The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just installed patch and now game won't start from launcher

creme-delacreme
Is anyone else having this same issue?
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Yes. I'm having the same issue.

I'm on a Macbook Pro. NA-PC server. I even did a repair. The launcher has completed the download and now doesn't load the game after selecting "play".
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ticket submitted 150831-003433. Can anyone look into this?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Are you two getting any specific error message?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Theduck38
    Theduck38
    Hello

+1, posted in french section :
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/fr/discussion/212524/le-lanceur-ne-lance-plus-le-jeu#latest

No error, the launcher button has no effect.
    If I try to launch the game directly, it "quits unexpectedly".

Console log :
    01/09/15 14:47:33,173 ReportCrash: Failed to create CSSymbolicatorRef for ZeniMax Online Studios Launcher[2636]

Crash error log :
    Process: ZeniMax Online Studios Launcher [2655]
    Path: /Volumes/VOLUME/*/Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/ZeniMax Online Studios Launcher
    Identifier: ZeniMax Online Studios Launcher
    Version: ??? (???)
    Code Type: X86 (Native)
    Parent Process: ZeniMax Online Studios Launcher [2654]

Date/Time: 2015-09-01 14:49:05.894 +0200
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63)
    Report Version: 9

Crashed Thread: Unknown

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000008fe01030

Backtrace not available

Unknown thread crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
    eax: 0x00000055 ebx: 0x00000000 ecx: 0x00000000 edx: 0x00000000
    edi: 0x00000000 esi: 0x00000000 ebp: 0x00000000 esp: 0x00000000
    ss: 0x0000001f efl: 0x00010203 eip: 0x8fe01030 cs: 0x00000017
    ds: 0x0000001f es: 0x0000001f fs: 0x00000000 gs: 0x00000000
    cr2: 0x8fe01030
    Logical CPU: 1

Binary images description not available

External Modification Summary:
    Calls made by other processes targeting this process:
    task_for_pid: 0
    thread_create: 0
    thread_set_state: 0
    Calls made by this process:
    Calls made by all processes on this machine:
    task_for_pid: 6784
    Edited by Theduck38 on September 1, 2015 1:07PM
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the exact same problem. I click the 'play' button and absolutely nothing happens. The game won't launch ...
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey folks,

Could you please contact our Support team and provide the following info?
    • What Mac you're using
    • What OS version you're using
    • Your system information
    • Any Patcher Logs you might have
    Here are details on how to generate a System Profiler / System Information report: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5433/
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • creme-delacreme
    Hi Jessica! (btw - this is the Creme from The_Shindig's guild)

As stated above, there is no error... nothing at all. When you click the play button, absolutely nothing happens. It's like a link is broken that would launch the app.

On a side note, I'm playing on the PS4 now too, and on day one I started a guild called Veterans of Tamriel (multi-faction)…that's how I know Fexelea, she is a member. In the AD faction we were the first group to complete Sanctum (I also had 2 members on the DC team). It's wonderful not crashing all the time like I do on my mac!
  • ZOS_MollyH
    To add to Jessica's post, in your ticket, please be sure to include a screenshot of your System Information Overview page as well! Instructions behind the spoiler tag:

Step 1: Click the apple icon in the top left of the screen, and choose “About this Mac”

Step 2: Take a screenshot of the Overview page that comes up.
    To Take a screenshot of a window –
    • Press Command (⌘)-Shift-4. You'll see that your cursor changes to a camera pointer.
    • Press the Space bar.
    • Move the camera pointer over the window to highlight it.
    • Click your mouse or trackpad. Or to cancel, press Escape (esc) before you click.
    • Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop and attach to your email

@Theduck38 Please be aware that 10.7 is no longer a supported operating system for ESO. Players attempting to launch through El Capitan may also experience known problems, as El Capitan is not yet supported.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Theduck38
    Theduck38
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    @Theduck38 Please be aware that 10.7 is no longer a supported operating system for ESO. Players attempting to launch through El Capitan may also experience known problems, as El Capitan is not yet supported.

Do you mean I won't be able to play anymore as I cannot upgrade beyond 10.7 ?

Should have said it before, with big red flashing lights… I am still paying for the game and you just tell me I can stop playing right now !
  • ZOS_MollyH
    We're sorry for the confusion! For reference, our system requirements for Mac can be located here

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3315/
    Staff Post
  • Theduck38
    Theduck38
    I have been playing since the beta with my actual configuration (Mac Pro 1,1; OSX 10.7, ATI HD5770)… When I bought the game, and payed for 18 months, the minimum requirements were different !

A couple of weeks ago, I read carefully the last version release notes, and I am quite sure it was not written anywhere that the minimum config was to change (or the game was going to drop compatibility with previous system versions), thus suddenly preventing a certain number of users to play the game…

Now, what ? I just stop playing until I will be able to buy another computer ?

I think developers could have make an effort to keep actual players and actual working configs ! I suppose you have counted the number of users (and money) you're going to loose, and it was not worth taking some time to keep them.

So this is the end of the game for me… too bad !
    Edited by Theduck38 on September 1, 2015 4:40PM
  • forestpest
    Theduck38 wrote: »
    Hello

+1, posted in french section :
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/fr/discussion/212524/le-lanceur-ne-lance-plus-le-jeu#latest

No error, the launcher button has no effect.
    If I try to launch the game directly, it "quits unexpectedly".

Console log :
    01/09/15 14:47:33,173 ReportCrash: Failed to create CSSymbolicatorRef for ZeniMax Online Studios Launcher[2636]

Crash error log :
    Process: ZeniMax Online Studios Launcher [2655]
    Path: /Volumes/VOLUME/*/Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/ZeniMax Online Studios Launcher
    Identifier: ZeniMax Online Studios Launcher
    Version: ??? (???)
    Code Type: X86 (Native)
    Parent Process: ZeniMax Online Studios Launcher [2654]

Date/Time: 2015-09-01 14:49:05.894 +0200
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63)
    Report Version: 9

Crashed Thread: Unknown

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000008fe01030

Backtrace not available

Unknown thread crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
    eax: 0x00000055 ebx: 0x00000000 ecx: 0x00000000 edx: 0x00000000
    edi: 0x00000000 esi: 0x00000000 ebp: 0x00000000 esp: 0x00000000
    ss: 0x0000001f efl: 0x00010203 eip: 0x8fe01030 cs: 0x00000017
    ds: 0x0000001f es: 0x0000001f fs: 0x00000000 gs: 0x00000000
    cr2: 0x8fe01030
    Logical CPU: 1

Binary images description not available

External Modification Summary:
    Calls made by other processes targeting this process:
    Calls made by this process:
    Calls made by all processes on this machine:
    task_for_pid: 6784

Had the same issue here is what I did and this solved it for me

find terminal and type

sudo chmod -R 777 /Volumes/MacHD/Applications/Zenimax\ Online/* (assuming MacHD is your mac disk and that you installed into the default location) then run a repair. don't hit play. close and re-open launcher and play
  • creme-delacreme
    As TheDuck38 stated, I wasn't aware that 10.7 would no longer be supported…I'm sure this is also my issue.

As typically OS upgrades are no charge, I've scheduled an appt at my local Apple Genius Bar to upgrade my OS and will repost the results after I have reinstalled the software and launched.
  • Theduck38
    Theduck38
    @forestpest,

Thx for your answer… unfortunately, it did not fix my issue. And my Mac OS can't upgrade beyond 10.7.
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mac store won't let me upgrade to the new version. I've been trying all morning. I am extremely frustrated and upset. ESO means a lot to me and the thought of not being able to play it anymore is ... pretty awful ...
    Ebonheart Pact
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Daggerfall Covenant

Guest on first ESO Live
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MollyH

So it appears that I'm also running MAC OS 10.7.5 which would point to what the issue is buuuuuuuut when I attempt to do a software update it says there are none available so this is disheartening. It looks like I'll need to talk to Apple to see what my options are and hopefully it won't cost me a fortune to continue playing....... :s

• Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    This is unexpected and disappointing. It's the first I have heard of it too. So much for playing/paying for this game...
    Edited by Imdrefan on September 1, 2015 7:24PM
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • Theduck38
    Theduck38
    I hope the developers will understand the (financial) interest to make a patch to avoid to drop players under 10.7.
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: After five hours of stress dealing with the App store I was finally able to update my Mac and get ESO working again. I'm very relieved but I also hope everyone else can fix their Mac issues and get in game again as well ... :confused:

It sucks that I can't see the nice textures on my crown store mounts anymore though ... (Graphics seem to take a hit and my Nightblade's excellent stamina regen seems to be gone as well ...)
    Ebonheart Pact
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Daggerfall Covenant

Guest on first ESO Live
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The system requirements of MMOs are moving targets, always have been, always will be. While MMOs are often the kind of games that support a very broad spectrum of machines of all ages from the get-go, as the game grows in scope and features, this spectrum will inevitably shift towards the newer, more powerful hardware and software (OS), and the machines at the lower end of it will drop off faster than, say, those in the middle.

There have been updates to the minimum system requirements all the time, especially regarding the free disk space of the client's installation on the HD. Other changes have been mentioned in the patch notes, such as the new required minimum of 2GB of VRAM for high quality textures with the introduction of the Justice System.

That being said, there is a new OpenGL renderer for the client in the works (no ETA yet), bringing the supported OpenGL version to 4.1, up from 2.1. This means that OS X 10.9 will become the minimum supported OS, but there's also the question whether the GPU supports the newer version of OpenGL as well. I've linked to a compatibility chart from Apple in my post here.
  • creme-delacreme
    I left my Mac overnight and Apple upgraded it for me from 10.7 to 10.9 with no problem. Back working fine for those (except for the crashing issues I still have due to the age of my mac) who aren't sure they are able to upgrade, I hope you find you can! Didn't need to reinstall the game either. Worked right outta the gate.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Thanks for letting us know @creme-delacreme ! Welcome back to Tamriel!!
    Staff Post
  • whitebeard00
    whitebeard00
    ✭✭
    Wow...really disappointing. I have installed 10.10 and it is really awful. Had to erase it and go back to 10.7.5. because it caused so many problems.

There is no way to play ESO now at 10.7.5?
  • forestpest
    Wow...really disappointing. I have installed 10.10 and it is really awful. Had to erase it and go back to 10.7.5. because it caused so many problems.

There is no way to play ESO now at 10.7.5?

Anything specific?
  • jayss123_ESO
    Well I finely had time to come back to play this game only to find out the min. specs are now 10.9 and sadly I'm on a Mac Pro 1.1 and just don't have the money to get a new Mac and let alone a new PC. It saddens me that the devs. did what they did looks like I'll be deleting my game as of this post Devs. I'd love to update but can't afford a new PC at even 500 bucks and a new Mac for around the same witch means it would be 700+ to run 10.9 thanks for ruining my 2016 guys but then again do you guys really care, nope. That 1million bucks would have won cuz I couldn't even play, thanks guys good luck to the winner though.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, you do know that it's perfectly normal for any MMO that hardware specs change over time? That it's not done to spite anyone, but to keep the game alive by keeping it up to date -- not cutting edge, but reasonably current? That MMOs always try to support a broad range of machines, even those 3-5 years old, from the get-go, in order to enable a huge crowd of people to play (hence the "massively" in their name)? So it comes at absolutely no surprise that when specs are raised, machines at the lower end tend to fall off first. That is just the way of things. I find it funny that in other game genres, the announcement of new games demanding absolutely outrageous minimum system specs are taken in stride (hello, Star Wars Battlefront), but how dare MMOs go with the times for the benefit of their players? ;)

In this particular case, ESO is going to support OpenGL 4.1, which finally will enable the Mac client to sport some features that have been missing on this platform, like FaceFX. It also will bring with it a performance boost, which can never be bad by itself.

Now, in order for any Mac to be able to run OpenGL 4.1, two conditions must be met, and both of them are not the responsibility of the developers: at least OS X 10.9 has to be run, and the Mac's graphics card, or rather, its OS X driver, needs to support it as well.

If I wanted to, I could run OS X 10.9 on my 2007 24" iMac, since the OS still supports machines that are a whopping eight years old by now. Its Radeon HD 2600 won't support OGL 4.1, however, but that's not a loss, since I don't intend to run ESO at the lowest possible settings. It was Apple's decision to exclude the slightly older original Mac Pro from 10.9 support, but since it's going to be 10 years old coming August, that's understandable (10.11 El Capitan still supports the same range of machines that Mavericks did two years earlier, btw).

So, while it's natural that games and specs change with the times, it's also perfectly normal that the underlying hardware needs to be renewed from time to time. And while the times in which I built myself a new gaming rig every two to three years to stay abreast with the lower high end are long gone since I switched to Macs, I still find it prudent to plan ahead accordingly: every three to four years the tech has been improved sufficiently enough for the performance gain to be noticeable, and so I start saving up in time. :smile: