The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Glyph advice

RapturousRex
RapturousRex
✭✭✭
Currently on Vr14, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to use glyphs on a Hybrid.

I've split it in 2 groups, mains [chest and the like that provide the full boost], and halves, and it seems as though theres 4 of each [including shield].

I'm a fully split Hybrid Dragon Knight, so was wondering if doing 2 health, 1 Stam and 1 majicka on the armour would be the best way to use them? Or am I over thinking rhings?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shield gets fulls benefit, just like chest, head, and legs do. The rest get 40%.

How you break it up depends on your current stats - your attribute distribution (H/M/S), bonuses you may get from gear/food/drink, and what exactly it is you are going for.

Simply put, use the main's to give the largest boost to whatever stat you want the highest (or the one that goes low the most often), and use the rest in a similar fashion. They can be used to boost, to fine tune, or to 'replace' attribute points. (If you can add ~800 Health via armor glyph, that's 8 attribute points you can shuffle elsewhere.)

Pick the area you have the most trouble in, and boost it first. Your needs are going to be quite different depending on if you tank, DPS, or heal. I also assume by 'hybrid' that you do more than one role and have more than one set of gear accordingly?

I use the enchants to make the minor adjustments as needed, then use attribute points for the long-term base.

This lets you adjust/fine-tune your character/playstyle without having to respec all the time.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS