Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO – The Year Ahead"

• Nikkor
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭
    no words for the level of disappointment that appearance change and race change aren't coming with thieves guild.
  • Nikkor
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭
    LearnThis wrote: »
    I know I read about the character customization but I did not see the word "race" in there. Was there a reason that was not spoken of or at least mentioned?

As a few before have said, I too am sad to read the VR changes are happening during the second quarter and not sooner.

Thank you for the informational update.

very disappointed about the vr drop not happening yet as well.

sad eso day for me.
    Edited by Nikkor on January 13, 2016 2:01AM
  • goatsarelykmushrooms
    Character re-rolling !!!!!!
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EPIC!
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe name change is a long term goal. Honestly how f hard is it to implement a name change? It's not like they don't already have a similar system in use, like submitting a ticket requesting a name change. Just create an NPC for it instead of having to put a ticket in.

I already knew the rest of the justice system wasn't gonna be implemented (sadly). And about spellcrafting, I thought that was done when the guy working on it quit. I guess they might try to revive what he was working on, although I can't expect to see that until 2017 tbh.

What I'm most disappointed about is that the vet ranks aren't being removed until Q2, which is like half a year from now. If we go by the information we were given, PTS update goes live in early Feb Q1, which leaves the Q2 update at around late May to early June. From what we know from past updates, they usually follow 3-4 months after each other.

Also sad to hear nothing new about PvP, GG ZOS.
    Edited by Zavus on January 13, 2016 2:51AM
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

• KaneBunce
    KaneBunce
    Zavus wrote: »
    From what we know from past updates, they usually follow 3-4 months after each other.
    There is no "usually" yet. The first (and so far only) gap between DLC was about 2 months and 2 days. Then TG will be about 4 months after Orsinium baring a much shorter time on PTS. With what is soon to be just 2 very different gaps, there is no "usually" yet.
    Edited by KaneBunce on January 13, 2016 2:57AM
    "A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole." - Wizard's 9th Rule.
  • LDK
    LDK
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert

Any word about extra character slots?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We've talked publicly many times about the removal of veteran ranks and we are still committed to doing so."

i hate this :\
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw... after cheating the players who already reached v16 back to level 50 are you going to return the crowns spent on "Crown Experience Scrolls"?

because i only used it after level 50, so, it's better you return some crowns if you are going to remove 16 levels.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like there was almost nothing we didn't know in that year ahead post.
  • Trikki
    Trikki
    ✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    btw... after cheating the players who already reached v16 back to level 50 are you going to return the crowns spent on "Crown Experience Scrolls"?

because i only used it after level 50, so, it's better you return some crowns if you are going to remove 16 levels.

This x10000000000000000000000000000. I've spent like 12000 crowns on scrolls
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I didnt notice on this update is the rest of the facial animation tech. Is that still coming @ZOS_JessicaFolsom?
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will not be adding in the previously discussed PvP component of the Justice System.
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

• Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the lag problems in Cyrodiil to be not so much related to having so many players using AoE abilities in one area, as suggested, but probably due to the more commonly surfacing problem of MMO's erroneously using HTTP/HTTPS protocols to transport data to their non-gaming designed databases and/or server clusters. This protocol is for web browsing, using non synchronous transport mechanisms. Every player needs to absorb two connections, for transmit and receive of packets, and then another tedious layer of synchronization and authorization on top of every ability they use for each cloud server cluster. This is a problem that can only addressed with some serious cloud computing gurus, especially that syncing problem. It's been a matter of debate, not just in gaming mind you, but it is more of a fundamental problem due to current technology limitations.

To top this off, many games still use a very old, low performing, and very much deprecated language of Lua to script events, rather than using an industry standard of Python, or DART, with the benefits of JIT Compiling, or static compiling against safe and strict reference types including the background resource management thereof. Personally I would love to see a far more modern mechanism in place out there in the gaming landscape rather than dogmatically following these old methods for no apparent reason (I mean seriously, what does it take to learn a new scripting language, maybe three days? Why do games consistently turn towards a weird language like Lua when there is so many better alternatives?). Just look at the Go Language. Just look at it! (as Homer Simpson would say, while shaking a fist threateningly). So many better alternatives out there, both performance wise, and time saving wise. Sure Lua is already out there, it works, and that is a money saver in the short term from a corporate perspective. Its days are numbered, however, from a technology perspective. Who wants to be a real hero and go down in the annuals of history as being the first to use real cutting edge technology in their games? I think ZoS and Bethesda should. They do at least SCRUM. That's an industry first as far as I know. I can deal with that. I SCRUM for you SCRUM. We all SCRUM for I SCRUM.
    Edited by Necrelios on January 13, 2016 5:07AM
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Ecrusted
    Ecrusted
    Soul Shriven
    PLEASE!!!! Let us change race! I've spent so much time on my character I don't want to redo just to change race, I really don't care if it cost $$ or gold!!
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What will happen with those attribute points we got for veteran ranks?

You will now earn the extra attribute/skill points while leveling up from 1-50. Here's a quick chart to help explain it better

Level - Bonus Attribute/Skill Points
    5 - 1
    10 - 2
    15 - 1
    20 - 2
    25 - 1
    30 - 2
    35 - 1
    40 - 2
    45 - 1
    50 - 3
    Total 16

Note: This is different than what I posted in November last year. We've been iterating on the design for a bit now and this is a much more straightforward approach.

so... you confirming that all players who earn Bonus Attribute/Skill Points after level 50 will be in fact cheated, and leveled down to the same position of the players who didn't even reached the veteran level.

i keep my question: after cheating the players who already reached v16 back to level 50 are you going to return the crowns spent on "Crown Experience Scrolls"?

and what about all the level 50 items that we sold cheap or destroyed and should have saved? and what will happen the huge amount of gold that we spent on v16 items?

leveling down to make the game easy will ruining it. it would be much better to increase more levels and make the game harder.
  • Strychnox
    Strychnox
    ✭✭
    Disapointed... Justice system is not fun imo. Had high hopes for the enforcer content that was promised. The fact that we cannot change our race or add character slots still baffles me.
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    what will happen to the weapons and armor in vr ranks that was grinded for???
    talking about undaunted sets masters weapons etc...
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't blame them honestly on the Justice System Part....That just seemed like it would of been a pain in the ass to make work properly.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the stuff about class balance? I sure hope it's on that page and I just missed it. Pretty sure we'd appreciate some information on what's happening with that.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will not be adding in the previously discussed PvP component of the Justice System

So disappointed....
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP in the justice system is gone and spellcrafting is probably not coming either. I was hoping for some good news. Already was frustrated with the way they broke the games core mechanics last patch. Now its looking more free to play than ever. All fluff no balls. Guess its time to tell my friends im done.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    there is a way to implement the new Justice system, without harming the players that do not like PVP:

do it like that, that it would be possible for the player to turn off for him/herself.

If someone wants to take part in this "mini game", they turn it on and then the enforcers will be able to attack them. If they do not want to take part, they simply untick it - turn it off and that is it!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    there is a way to implement the new Justice system, without harming the players that do not like PVP:

do it like that, that it would be possible for the player to turn off for him/herself.

If someone wants to take part in this "mini game", they turn it on and then the enforcers will be able to attack them. If they do not want to take part, they simply untick it - turn it off and that is it!!

They dont want another system to balance. They want neatly wrapped content they can sell. Same goes for spellcrafting. I called it when they went f2p, and unfortunately I was right.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a console V16 Master Crafter, can you tell us if we're going to be, for want of a better term, majorly screwed over if we commit to making new V16 gear using the holy-s*** ridiculous needed amount of V16 mats now? What's going to happen to all of the materials and gear made for Veteran Ranks when the VR system is removed? Are we all going to be shafted out of our time and money? Is it a waste of time, materials, and gold to spend on gear that will lose effectiveness or otherwise be outdated?

This is really urgently needed information, because it's already costing me half of my V16 business. Many people (myself included) are too scared to commit the massive gold and material cost into gear that will last only a month or two before it may or may not be rendered useless. Would it be prudent to just give up on making V16 gear and sell all of the mats before they're made extinct?
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asking again: What about crafting? Atm crafting take place from lvl1 to vr15. Removing the 16 vr levels mean we will lose some crating styles?

Spellcrafting shouldn't come till the game is well balanced. Removing VR ranks and adding new skills might rise another balance issue. So i'd say let it come next year. Maybe we get housing later this year instead?

Will 64 bit fix the low res texture bug? Running in circles through Deshaan will always pop up low res textures on walls stairs etc and this *** me off badly when playing on ultra. As if black (untextured) characters weren't enough. Speaking about can we turn off those untextured characters?
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a console V16 Master Crafter, can you tell us if we're going to be, for want of a better term, majorly screwed over if we commit to making new V16 gear using the holy-s*** ridiculous needed amount of V16 mats now? What's going to happen to all of the materials and gear made for Veteran Ranks when the VR system is removed? Are we all going to be shafted out of our time and money? Is it a waste of time, materials, and gold to spend on gear that will lose effectiveness or otherwise be outdated?

This is really urgently needed information, because it's already costing me half of my V16 business. Many people (myself included) are too scared to commit the massive gold and material cost into gear that will last only a month or two before it may or may not be rendered useless. Would it be prudent to just give up on making V16 gear and sell all of the mats before they're made extinct?

Last they said, and this may not be the case anymore, instead of vr requirements there will be cp requirements. So yes your v16 gear will be more valuable than v1 gear.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They dont want another system to balance. They want neatly wrapped content they can sell. Same goes for spellcrafting. I called it when they went f2p, and unfortunately I was right.

spellcrafting is still on the table, do not forget that. just delayed. my guess would be they first have to fix the lag in cyro, otherwise adding more spells would break the hell out of the lag even more.
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭

spellcrafting is still on the table, do not forget that. just delayed. my guess would be they first have to fix the lag in cyro, otherwise adding more spells would break the hell out of the lag even more.

The justice system was on the table until today also.
    Edited by Stalwart385 on January 13, 2016 8:07AM
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last they said, and this may not be the case anymore, instead of vr requirements there will be cp requirements. So yes your v16 gear will be more valuable than v1 gear.

So if I were to make a full set of V16 gear, take it to yellow, and put yellow enchantments on all of it, I would not be getting shafted hard when the VR system goes kaput? Does anyone know what's going to happen to all of the crafting materials for gear above level 50? Is it going to be changed to affect weapon color or something, hopefully?
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on January 13, 2016 8:25AM