Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Research Buddy Medium Armour PS4 EU

Shardaxx
Shardaxx
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi I'm missing a couple of traits on medium armour and my guildies can't help so wondered if anyone out there could contact me and arrange to craft a few items that I can research from, and vice versa if I have anything they need. From memory I'm missing Training trait on Jack and Helmet. Thanks!

Also, where to find nirnhoned gear to research from? I've done some quests in craglorn and finished wrothgar and am still yet to find a single piece, altho I have found the trait gems used to make it once I get the research.
PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the Guild Stores for Traited Items, you may have some success there. It's where I got all my last 3 traits from.

As for Nirnhorned, there is only one item drop in the game, you get it for completing the main quests for Craglorn. However most people use Guild stores to buy research items for that. Or, you can farm the Nirncrux yourself, and then have a guild mate who knows the trait make you a researchable. Send a tip if you do this, we spent lots of money buying traited items to research.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried some guild vendors but can't find the items I need, typically they tend to sell really good items not training traits, but I'll keep trying. The lack of a global search makes this all rather boring however and so far, no luck with the traits I need, it would be much simpler to get in touch with someone who can help.

Thanks for the info re nirnhoned. Does this mean each player only gets 1 nirnhoned item and have to get the rest from other players to research? Sounds like getting a full set of armour researched is going to take an age.
    Edited by Shardaxx on January 4, 2016 8:25PM
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well after a bit of time traveling around guild traders I found the items I needed! yay :smiley:

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shardaxx wrote: »

Thanks for the info re nirnhoned. Does this mean each player only gets 1 nirnhoned item and have to get the rest from other players to research? Sounds like getting a full set of armour researched is going to take an age.

Pretty much. Being in an active Crafting Guild can help with this. Although being on the console, not exactly sure how you would go about asking your guild mates to make things for you. You can certainly buy the traited items for research, but they are not cheap. The good news is, you only really need one or two pieces of armor with the Nirn Trait. Of course if you want 9 Traits for making the 9 Trait sets, that's different.
    Shardaxx wrote: »
    Well after a bit of time traveling around guild traders I found the items I needed! yay :smiley:

I find if I hit the Rawkla, Elden Root and Daggerfall guild traders I will find what I need from those 15 Kiosks. Usually I only need to hit one of those cities.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"