Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

reset skill points - what happends to items on research?

Beruge
Beruge
✭✭✭
So i am soon complete with all 9 traits of all woodworking items and then it would be a good chance for me to free up 4 skills points. but if i reset all my skill points. What will happend to the items that is on esearch in for example blacksmithing? will their timer reset? will they dissappear? Will they still be on research? Will i get the items sent to me?
My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have respec'd a number of times and the yimers continue to go with no interruption. I always put the points back into the research passives immediately though.
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The items will still be in research, but the timer will be longer until you put points back into the passive. Then it'll be back to what it was before you reset your skill points.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All items will continue to research whether you put the points back or not. However, the passives that reduce time to research subtract the amount from the end. So if you were a day away from completing the 9th trait and remove the skill points, you would have another month of time added to the timer. There is no partial credit for accelerated research time done. On the other hand, if you research the 9th trait for over a month and then put the 4 skill points in, research will complete immediately.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●