The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Sorcerer weapon critical, Race? :O

teladoy
teladoy
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, just wondering which race should I pick for my Sorcerer Stamina and I want to heal with critics. First came to my mind Khajit, but then I was thinking if I need the 8% critic or maybe not because I can cap it in some other way (that I dont know).

If that would be the case, that I can reise my weapon critic in some other way to a high %, then which race comes next?

Orc? Redguard? Imperial? or should I play a Khajit because the critic racial is sweet and stamina, regen, etc I can get it also by sets, etc.

I'm very confused... my personal opinion and the conclusion I get doing maths is Khajit because of the critic chance... and I think it over and over and is very good the critic %.... but my problem is I really hate Khajit, I can not see em, I can not get inside of the skin of a cat really... the *** also is, im already started one, Im lvl 8 but i did the quest of vampire, I mean, I'm vampire already, etc.. start again is like pfffff.

Anyways... help pls.
Edited by teladoy on January 8, 2016 5:05PM
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well You can't crit if you don't have stamina, myself would go for Redguard for sustain.
    Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the Khajiit Carnage passive is bugged and not applying the extra %
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Redguard. You can get your crit to 50+ pretty easy without sacrificing sustain. Anything about 50 mean at least 1 in 2. You need sustain on a Stam sorc more than other stam classes. Speed is what makes you.

You'll do more damage as a redguard so get more healing.

Unless I get CCed or zeroed, I'm hard to kill and kill people fairly quick.
    Options
  • I55UE5
    I55UE5
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial for their passive heals.. In order to cover the 80% of the time your crit surge will be on cool down after the tiny heal It gives.

You will never sustain your health in a moderately difficult situation with crit surge. You likely won't even notice it because your Health regen ticks for just as much, more often.
    Edited by I55UE5 on January 8, 2016 6:56PM
    Options
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok no, i was asking in other post and the cures are not tiny, many agreed with that.

Maybe you don't know what your saying, then pls don't opine because you are giving wrong information.
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »
    Ok no, i was asking in other post and the cures are not tiny, many agreed with that.

Maybe you don't know what your saying, then pls don't opine because you are giving wrong information.

I use a Khajiit for my stamina sorc for the extra crit. I get most of my stamina regen from gear. So I do not run out regen.
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Anything about 50 mean at least 1 in 2.

No, anything about 50% means a 50% chance each time, not that if you don't get it the first 'half' you'll get it the second. They're unrelated events, each one with a 50% chance.

The same way a 90% temper doesn't mean you'll be automatically successful. Just that you have a 90% chance of it. High percentages can still 'fail' a majority of the time because it's not a rate or ratio. It's a chance per event.

Don't play a stam sorç just to be different. Play it because you know exactly what you're getting yourself into and you're all right with that.
    signing off
    Options
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    People have used crit surge/power surge to heal themselves through vMA. It works great, not sure why the hate. The best sourc race is Altamer elf race from yellow/AD faction because of the 10% Magika regen race passive. Second best is. Dark elf from ebonheart pact 6% Magika regen and added fire damage. You don't need the crit bonus from kajitt race. You can get added 12% critic percentage after you have 30 champion points in a certain blue tree. Mage light also will give you an added 12% or so. Law of julianos set is probably the most popular for mage's atm. I am not sure exactly how much it raises your crit rating, maybe 6%. So if you use Mage light and have the champ points and law of julianos, without kajitt, you can get over 60% crit rating.
    Options
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »

I use a Khajiit for my stamina sorc for the extra crit. I get most of my stamina regen from gear. So I do not run out regen.

Dude can you tell me two things, one is the khajit passive buged?

Two crits and surge combines good? Heal is good? What's better weapon damage or critic damage as second stat?
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    People have used crit surge/power surge to heal themselves through vMA. It works great, not sure why the hate. The best sourc race is Altamer elf race from yellow/AD faction because of the 10% Magika regen race passive. Second best is. Dark elf from ebonheart pact 6% Magika regen and added fire damage. You don't need the crit bonus from kajitt race. You can get added 12% critic percentage after you have 30 champion points in a certain blue tree. Mage light also will give you an added 12% or so. Law of julianos set is probably the most popular for mage's atm. I am not sure exactly how much it raises your crit rating, maybe 6%. So if you use Mage light and have the champ points and law of julianos, without kajitt, you can get over 60% crit rating.

You're talking about magicka sorc, OP is talking about stamina sorc.

I would definitly go Khajit because you get 10% stam regen and 8% weapon crit. Good racials for sustain and crit dmg.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options