Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why is Alchemy Treated Like a Trash?

Nemesis626
Nemesis626
✭✭
Seriously.

Player made potions are vastly superior to anything dropped in game, and yet there is no way to differentiate a player made pot from the generic.

It does not say who crafted it, like with other crafted items. Which would be nice. I wish my guildmates knew which pots I made with love and which are just standard issue drops.

They do not have a different colour. They're all just bland white.Even the ones that give several fabulous benefits.

Nor can we rename them.

What gives, Zenimax?
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    Nemesis626 wrote: »
    Seriously.

Player made potions are vastly superior to anything dropped in game, and yet there is no way to differentiate a player made pot from the generic.

It does not say who crafted it, like with other crafted items. Which would be nice. I wish my guildmates knew which pots I made with love and which are just standard issue drops.

They do not have a different colour. They're all just bland white.Even the ones that give several fabulous benefits.

Nor can we rename them.

What gives, Zenimax?

They should make it so 1 effect potions have green names, 2 effect blue names, & 3 effect have purple names
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Non crafted should be : White
    • Crafted Pot should be : Green
    • Crafted Double Stat Pots should be : Blue
    • Crafted Tri-Stats Pots should be : Purple
    • Crown pots (or new craft tier, a day) should be : Gold
    Edited by Ayantir on November 5, 2015 7:12PM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Nemesis626
    Nemesis626
    ✭✭
    Thanks, guys! Nice to know that I'm not crazy in thinking that this should be a thing!

Make this a thing, Zenimax! Please?
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    I sold my tripots 3 times yesterday since i kept mistaking them for the dropped ones :D
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want new ingredients, how epic would Magicka + Stamina + Immovable be?
    PC EU
  • Nemesis626
    Nemesis626
    ✭✭
    Super Epic, @WillhelmBlack , that's how epic.

Or what about being able to apply poisons to weapons for a kick ass opening shot? Am I right?

Why else do we have so many negative effects? I get that it's part of the challenge of the balancing act... putting the right mats together to create awesome, but still. I'd love the added dimension to the craft and the game.
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    I'd prefer to see ingredients which have Resistance Effects (Fire, Ice, Lightning, Poison, Disease).
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/2409885/#Comment_2409885

apparently there's already names for different potions in the game data that's just not being used.
    Edited by Zaldan on November 6, 2015 12:29PM
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please make Lorkhan tears available in Cyrodiil.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree!!!

please ZOS do it asap!!!
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alchemists are weird. When they travel along à river, they always bring à bucket in case they find some particularly clean water to take with them. When they see a nice flower in the wilderness, they pick it up without any care for the zone's ecosystem.

Please don't be alchemists.
    Wololo.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Alchemists are weird. When they travel along à river, they always bring à bucket in case they find some particularly clean water to take with them. When they see a nice flower in the wilderness, they pick it up without any care for the zone's ecosystem.

Please don't be alchemists.

Alchemizt khajiit iz alchemizt, deal with that :smiley:
    bh7OTTW.jpg
    Edited by altemriel on November 6, 2015 1:52PM
  • Nemesis626
    Nemesis626
    ✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »

apparently there's already names for different potions in the game data that's just not being used.

Well that's just silly!

It really all comes down to the fact that I want to be able to tell, at a glance, which potions are better than the standard drop. Even a fancier or more accurate name would help. Though colour coding would be the khajiit's pajamas.

And nice point, @Drax76 . That would be another way to add more versatility to alchemy.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nemesis626 wrote: »
    Zaldan wrote: »

Well that's just silly!

It really all comes down to the fact that I want to be able to tell, at a glance, which potions are better than the standard drop. Even a fancier or more accurate name would help. Though colour coding would be the khajiit's pajamas.

And nice point, @Drax76 . That would be another way to add more versatility to alchemy.

I agree!! I want that too! I am L50 alchemist and I dont know which potion is 3-potion and which is regular :(, I have to hover the cursor over it to see it
    Edited by altemriel on November 6, 2015 2:13PM
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »

oh man, awesome!!! :)

and could it be possible for the future update to add an icon or color distinction also to the quickslot?
    So that the potion can be easily distincted also there.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I'm not particularly concerned with having my name on my crafted potions or knowing who made them, I do really think potions should be colored according to the number of effects just like the food is. It makes perfect sense.

Thank you SO much @Ayantir for that great add-on, it's definitely going to be one I can never go without from now on. It's easier to distinguish potions I've looted from ones I've made without having to compare the actual numbers in the descriptions, and it's nice to be immediately aware of the fact that while it may only be called a "potion of health" it's going to have more than that one effect if it's colored blue or purple. Very handy indeed. This is one of those 'how is this not part of the base game' things.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on November 8, 2015 6:54AM
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I make all my own and they are all tripots, so not much use for me. ;)

Very useful if you buy potions though.
  • ThoraxtheDark
    ThoraxtheDark
    ✭✭✭
    Columbine - Mountain Flower - Bugloss - Tripot Potion

Also i wish they would add poisons. So many reagents that don't get used..
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I suppose that they would add them into the next DLCs, either Dark Brotherhood (Q1 2016), or Thieves Guild (Q2 2016)
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want new ingredients, how epic would Magicka + Stamina + Immovable be?

Columbine, Mountain Flower and Wormwood for the Unstoppable, Health and Stamina. I forget the Magic one. My fighters use nothing else. I'm not sure why you would want one without Health.
    Edited by poodlemasterb16_ESO on November 14, 2015 7:54PM
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    I have 5 separate brews which I enjoy.

Major Brutality, Major Endurance, & Major Expedition (Speed, Weapon Damage, Stam heal/regen)

Major Brutality, Major Endurance, & Major Savagery (Weapon Crit, Weapon Damage, Stam heal/regen)

Major Intellect, Major Prophecy, & Major Sorcery (Spell Crit, Spell Damage, Magica heal/regen)
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all!

Sorry for necroing this thread but the alchemist in me feels really bad :)

Any news from Zos on the ideas/issues mentioned already over and over?
    Adding new things like it was the case in all other crafting professions (new runes for enchant, gold recipes for provisioning, etc.), I know poison was mentioned but some fear balance problems
    At least being able to differentiate potions like mentioned in the thread (names, quality colours)

I used the Search tool but could not find any info/answer from the dev.

Give alchemy some love!! :smile:
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whoa good idea, never even thought of that

rip decibel
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

I suppose that they would add them into the next DLCs, either Dark Brotherhood (Q1 2016), or Thieves Guild (Q2 2016)

was Thieves Guild not the first one (Q1)?
  • Fenrlr
    Fenrlr
    ✭✭✭
    and where is skooma potion?!
    Lynxa - Nightblade - EU - PC
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, as a Master Alchemist this is something that would be very handy. Now when u go around farming u can end up with 3 different potions called essence of health, mag, stam....and all kind of different variatantions and they all look the same unless you read the numbers back and forth and compare. Will try that addon, thx. But this should be in the basegame.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fenrlr wrote: »
    and where is skooma potion?!

shamanic plants (halucinogens) are not in ESO unfortunatelly. what a pitty :)
    Edited by altemriel on January 10, 2016 11:27AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    someone shoud make a mod on it!!!

@Ayantir
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd also love better pictures for the pots, wpn power pots are yellow i's like tri pots to be red/blue/green or something.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...