Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why do 1H weapons still require the full 8 Legendary material to upgrade?

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This has been bothering me for months now.

It takes 16 materials just to upgrade a DW/SnB whereas it only takes 8 for Staves/2H

=/
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is just the way the game works..... Each piece item requires that amount to upgrade... its not like you use more to upgrade helm, chest and legs, its the same per item.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »

It takes 16 materials just to upgrade a DW/SnB whereas it only takes 8 for Staves/2H

=/
    It is because a weapon is one item. So if your upgrading one sword compared to a great sword it is the same but if your using two weapons it count as two items hence why you have to upgrade both weapons. This is also why dual wield and one hand and shield count as two items slots compare to the staves and two handed weapons only count as one. Makes sense.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

=/
    It is because a weapon is one item. So if your upgrading one sword compared to a great sword it is the same but if your using two weapons it count as two items hence why you have to upgrade both weapons. This is also why dual wield and one hand and shield count as two items slots compare to the staves and two handed weapons only count as one. Makes sense.

It doesn't make sense when you consider that a knife requires fewer materials than a greatsword.

It does seem strange that while the game recognizes that making a dagger will require fewer materials than a greatsword, but sharpening it will require the same number of honing stones.

I imagine the answer is simply because it is easier to have a fixed requirement across the board, without having to consider what kind of item it is that you're improving.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

=/

DW also potentially gets an extra set bonus, so I guess it's a trade off.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA