. In the mean time you can adjust the sets values on the Armor Sets tab to reflect what you have available. Or add another line item on that sheet with the lower quality versions stats

ie:
    v16 Seducer | 128 MPR | 968 MP | 128 MPR | .08 MP Cost Reduction
    v10 Seducer | 92 MPR | 456 MP | 92 MPR | .04 MP Cost Reduction

• Tacos
    Tacos
    Thanks for posting this. I'm not seeing any drop down options for race, sets, etc. Any advise?
    Tacös - Orc - Stamplar - DC
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tacos wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this. I'm not seeing any drop down options for race, sets, etc. Any advise?

Have you enabled macros in the worksheet? Excel turns them off by default when you download something.
  • Cordain99
    Cordain99
    Tacos wrote: »

Have you enabled macros in the worksheet? Excel turns them off by default when you download something.

Yes at the top of the worksheet when you first open it there will be a yellow bar asking to Enable Editing and again to Enable Macros.
  • Zohr
    Zohr
    ✭✭✭
    I really like using this. I would love to see it made in to a program or app, something a bit more visually appealing and easier to use. However, it is a good tool so far and I can't wait to see more updates.
    The Zohr-Father - DC Templar
    Zohritos - AD Nightblade
  • Cordain99
    Cordain99
    Zohr wrote: »
    I really like using this. I would love to see it made in to a program or app, something a bit more visually appealing and easier to use. However, it is a good tool so far and I can't wait to see more updates.

Thanks, I'm glad people are finding it useful. I may consider an app or web-based when they remove vet ranks as this would require a complete overhaul.
  • Cordain99
    Cordain99
    Version 2.2.4 is available @ www.Cordain99.com/character-builder-v2
    Fixes Include:
    * All Orsinium, Imperial City, Crafted, and Monster sets are available
    * Added Weapon Damage Calculator in cells L1:S2 - this is a temp fix to help
    those trying to figure out their Base Weapon/Spell Damage for Cell P5 & Q5
    * Added Sword and Shield Buffs, and Alliance Support Magicka Aid Passive

I may be able to convert this into a webpage sooner than expected, I have a programmer willing to help out now :)

Until then please keep the feedback coming, it's been great!
    Edited by Cordain99 on January 19, 2016 3:52PM
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent, keep up the good work
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed something. The Song of Lamae set has wrong info in your chart.

I can't verify atm but wiki has this for it.

2 items) Adds 1935 Spell Resistance
    •(3 items) Adds 1935 Physical Resistance
    •(4 items) Adds 1064 Max Health
    •(5 items) When Health drops below 30%, deal (VR16 gold value goes here) Magic Damage to the attacker and recover (VR16 gold value goes here) Health. This can only happen once every 30 seconds.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You've done a lot of work here again! I appreciate your efforts. I love you've added more vet ranks, so I can work on my sorc.

How does one unequip an offhand item? If I have a toon using a 2H destro staff, selecting "-SELECT-" from the Off Hand drop down list and selecting no glyph causes the equation in E32 (and thus also E43) to fail. In the Type DDL in cell Q24, there's no option to select nothing.

Finally, leaving Q24 as "shield" with no glyph causes the formulas in G24 and H24 to fail.

(On your Help tab, BTW, it shows you using a 2H and shield.)

Questions: Fields H5:L5 and S5:T5 require manual values. Are these pulled direct from our character sheet? Do the values on our character sheets in-game not reflect CP, etc.? How is that different from the "Final Values" on your spreadsheet -- because these numbers don't seem right.
  • Cordain99
    Cordain99
    Thanks, sorry I overlooked 2h setups. I will add the option later tonight for the offhand to be set to NONE. I will also add the option to select NO Glyph for all items.

(HPR STR MPR) and wep crit/ sp crit No longer require manual entry. However the recoveries were setup for v16 characters only. I will update this to take into account lower level characters. For tonight i will add the functionality but my numbers for lower level characters will probably be off until i have time to test it. or someone from the community can provide the information.

Right now I assume since a v16 characters base recoveries are HP580 ST360 MP360 that you would get 10 points HRP per lvl from 1-50 and 5pts ST/MP per level from 1-50.

Example:
    Level 1 - 80HPR 110STR 110MPR
    Level 2 - 90HPR 115STR 115MPR
    Level 20 - 280HPR 220STR 220MPR
    Level Vet16 - 580HPR 360STR 360MPR

Please anyone correct me if this is wrong. Its going to be hard to test since all i have are v16 toons :)

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the fixes!

Next bugs:
    O25 and O26 formulas are erroring out below V10. While they currently have no glyph values in the Jewelry Glyphs sheet, that works fine V10 plus.
    Neck	Soulshine	v9	Decrease Spell Harm		Fine	0					Arcane			#N/A	Fine
    Ring 1	Soulshine	v10	Magicka Regen		Fine	0					Arcane			0	Fine
    Ring 2	Soulshine	v9	Magicka Regen		Fine	0					Arcane			#N/A	Fine

Values for lower level jewelry:
    V9 green spell resist - 568
    V10 green MPR - 129
    V9 green MPR - 129 (yes, the same)

Regarding base recoveries, it doesn't appear to be a straight progression although that might be good enough for the purposes here:
    Level 3 with no CP or armor (same for multiple races):
    M 77
    S 77
    H 46

Level 28 with no CP or armor:
    M 324
    S 327
    H 197