Maintenance for the week of November 18:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – November 18,  4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – November 20,  6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – November 20,  6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

[Update 2, MSA Staves]Templar Healer/Support build; 1st platform Skoria kill

Meshal
Meshal
✭✭✭
[Start Update 2]
Now that I got both MSA staves, I upgraded all my armor to v16 and improved it to legendary (it's not really necessary as I specified before but this for you to see the max stats it can get with maximum setup).

Best setup I found:
5x Spell cure (as i said, these have to be upgraded to legendary)
2x Torug armor
3x Willpower accessories
1x Malestorm's Restoration Staff
1x Torug Destruction Staff

Here is the video Showing the Stats on the setup and each possible Setup:


Setups shown in the video:

First Setup:
5x Spell cure
2x Torug armor
3x Willpower (Healthy trait with either Reduce cost or magika recovery enchantment)
1x Maelstorm Restoration Staff
1x Maelstorm Destruction Staff

Maximum Stats on Restoration Bar:
10nc7rs.png

Second Setup:
5x Spell cure
2x Torug armor
3x Willpower (Arcane trait with Spell Power enchantment)
1x Maelstorm Restoration Staff
1x Maelstorm Destruction Staff

Maximum Stats on Restoration Bar:
eqzgid.png


Third Setup:
5x Spell cure
1x Torug armor
1x Kena Armor
3x Willpower (Arcane trait with Spell Power enchantment)
1x Maelstorm Restoration Staff
1x Torug Destruction Staff

Maximum Stats on Restoration Bar:
2s1xekh.png

Maximum Stats on Destruction Bar:
2hwe4ao.png


Fourth Setup:
5x Spell cure
1x Torug armor
1x Kena Armor
3x Willpower (Healthy trait with either Reduce cost or magika recovery enchantment)
1x Maelstorm Restoration Staff
1x Torug Destruction Staff

Maximum Stats on Restoration Bar:
21o0uvl.png

Maximum Stats on Destruction Bar:
16bbj2h.png

[End Update 2]


[Start Update 1]
first of all, I would like to thank Dazes, Dragons Rider, and Millaca for their help, I really appreciate it guys :)
I would also like to thank everyone who replied to the thread, especially @Nifty2g for his recommendations. Based on his recommendations, I improved the build a bit to increase my magika "for repentance"and keeping my health at 20k. I still stand by what said though lol, this won't effect the group's performance, it will only effect my sustainablity. either way, thanks a lot @Nifty2g for your recommendations, i really appreciate it.
I added a video, killing Skoria in first platform , and killing firemew in 15s without me doing any dps. I hope this help to prove my point, if not please let me know what you guys think and if there is anything else you want me to test and share the footage.
you will find the video + Screenshot under the Rotation > boss
[End Update 1]


b9alfs.jpg


Introduction:
In the past, it was required for healers to go off dd because in those times dds weren't doing so much damage and healers had to dd. However, it's not required anymore with IC and Orsinium update <in my opinion>.

With this build, you're not required to improve all your sets to legendary (it depends if u can sustain your resources or not) + u can increase each dd's dps between 5k-7k dps. That's at least 10k dps and keeping their resources full; meaning you don't need to do any dps at all with this build. This build is focused on buffing your group to maximize their dps. when u do that, your dds will be very happy with their dps outcome + everything will go so well. so i'll be explaining:
1- all buffs that can be used
2- how to setup your group
3- Positioning
4- the build and its rotation


the only downside to this build, it requires you take control in the group, sometimes people don't like to be told what they should do and it pisses them off, but it has to be done to use this build perfectly. I have been cursed at + calling me names + called noob...etc because i say what they should do, and they take it as if i'm being a ***, which i'm not but I had to say it to improve their outcome + making my job a bit easier. So yea be prepared :neutral: , or just run it with your regular group :disappointed:

Buffs
there are so many buffs in the game, i'm going to explain the buffs that can be used in the group. here is a diagram showing the buffs required in the group:
ou5l5j.png

i made a mistake in the diagram, the nightblade buff from Hemorrhage is Weapon Critical and not Damage


You must keep your buffs and debuffs as a healer active ALL THE TIME


How To Setup Your Group[/i]
A common mistake people do when they setup their group, they have for example a stamina build dps without a dragonknight and a nightblade in the group, or a magika build dps without templar and a sorcerer. So make sure to have:

Dragonknight and Nightblade if you have a stamina build dps in the group to increase his weapon damage and weapon critical.
.
A sorcerer and templar if you have a magika build dps to increase his spell damage and spell critical.

Positioning
The most thing i hate is when i see a dd running around in the area for absolutely no reason, because i have to follow him around to keep him buffed. This is the best positioning for the group when they dd:
2e1brm1.png

Keep dds in front of you all the time, and if they start moving around tell them to stop, otherwise they will lose a couple of buffs.

As a healer, you always follow dds, and the tank is on his own. Dds have to be on your sight all the time, you move with them, and you stop with them. you always position yourself the way they're standing, to keep them in range of your combat prayer(i'll explain the skill later). This is actually the most difficult job to do, because not every dd is the same, and the way you play is not standard, because it's always based on the dds you run with. here are few examples on how to position yourself (i will include the video later):

1
15gtcn6.png

2

ixe9p3.png


3

2afa348.png

To conclude this, the things you focus on while healing :
1- dds position.
2- group's health.
3- you're magika.


the build and its rotation


Race:
Altmer or Breton. I prefer Altmer but it's up to you and your preference.

Attributes:
All 64 points into magicka. I usually take risks and i move a lot (based on dds), which means sometimes i take some damage intentionally. For that reason, i like to keep my health at 20k, but this comes to you and how you play.

Champion point distribution:
i distributed my champion points as dd and as healer, because sometimes i switch to full dd. (483 points):


The Apprentice
– Elfborn 60
– Elemental expert 0
– Spell erosion 1

The Ritual
– Thaumaturge 100

if you only play your templar as healer then put 100 in Elfborn and the rest in Blessed

The Steed
– Block expertise 10
– Spell shield 20

The Lady
– Hardy 27
– Elemental defender 27
– Thick skinned 26

The Lord
-Bastion 52

The Tower
– Magician 100

The Lover
– Arcanist 61

In the red tree, you basically do whatever you feel is good.


Mundus Stone:
I use Thief stone, because you wanna have more critical chance when healing (around 15k crit heal)

Gear setups:
5x Spell power cure (has to be improved to legendary), preferably all with divine.
1x kena head, preferably with divines trait.
1x Torug's Pact with divines trait.
2x sharpened staves, one Destruction staff and the other is restoration staff.
3x willpower accessories.


Skills setup:
1st bar:
2i2aoee.png

Breath of Life, Combat Prayer, Mystic Orb, Rapid Regeneration, inner light. and ultimate is Aggressive Warhorn

2nd bar:
mv46so.jpg

Purifying Light, Elemental Drain, Blazing Spear, Repentance, inner light. and ultimate is Remembrance (only use this ult in OH *** moments)

here is a video showing all the sets, skills, and stats:


if you notice, i'm running robust willpower, 1 v14 armor, and didn't improve everything to legendary. Because those things don't affect the group whatsoever. You only need to improve the spell cure set, everything else is on you and how you can manage your resources. now of'course Arcane willpower is better, but I just don't want to switch rings between characters everytime I want heal, so i just run robust because im lazy ^_^ .

Rotation:
In all situations, keep Rapid Regeneration active ALL THE TIME for the spell cure buff and keep doing heavy attacks to restore your magika.

Mobs:
Start on your destruction staff, apply Elemental Drain and Purifying light for the debuff and spell damage buff on the most dangerous mob. Then switch back to your restoration staff, apply combat prayer on dds then orbs to restore their magika. if noone is taking damage, go back to your destruction staff and apply elemental drain on all mobs and stun the most dangerous mob with Blazing Spear. Also, use repentance whenever you can because it restores magika too. (Make sure to have enough ultimate before you reach any boss). here is an example "and notice how I position myself before using combat prayer, that's why dds should never move, otherwise you'd have to keep running around with them to keep them buffed and you will waste all your resources":



Boss:
Start with aggressive horn, then switch to your destruction staff, apply Elemental Drain and Purifying light for the debuff-and-magika and spell damage buff . Then switch back to your restoration staff, apply combat prayer on dds then orbs to restore their magika. then make sure to keep all buffs active and resources full for dds and tank by using orbs and blazing spear. Most bosses in the game don't require movement, but if there is a boss that require movement like 2nd boss in vWGT or last boss inv ICP, then you always keep your eyes on dds and see where they're going. Here is an example of both situations:


This is what i use for the 3rd boss in Vwgt:


[Start Update 1]
Skoria's dps Screenshot:
50p40n.png

Video of the test:


15s firemew:

[End Update 1]
Mistakes <in my opinion> that i saw healers do:
1- they never support their dds with resources; if you want a dd to do max dps, he will sacrifice everything to increase his dps, and for that reason you have to keep his resources full. otherwise he wont be able to do any dps.
2- keep standing in one place and wait for the group to lose health then heal them; healers has to anticipate the incoming damage, and be prepared to heal as soon as that happens(i usually just spam healing if i anticipate any danger is coming even before it happens).
3-healers using Channeled Focus or any other abilities, or sets, that restore resources; if you cannot sustain your resources, then there is something wrong with what your doing.
4- group members don't use synergy; that's the most annoying thing ever, problem with the orbs it costs a lot to cast, and if they don't use the synergy, you lose most of your resources, so keep telling them to use synergy.
5- they use channel abilities; i personally don't like to use any channel ability in case of something happens and i'm casting it.


This is the complete build, I hope you guys like it, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Meshal.
Edited by Meshal on January 20, 2016 9:54AM
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mention many important things, like positioning and applying buffs / debuffs, but I can't agree with this sentence:
    Meshal wrote: »
    In the past, it was required for healers to go off dd because in those times dds weren't doing so much damage and healers had to dd. However, it's not required anymore with IC and Orsinium update <in my opinion>.
    At the moment you rarely need to actually heal people, so you should always have some dps skills to use in between applying your buffs / debuffs. Otherwise you just waste time, when everyone is at full health, fully buffed and you don't know what to do with your magicka.
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    You mention many important things, like positioning and applying buffs / debuffs, but I can't agree with this sentence:
    Meshal wrote: »
    In the past, it was required for healers to go off dd because in those times dds weren't doing so much damage and healers had to dd. However, it's not required anymore with IC and Orsinium update <in my opinion>.
    At the moment you rarely need to actually heal people, so you should always have some dps skills to use in between applying your buffs / debuffs. Otherwise you just waste time, when everyone is at full health, fully buffed and you don't know what to do with your magicka.

    I disagree, I guess it's just mostly how we view things and matter of opinions. :smile:
    the way i see it, when you start to use any damage abilities, you lose focus on the position of dds, and then you start losing buffs on them. and if your dd have problems sustaining their magika or stamina, then the whole group's dps starts to degrade. Above all that, it's very rare to get above 10k dps when you do damage. So, in my opinion it's not worth it.
    Edited by Meshal on January 4, 2016 1:02AM
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    I like the guide. My only comment is this is all endgame build/healer. Molag Kena, Spell Power Cure set etc are all endgame or hard to get sets and I guess you intend to run with all V16 types- otherwise in PuGs I doubt you will have enough DPS output if you are just throwing buffs/healing.
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    puffy99 wrote: »
    I like the guide. My only comment is this is all endgame build/healer. Molag Kena, Spell Power Cure set etc are all endgame or hard to get sets and I guess you intend to run with all V16 types- otherwise in PuGs I doubt you will have enough DPS output if you are just throwing buffs/healing.

    you don't really need kena, you can use torug pact head this way you will get more health. it's just kena is good for more spell damage.

    the most important thing in the build is Spell cure, everything else u can do whatever you want. the build i use is the best setup i found.
    Edited by Meshal on January 4, 2016 10:01PM
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    i made a mistake in the diagram, the nightblade buff from Hemorrhage is Weapon Critical and not Damage
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is basically an End Game healing build for dungeons, no trials are mentioned in here it's mostly White Gold Tower, so there are a few things I'm curious on just some constructive criticism you should try

    Spell Power Cure is nice, but for 4 man grouping I don't think it is needed; it's more of a Trial thing to get the most of it, you're better off using Kagrenac's Hope.

    You mention that you no longer add any support DPS, I disagree with this, it was like that at the start as people didn't know mechanics but they are widely known by now you know when to heal and how to heal. Your build is very burst healing you don't run Healing Springs (which is a good thing), so spamming Breath of Life is very overkill and not needed since you position yourself in the back you wont be taking damage so you are overhealing the 3 other guys when they don't need it.

    You're running 3x Magicka Recovery, I don't think that is needed, try 1x Spell Damage and 2x Recovery so you can make your heals hit a bit harder

    35,000 Magicka is exetremly low for PvE healing, meaning your repentance won't be giving back much Stamina and wont be healing much same with your Breath of Life. You really don't need Health enchants on your gear trust me on that one, if you're standing in the back nothing will be hitting you apart from environmental mechanics but that's on your to survive those (Molag Kena fight)

    Remembrance is very weak, try putting Barrier on your front bar for the Magicka Regen and then Warhorn or Nova on your off bar, depending how much spell damage you are running is if it's worth it to use a Warhorn or Nova. For this type of play style I'd say run the Warhorn.

    You don't show your Weapon Traits but put Nirnhoned on your DPS and Precise on your Restoration Staves for higher crit.

    And lastly, don't put points into blessed, with the amount of Spell Critical you have putting points into Blessed is highly overkill. Your non crits will hit hard enough if you up your max magicka and spell damage you won't need to put 100 into Blessed, you should put them all into Thaumaturge so you can hit harder when you need to DPS.

    Honestly my biggest point with this build would be if you are not adding any support DPS in the group, Spell Power Cure seems kind've pointless to me.

    P.S. Work on adding DPS into the group when you can, it's a very tricky and fun thing to do and adds a challenge in timing things, I have been around since the start when Templars started to add DPS into their groups I can give you a bunch of tips on how to do that, I know many don't do it as it's not their playstyle but it's my whole gameplay style so just send me a private message and I'll give you some videos and how to do it.
    I might also write a separate guide on my playstyle
    Edited by Nifty2g on January 5, 2016 7:27AM
    #MOREORBS
  • eldermpsmithrwb17_ESO
    Agreed Nifty, the end result is to put the bosses down, I can prevent a tonne of healing by using radiant destruction, and in good 4 man groups you don't need to heal as much so doing damage makes run s quicker.

    Overall good post though, I also use my Templar for DD as well so I run with 3k spell damage and get by with little sustain but have the stronger heals. Not ideal set up but works for me and makes 4 man stuff quicker.
    Selcouth Nexus V16 Templar Magika Healer/Dps
    Mrs Schadenfreude V16 Magika Sorc Dps/off heals
    Malevolent Lust v16 DK Stam Dps/tank
    Mephala's Rage v16 NB Magika Dps
    Lara Nipplestorm v16 DK Magika DPS
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    This is basically an End Game healing build for dungeons, no trials are mentioned in here it's mostly White Gold Tower, so there are a few things I'm curious on just some constructive criticism you should try

    Spell Power Cure is nice, but for 4 man grouping I don't think it is needed; it's more of a Trial thing to get the most of it, you're better off using Kagrenac's Hope.

    You mention that you no longer add any support DPS, I disagree with this, it was like that at the start as people didn't know mechanics but they are widely known by now you know when to heal and how to heal. Your build is very burst healing you don't run Healing Springs (which is a good thing), so spamming Breath of Life is very overkill and not needed since you position yourself in the back you wont be taking damage so you are overhealing the 3 other guys when they don't need it.

    You're running 3x Magicka Recovery, I don't think that is needed, try 1x Spell Damage and 2x Recovery so you can make your heals hit a bit harder

    35,000 Magicka is exetremly low for PvE healing, meaning your repentance won't be giving back much Stamina and wont be healing much same with your Breath of Life. You really don't need Health enchants on your gear trust me on that one, if you're standing in the back nothing will be hitting you apart from environmental mechanics but that's on your to survive those (Molag Kena fight)

    Remembrance is very weak, try putting Barrier on your front bar for the Magicka Regen and then Warhorn or Nova on your off bar, depending how much spell damage you are running is if it's worth it to use a Warhorn or Nova. For this type of play style I'd say run the Warhorn.

    You don't show your Weapon Traits but put Nirnhoned on your DPS and Precise on your Restoration Staves for higher crit.

    And lastly, don't put points into blessed, with the amount of Spell Critical you have putting points into Blessed is highly overkill. Your non crits will hit hard enough if you up your max magicka and spell damage you won't need to put 100 into Blessed, you should put them all into Thaumaturge so you can hit harder when you need to DPS.

    Honestly my biggest point with this build would be if you are not adding any support DPS in the group, Spell Power Cure seems kind've pointless to me.

    P.S. Work on adding DPS into the group when you can, it's a very tricky and fun thing to do and adds a challenge in timing things, I have been around since the start when Templars started to add DPS into their groups I can give you a bunch of tips on how to do that, I know many don't do it as it's not their playstyle but it's my whole gameplay style so just send me a private message and I'll give you some videos and how to do it.
    I might also write a separate guide on my playstyle

    Great post, I'll try to cover everything and say my opinion in it:

    Spell Power Cure is nice, but for 4 man grouping I don't think it is needed; it's more of a Trial thing to get the most of it, you're better off using Kagrenac's Hope.
    If I run Kagrenac I'd have to go full dps/off heal with the build, and i think it will make the same result at the end. I also have the set too improved to legendary and i tested it out; with spell cure the end results were better.

    You mention that you no longer add any support DPS, I disagree with this, it was like that at the start as people didn't know mechanics but they are widely known by now you know when to heal and how to heal. Your build is very burst healing you don't run Healing Springs (which is a good thing), so spamming Breath of Life is very overkill and not needed since you position yourself in the back you wont be taking damage so you are overhealing the 3 other guys when they don't need it.
    True, in the past I used to go full dps/off healing with Martial Knowledge set. I always run Spell cure set now, don't you agree it's not worth to do dps if it's less than 10k?


    You're running 3x Magicka Recovery, I don't think that is needed, try 1x Spell Damage and 2x Recovery so you can make your heals hit a bit harder
    The way I way i usually setup my build; is to have at least 15k crit healing, as i believe more healing tick is not needed, and this build achieves that <so no need for more spell damage>, but i don't know if you agree with this or not, I'd like to know what you think of it.

    Remembrance is very weak, try putting Barrier on your front bar for the Magicka Regen and then Warhorn or Nova on your off bar, depending how much spell damage you are running is if it's worth it to use a Warhorn or Nova. For this type of play style I'd say run the Warhorn.
    That's true, and I actually never/rarely use it, It's just there when things go really bad i use it. Problem with Barrier is that it costs a lot, and I'd rather use low cost burst heal for moments when things go really bad. I sometimes equip Ice comet in my main bar and equip warhorn on my secondary to have more magika, but I didn't include that in this build post.



    You don't show your Weapon Traits but put Nirnhoned on your DPS and Precise on your Restoration Staves for higher crit
    both are Sharpened, why Precise? I thought Precise is always bad on staves, that's why I always go for nirn/sharpened traits <I didn't test it though>.


    And lastly, don't put points into blessed, with the amount of Spell Critical you have putting points into Blessed is highly overkill. Your non crits will hit hard enough if you up your max magicka and spell damage you won't need to put 100 into Blessed, you should put them all into Thaumaturge so you can hit harder when you need to DPS.
    I never said put 100 in Blessed :smiley: , and my CP setup is actually for dps when I switch to full dps and it works well with it. I was just saying if the person is going for full healing, then Blessed is an option.


    Honestly my biggest point with this build would be if you are not adding any support DPS in the group, Spell Power Cure seems kind've pointless to me.

    P.S. Work on adding DPS into the group when you can, it's a very tricky and fun thing to do and adds a challenge in timing things, I have been around since the start when Templars started to add DPS into their groups I can give you a bunch of tips on how to do that, I know many don't do it as it's not their playstyle but it's my whole gameplay style so just send me a private message and I'll give you some videos and how to do it.
    I might also write a separate guide on my playstyle

    I totally know where you're coming from, I just don't believe doing any dps and focusing on buffing/support for the group is way better than doing a dps less than 10k in the end result. now that being said, I only included vWGT run in the post, I'll record more dungeons with the same build to prove my point, and hopefully you will be convinced :blush:

    Thanks a lot for your reply...
    Edited by Meshal on January 5, 2016 9:44AM
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed Nifty, the end result is to put the bosses down, I can prevent a tonne of healing by using radiant destruction, and in good 4 man groups you don't need to heal as much so doing damage makes run s quicker.

    Overall good post though, I also use my Templar for DD as well so I run with 3k spell damage and get by with little sustain but have the stronger heals. Not ideal set up but works for me and makes 4 man stuff quicker.

    I'll record more videos to prove my point :) , thanks for the reply.
    Edited by Meshal on January 5, 2016 9:49AM
  • Trutalek
    Nifty2g wrote: »

    P.S. Work on adding DPS into the group when you can, it's a very tricky and fun thing to do and adds a challenge in timing things, I have been around since the start when Templars started to add DPS into their groups I can give you a bunch of tips on how to do that, I know many don't do it as it's not their playstyle but it's my whole gameplay style so just send me a private message and I'll give you some videos and how to do it.
    I might also write a separate guide on my playstyle

    share your experience with us will be very useful friend!!!
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this thread and yes please @Nifty2g :-D

    I run 5x kag or else 5x SPC depending and I run much more like Nifty (1x Kena, 3x Willpower with just one Regen, but I just recently changed the last one for Spell Damage, 2x Torugs for PVE) than like the OP does, but I still really liked the OP's guide.

    Nice!
    Edited by Islyn on January 5, 2016 10:45AM
    Casualty

    THIS IS WHY ELE DRAIN AND ORBS ARE IMPORTANT IF YOU'RE A HEALER see reply below from DK who cleared Sanctum Hard Mode with 5 Player Group
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/241875/5-man-so-hm-hf
    Islyn wrote: »
    That whips DK though - love the mana Not Being Empty!

    I would LOVE some tips! I tend to burn through my mana TOO FAST (I use same rotation etc) and I am not sure what I am doing wrong?

    Any advice from that DK would be SO appreciated!
    YoloWizard wrote: »
    Well, I don't probably do anything different than you its all about the healer you run with. @Kathrein was applying elemental drain and throwing mystic orbs from time to time to synergies. Other than that I would be at 0 magicka all the time
    ZOS?
    Member of the Old Guard - Closed Betas 2013
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    You mention many important things, like positioning and applying buffs / debuffs, but I can't agree with this sentence:
    Meshal wrote: »
    In the past, it was required for healers to go off dd because in those times dds weren't doing so much damage and healers had to dd. However, it's not required anymore with IC and Orsinium update <in my opinion>.
    At the moment you rarely need to actually heal people, so you should always have some dps skills to use in between applying your buffs / debuffs. Otherwise you just waste time, when everyone is at full health, fully buffed and you don't know what to do with your magicka.
    Agreed Nifty, the end result is to put the bosses down, I can prevent a tonne of healing by using radiant destruction, and in good 4 man groups you don't need to heal as much so doing damage makes run s quicker.

    Overall good post though, I also use my Templar for DD as well so I run with 3k spell damage and get by with little sustain but have the stronger heals. Not ideal set up but works for me and makes 4 man stuff quicker.
    Nifty2g wrote: »

    P.S. Work on adding DPS into the group when you can, it's a very tricky and fun thing to do and adds a challenge in timing things, I have been around since the start when Templars started to add DPS into their groups I can give you a bunch of tips on how to do that, I know many don't do it as it's not their playstyle but it's my whole gameplay style so just send me a private message and I'll give you some videos and how to do it.
    I might also write a separate guide on my playstyle

    share your experience with us will be very useful friend!!!
    Islyn wrote: »
    I love this thread and yes please @Nifty2g :-D

    I run 5x kag or else 5x SPC depending and I run much more like Nifty (1x Kena, 3x Willpower with just one Regen, but I just recently changed the last one for Spell Damage, 2x Torugs for PVE) than like the OP does, but I still really liked the OP's guide.

    Nice!

    I updated the post with new video, so please you guys and @Nifty2g let me know what are your thoughts and if you guys need more tests please specify. thanks.
    Edited by Meshal on January 5, 2016 5:51PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of what you are trying to do here. However, I feel as if this guide was written December 2014 with the emphasis on support and the neglect of "healer" DPS. It is true back then that was what most healers concentrated on, but the game has fundamentally changed since that point where less healing is necessary to keep a group alive and you are potentially costing your group a lot of DPS by not even trying to contribute.

    I'm not so sure I buy the argument that you are increasing a DD's damage by 5K-7K. If I am a NB, your combat prayer isn't buffing my damage. If I am a templar, I'm not getting resource return from elemental drain. If the tank is using Puncture, your major breech isn't stacking. Because a lot of these buffs are so common, there is a lot of potential inefficiency for support type builds. I found it much easier for myself to directly contribute DPS and with Jesus Beam, you can pull 10K easy. I personally would rather ESO get back to the point where I actually did more healing than damage, but as of right now people do not need a lot of healing or support so DPS is the most efficient use of my magicka pool.

    You want precise on your resto staff because presumably that is when you are healing and sharpened is netting you nothing.

    If we actually do get a new trial in the next update, I am guessing the 1200 regen you are running will probably have to be higher. As it is I see you heavy attack often enough in the videos here that it is noticeable. Since the release of 1.6, I think heavy attacking is best left to those stamina PvP gank builds that can quickly dispatch an enemy player in specific situations.

    I really do like the idea and theme behind this build, but I do not think the current game mechanics make it the most efficient.
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of what you are trying to do here. However, I feel as if this guide was written December 2014 with the emphasis on support and the neglect of "healer" DPS. It is true back then that was what most healers concentrated on, but the game has fundamentally changed since that point where less healing is necessary to keep a group alive and you are potentially costing your group a lot of DPS by not even trying to contribute.

    I'm not so sure I buy the argument that you are increasing a DD's damage by 5K-7K. If I am a NB, your combat prayer isn't buffing my damage. If I am a templar, I'm not getting resource return from elemental drain. If the tank is using Puncture, your major breech isn't stacking. Because a lot of these buffs are so common, there is a lot of potential inefficiency for support type builds. I found it much easier for myself to directly contribute DPS and with Jesus Beam, you can pull 10K easy. I personally would rather ESO get back to the point where I actually did more healing than damage, but as of right now people do not need a lot of healing or support so DPS is the most efficient use of my magicka pool.

    You want precise on your resto staff because presumably that is when you are healing and sharpened is netting you nothing.

    If we actually do get a new trial in the next update, I am guessing the 1200 regen you are running will probably have to be higher. As it is I see you heavy attack often enough in the videos here that it is noticeable. Since the release of 1.6, I think heavy attacking is best left to those stamina PvP gank builds that can quickly dispatch an enemy player in specific situations.

    I really do like the idea and theme behind this build, but I do not think the current game mechanics make it the most efficient.

    I honestly won't speak much about trials, because I rarely heal trials and go as dd instead. So I don't really like to say something I'm not confident in, but I think it will work in trials as well. Although, I didn't test out + don't want to say anything when I'm not confident 100% . So i would say this build is for for dungeons.

    now that being said, I don't know if you saw skoria's video before you posted this; if not i'd really appreciate it if you do.

    I'll try to reply to all your concerns:
    I feel as if this guide was written December 2014 with the emphasis on support and the neglect of "healer" DPS. It is true back then that was what most healers concentrated on, but the game has fundamentally changed since that point where less healing is necessary to keep a group alive and you are potentially costing your group a lot of DPS by not even trying to contribute.
    lol no it's not, just give it a try trust me it's the best. your contribution with buffs and keeping them, it is as if you were doing dps.

    I'm not so sure I buy the argument that you are increasing a DD's damage by 5K-7K. If I am a NB, your combat prayer isn't buffing my damage. If I am a templar, I'm not getting resource return from elemental drain. If the tank is using Puncture, your major breech isn't stacking. Because a lot of these buffs are so common, there is a lot of potential inefficiency for support type builds. I found it much easier for myself to directly contribute DPS and with Jesus Beam, you can pull 10K easy. I personally would rather ESO get back to the point where I actually did more healing than damage, but as of right now people do not need a lot of healing or support so DPS is the most efficient use of my magicka pool.
    with this, i dont think you saw Skoria's video, please check it out and let me know you're thoughts, I'd really appreciate it :)

    You want precise on your resto staff because presumably that is when you are healing and sharpened is netting you nothing.
    Oh okay, i actually never knew about that. i always go with sharpened >.< and never tested precise, thanks for the info. it actually won't affect the build whatsoever, but it's good to know for future build :D


    thanks again for you reply :)
    Edited by Meshal on January 5, 2016 7:09PM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meshal wrote: »
    You mention many important things, like positioning and applying buffs / debuffs, but I can't agree with this sentence:
    Meshal wrote: »
    In the past, it was required for healers to go off dd because in those times dds weren't doing so much damage and healers had to dd. However, it's not required anymore with IC and Orsinium update <in my opinion>.
    At the moment you rarely need to actually heal people, so you should always have some dps skills to use in between applying your buffs / debuffs. Otherwise you just waste time, when everyone is at full health, fully buffed and you don't know what to do with your magicka.
    Agreed Nifty, the end result is to put the bosses down, I can prevent a tonne of healing by using radiant destruction, and in good 4 man groups you don't need to heal as much so doing damage makes run s quicker.

    Overall good post though, I also use my Templar for DD as well so I run with 3k spell damage and get by with little sustain but have the stronger heals. Not ideal set up but works for me and makes 4 man stuff quicker.
    Nifty2g wrote: »

    P.S. Work on adding DPS into the group when you can, it's a very tricky and fun thing to do and adds a challenge in timing things, I have been around since the start when Templars started to add DPS into their groups I can give you a bunch of tips on how to do that, I know many don't do it as it's not their playstyle but it's my whole gameplay style so just send me a private message and I'll give you some videos and how to do it.
    I might also write a separate guide on my playstyle

    share your experience with us will be very useful friend!!!
    Islyn wrote: »
    I love this thread and yes please @Nifty2g :-D

    I run 5x kag or else 5x SPC depending and I run much more like Nifty (1x Kena, 3x Willpower with just one Regen, but I just recently changed the last one for Spell Damage, 2x Torugs for PVE) than like the OP does, but I still really liked the OP's guide.

    Nice!

    I updated the post with new video, so please you guys and @Nifty2g let me know what are your thoughts and if you guys need more tests please specify. thanks.
    I'll just say right now, you're going to be ready for the new trial, majority of other people will not I focus primarily on maxing out my DPS, by all means this is an end game mindset to maximize damage - not all players are needed to do this. Personally I do not run elemental drain at all as it would just significantly lower my DPS, I ask the person needing it to run it. I would run Siphon Spirit though as that would benefit everyone's sustain even my own and not force me to run a destruction staff, but honestly I run with a lot of the top players so they normally look after themselves, try that skill out if you can instead of elemental drain. Also please note that Pierce Armor also applies Major Breach

    My only advice if you are looking for it would be to try using dual swords and getting in melee range for some extra dps, that's totally up to you, for a complete healer build/support build this is pretty great. I suggested to run barrier because of the passives in Alliance War Support - Increases Magicka Regen by 10% for each ability slotted.

    I'd like to see how this goes in trials though, seems like a good build for it
    #MOREORBS
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Meshal wrote: »
    You mention many important things, like positioning and applying buffs / debuffs, but I can't agree with this sentence:
    Meshal wrote: »
    In the past, it was required for healers to go off dd because in those times dds weren't doing so much damage and healers had to dd. However, it's not required anymore with IC and Orsinium update <in my opinion>.
    At the moment you rarely need to actually heal people, so you should always have some dps skills to use in between applying your buffs / debuffs. Otherwise you just waste time, when everyone is at full health, fully buffed and you don't know what to do with your magicka.
    Agreed Nifty, the end result is to put the bosses down, I can prevent a tonne of healing by using radiant destruction, and in good 4 man groups you don't need to heal as much so doing damage makes run s quicker.

    Overall good post though, I also use my Templar for DD as well so I run with 3k spell damage and get by with little sustain but have the stronger heals. Not ideal set up but works for me and makes 4 man stuff quicker.
    Nifty2g wrote: »

    P.S. Work on adding DPS into the group when you can, it's a very tricky and fun thing to do and adds a challenge in timing things, I have been around since the start when Templars started to add DPS into their groups I can give you a bunch of tips on how to do that, I know many don't do it as it's not their playstyle but it's my whole gameplay style so just send me a private message and I'll give you some videos and how to do it.
    I might also write a separate guide on my playstyle

    share your experience with us will be very useful friend!!!
    Islyn wrote: »
    I love this thread and yes please @Nifty2g :-D

    I run 5x kag or else 5x SPC depending and I run much more like Nifty (1x Kena, 3x Willpower with just one Regen, but I just recently changed the last one for Spell Damage, 2x Torugs for PVE) than like the OP does, but I still really liked the OP's guide.

    Nice!

    I updated the post with new video, so please you guys and @Nifty2g let me know what are your thoughts and if you guys need more tests please specify. thanks.
    I'll just say right now, you're going to be ready for the new trial, majority of other people will not I focus primarily on maxing out my DPS, by all means this is an end game mindset to maximize damage - not all players are needed to do this. Personally I do not run elemental drain at all as it would just significantly lower my DPS, I ask the person needing it to run it. I would run Siphon Spirit though as that would benefit everyone's sustain even my own and not force me to run a destruction staff, but honestly I run with a lot of the top players so they normally look after themselves, try that skill out if you can instead of elemental drain. Also please note that Pierce Armor also applies Major Breach

    My only advice if you are looking for it would be to try using dual swords and getting in melee range for some extra dps, that's totally up to you, for a complete healer build/support build this is pretty great. I suggested to run barrier because of the passives in Alliance War Support - Increases Magicka Regen by 10% for each ability slotted.

    I'd like to see how this goes in trials though, seems like a good build for it

    Yea but the question is: why do you want to do dps when you can buff instead and the results will be better? :/ That's what i don't get ^_^ . Also, leave trials aside please because I'm in no position to speak about trials as a healer.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meshal wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Meshal wrote: »
    You mention many important things, like positioning and applying buffs / debuffs, but I can't agree with this sentence:
    Meshal wrote: »
    In the past, it was required for healers to go off dd because in those times dds weren't doing so much damage and healers had to dd. However, it's not required anymore with IC and Orsinium update <in my opinion>.
    At the moment you rarely need to actually heal people, so you should always have some dps skills to use in between applying your buffs / debuffs. Otherwise you just waste time, when everyone is at full health, fully buffed and you don't know what to do with your magicka.
    Agreed Nifty, the end result is to put the bosses down, I can prevent a tonne of healing by using radiant destruction, and in good 4 man groups you don't need to heal as much so doing damage makes run s quicker.

    Overall good post though, I also use my Templar for DD as well so I run with 3k spell damage and get by with little sustain but have the stronger heals. Not ideal set up but works for me and makes 4 man stuff quicker.
    Nifty2g wrote: »

    P.S. Work on adding DPS into the group when you can, it's a very tricky and fun thing to do and adds a challenge in timing things, I have been around since the start when Templars started to add DPS into their groups I can give you a bunch of tips on how to do that, I know many don't do it as it's not their playstyle but it's my whole gameplay style so just send me a private message and I'll give you some videos and how to do it.
    I might also write a separate guide on my playstyle

    share your experience with us will be very useful friend!!!
    Islyn wrote: »
    I love this thread and yes please @Nifty2g :-D

    I run 5x kag or else 5x SPC depending and I run much more like Nifty (1x Kena, 3x Willpower with just one Regen, but I just recently changed the last one for Spell Damage, 2x Torugs for PVE) than like the OP does, but I still really liked the OP's guide.

    Nice!

    I updated the post with new video, so please you guys and @Nifty2g let me know what are your thoughts and if you guys need more tests please specify. thanks.
    I'll just say right now, you're going to be ready for the new trial, majority of other people will not I focus primarily on maxing out my DPS, by all means this is an end game mindset to maximize damage - not all players are needed to do this. Personally I do not run elemental drain at all as it would just significantly lower my DPS, I ask the person needing it to run it. I would run Siphon Spirit though as that would benefit everyone's sustain even my own and not force me to run a destruction staff, but honestly I run with a lot of the top players so they normally look after themselves, try that skill out if you can instead of elemental drain. Also please note that Pierce Armor also applies Major Breach

    My only advice if you are looking for it would be to try using dual swords and getting in melee range for some extra dps, that's totally up to you, for a complete healer build/support build this is pretty great. I suggested to run barrier because of the passives in Alliance War Support - Increases Magicka Regen by 10% for each ability slotted.

    I'd like to see how this goes in trials though, seems like a good build for it

    Yea but the question is: why do you want to do dps when you can buff instead and the results will be better? :/ That's what i don't get ^_^ . Also, leave trials aside please because I'm in no position to speak about trials as a healer.
    The only videos of me are stuff not from my POV but I'll post them since I post my DPS in them




    Typically when you add DPS, you also buff the group. But you rely on much more burst healing play style.

    A tip when doing this though and using Spell Power Cure, drop Extended Ritual for procs.

    I'll record a video later on of how I exactly what I mean of everything and I'll run your build for it
    Edited by Nifty2g on January 5, 2016 6:22PM
    #MOREORBS
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Meshal wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Meshal wrote: »
    You mention many important things, like positioning and applying buffs / debuffs, but I can't agree with this sentence:
    Meshal wrote: »
    In the past, it was required for healers to go off dd because in those times dds weren't doing so much damage and healers had to dd. However, it's not required anymore with IC and Orsinium update <in my opinion>.
    At the moment you rarely need to actually heal people, so you should always have some dps skills to use in between applying your buffs / debuffs. Otherwise you just waste time, when everyone is at full health, fully buffed and you don't know what to do with your magicka.
    Agreed Nifty, the end result is to put the bosses down, I can prevent a tonne of healing by using radiant destruction, and in good 4 man groups you don't need to heal as much so doing damage makes run s quicker.

    Overall good post though, I also use my Templar for DD as well so I run with 3k spell damage and get by with little sustain but have the stronger heals. Not ideal set up but works for me and makes 4 man stuff quicker.
    Nifty2g wrote: »

    P.S. Work on adding DPS into the group when you can, it's a very tricky and fun thing to do and adds a challenge in timing things, I have been around since the start when Templars started to add DPS into their groups I can give you a bunch of tips on how to do that, I know many don't do it as it's not their playstyle but it's my whole gameplay style so just send me a private message and I'll give you some videos and how to do it.
    I might also write a separate guide on my playstyle

    share your experience with us will be very useful friend!!!
    Islyn wrote: »
    I love this thread and yes please @Nifty2g :-D

    I run 5x kag or else 5x SPC depending and I run much more like Nifty (1x Kena, 3x Willpower with just one Regen, but I just recently changed the last one for Spell Damage, 2x Torugs for PVE) than like the OP does, but I still really liked the OP's guide.

    Nice!

    I updated the post with new video, so please you guys and @Nifty2g let me know what are your thoughts and if you guys need more tests please specify. thanks.
    I'll just say right now, you're going to be ready for the new trial, majority of other people will not I focus primarily on maxing out my DPS, by all means this is an end game mindset to maximize damage - not all players are needed to do this. Personally I do not run elemental drain at all as it would just significantly lower my DPS, I ask the person needing it to run it. I would run Siphon Spirit though as that would benefit everyone's sustain even my own and not force me to run a destruction staff, but honestly I run with a lot of the top players so they normally look after themselves, try that skill out if you can instead of elemental drain. Also please note that Pierce Armor also applies Major Breach

    My only advice if you are looking for it would be to try using dual swords and getting in melee range for some extra dps, that's totally up to you, for a complete healer build/support build this is pretty great. I suggested to run barrier because of the passives in Alliance War Support - Increases Magicka Regen by 10% for each ability slotted.

    I'd like to see how this goes in trials though, seems like a good build for it

    Yea but the question is: why do you want to do dps when you can buff instead and the results will be better? :/ That's what i don't get ^_^ . Also, leave trials aside please because I'm in no position to speak about trials as a healer.
    The only videos of me are stuff not from my POV but I'll post them since I post my DPS in them




    Typically when you add DPS, you also buff the group. But you rely on much more burst healing play style.

    A tip when doing this though and using Spell Power Cure, drop Extended Ritual for procs.

    I'll record a video later on of how I exactly what I mean of everything and I'll run your build for it

    Ok nice, now we're going somehwere! In the same run on mew, this was the time to kill (it will be added to main post too):



    your video was 16s i think, in the video where i only buff it was 15s. So again, why do i need to dps when i can have better results when buffing? ^_^

    Anyhow, this is my build, and I'm pretty confident it works well in any dungeons without doing Any dps. I don't really want to make this a discussion thread to be honest, because it's supposed to be a build post lol. but I really really hope i made my point and at least i gave you some ideas :)
    Edited by Meshal on January 5, 2016 6:40PM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meshal wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Meshal wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Meshal wrote: »
    You mention many important things, like positioning and applying buffs / debuffs, but I can't agree with this sentence:
    Meshal wrote: »
    In the past, it was required for healers to go off dd because in those times dds weren't doing so much damage and healers had to dd. However, it's not required anymore with IC and Orsinium update <in my opinion>.
    At the moment you rarely need to actually heal people, so you should always have some dps skills to use in between applying your buffs / debuffs. Otherwise you just waste time, when everyone is at full health, fully buffed and you don't know what to do with your magicka.
    Agreed Nifty, the end result is to put the bosses down, I can prevent a tonne of healing by using radiant destruction, and in good 4 man groups you don't need to heal as much so doing damage makes run s quicker.

    Overall good post though, I also use my Templar for DD as well so I run with 3k spell damage and get by with little sustain but have the stronger heals. Not ideal set up but works for me and makes 4 man stuff quicker.
    Nifty2g wrote: »

    P.S. Work on adding DPS into the group when you can, it's a very tricky and fun thing to do and adds a challenge in timing things, I have been around since the start when Templars started to add DPS into their groups I can give you a bunch of tips on how to do that, I know many don't do it as it's not their playstyle but it's my whole gameplay style so just send me a private message and I'll give you some videos and how to do it.
    I might also write a separate guide on my playstyle

    share your experience with us will be very useful friend!!!
    Islyn wrote: »
    I love this thread and yes please @Nifty2g :-D

    I run 5x kag or else 5x SPC depending and I run much more like Nifty (1x Kena, 3x Willpower with just one Regen, but I just recently changed the last one for Spell Damage, 2x Torugs for PVE) than like the OP does, but I still really liked the OP's guide.

    Nice!

    I updated the post with new video, so please you guys and @Nifty2g let me know what are your thoughts and if you guys need more tests please specify. thanks.
    I'll just say right now, you're going to be ready for the new trial, majority of other people will not I focus primarily on maxing out my DPS, by all means this is an end game mindset to maximize damage - not all players are needed to do this. Personally I do not run elemental drain at all as it would just significantly lower my DPS, I ask the person needing it to run it. I would run Siphon Spirit though as that would benefit everyone's sustain even my own and not force me to run a destruction staff, but honestly I run with a lot of the top players so they normally look after themselves, try that skill out if you can instead of elemental drain. Also please note that Pierce Armor also applies Major Breach

    My only advice if you are looking for it would be to try using dual swords and getting in melee range for some extra dps, that's totally up to you, for a complete healer build/support build this is pretty great. I suggested to run barrier because of the passives in Alliance War Support - Increases Magicka Regen by 10% for each ability slotted.

    I'd like to see how this goes in trials though, seems like a good build for it

    Yea but the question is: why do you want to do dps when you can buff instead and the results will be better? :/ That's what i don't get ^_^ . Also, leave trials aside please because I'm in no position to speak about trials as a healer.
    The only videos of me are stuff not from my POV but I'll post them since I post my DPS in them




    Typically when you add DPS, you also buff the group. But you rely on much more burst healing play style.

    A tip when doing this though and using Spell Power Cure, drop Extended Ritual for procs.

    I'll record a video later on of how I exactly what I mean of everything and I'll run your build for it

    Ok nice, now we're going somehwere! In the same run on mew, this was the time to kill (it will be added to main post too):



    your video was 16s i think, in the video where i only buff it was 15s. So again, why do i need to dps when i can have better results when buffing? ^_^

    Anyhow, this is my build, and I'm pretty confident it works well in any dungeons without doing Any dps. I don't really want to make this a discussion thread to be honest, because it's supposed to be a build post lol. but I really really hope i made my point and at least i gave you some ideas :)
    That firemaw was before Julianos existed it was just an example not a competition
    I'll throw together a guide a bit later on in a different discussion for more indepth examples, take anything you need from it as you wish
    #MOREORBS
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Meshal wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Meshal wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Meshal wrote: »
    You mention many important things, like positioning and applying buffs / debuffs, but I can't agree with this sentence:
    Meshal wrote: »
    In the past, it was required for healers to go off dd because in those times dds weren't doing so much damage and healers had to dd. However, it's not required anymore with IC and Orsinium update <in my opinion>.
    At the moment you rarely need to actually heal people, so you should always have some dps skills to use in between applying your buffs / debuffs. Otherwise you just waste time, when everyone is at full health, fully buffed and you don't know what to do with your magicka.
    Agreed Nifty, the end result is to put the bosses down, I can prevent a tonne of healing by using radiant destruction, and in good 4 man groups you don't need to heal as much so doing damage makes run s quicker.

    Overall good post though, I also use my Templar for DD as well so I run with 3k spell damage and get by with little sustain but have the stronger heals. Not ideal set up but works for me and makes 4 man stuff quicker.
    Nifty2g wrote: »

    P.S. Work on adding DPS into the group when you can, it's a very tricky and fun thing to do and adds a challenge in timing things, I have been around since the start when Templars started to add DPS into their groups I can give you a bunch of tips on how to do that, I know many don't do it as it's not their playstyle but it's my whole gameplay style so just send me a private message and I'll give you some videos and how to do it.
    I might also write a separate guide on my playstyle

    share your experience with us will be very useful friend!!!
    Islyn wrote: »
    I love this thread and yes please @Nifty2g :-D

    I run 5x kag or else 5x SPC depending and I run much more like Nifty (1x Kena, 3x Willpower with just one Regen, but I just recently changed the last one for Spell Damage, 2x Torugs for PVE) than like the OP does, but I still really liked the OP's guide.

    Nice!

    I updated the post with new video, so please you guys and @Nifty2g let me know what are your thoughts and if you guys need more tests please specify. thanks.
    I'll just say right now, you're going to be ready for the new trial, majority of other people will not I focus primarily on maxing out my DPS, by all means this is an end game mindset to maximize damage - not all players are needed to do this. Personally I do not run elemental drain at all as it would just significantly lower my DPS, I ask the person needing it to run it. I would run Siphon Spirit though as that would benefit everyone's sustain even my own and not force me to run a destruction staff, but honestly I run with a lot of the top players so they normally look after themselves, try that skill out if you can instead of elemental drain. Also please note that Pierce Armor also applies Major Breach

    My only advice if you are looking for it would be to try using dual swords and getting in melee range for some extra dps, that's totally up to you, for a complete healer build/support build this is pretty great. I suggested to run barrier because of the passives in Alliance War Support - Increases Magicka Regen by 10% for each ability slotted.

    I'd like to see how this goes in trials though, seems like a good build for it

    Yea but the question is: why do you want to do dps when you can buff instead and the results will be better? :/ That's what i don't get ^_^ . Also, leave trials aside please because I'm in no position to speak about trials as a healer.
    The only videos of me are stuff not from my POV but I'll post them since I post my DPS in them




    Typically when you add DPS, you also buff the group. But you rely on much more burst healing play style.

    A tip when doing this though and using Spell Power Cure, drop Extended Ritual for procs.

    I'll record a video later on of how I exactly what I mean of everything and I'll run your build for it

    Ok nice, now we're going somehwere! In the same run on mew, this was the time to kill (it will be added to main post too):



    your video was 16s i think, in the video where i only buff it was 15s. So again, why do i need to dps when i can have better results when buffing? ^_^

    Anyhow, this is my build, and I'm pretty confident it works well in any dungeons without doing Any dps. I don't really want to make this a discussion thread to be honest, because it's supposed to be a build post lol. but I really really hope i made my point and at least i gave you some ideas :)
    That firemaw was before Julianos existed it was just an example not a competition
    I'll throw together a guide a bit later on in a different discussion for more indepth examples, take anything you need from it as you wish

    I'll look forward to that.But trust me, I tested both, with this setup and game style, the group's performance (dps) will increase significantly especially if you have great dds. I wouldn't post the build if I wasn't so confident about it. ^_^
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like this builds and similar variations.

    There's 3 different ways of playing healer effectively in my modest opinion. None of them are "best".

    Heal/support. This build by @Meshal is great and does it perfectly. When you're grouped with glass house magicka DK's + sorc's using Kena, it feels like the best way to go.

    Heal/DD. Great in groups that doesn't need a lot of sustain support, like magicka NB's and stam dps only needing shards now and again. However, Sweep and Beam are still super dangerous since channelled and clunky, if someone needs instant burst heal you might be be to late, because the *** skill wont stop going.

    Heal/tank. Loads of fun and potentially the fastest dungeon runs out there, but not always doable based on your dps'ers performance and builds.

    Problem is healers who kinda only does the healing and nothing else. You need to do 2 jobs or go away lazy bum lol.
    Edited by eliisra on January 5, 2016 7:21PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meshal wrote: »
    I like the idea of what you are trying to do here. However, I feel as if this guide was written December 2014 with the emphasis on support and the neglect of "healer" DPS. It is true back then that was what most healers concentrated on, but the game has fundamentally changed since that point where less healing is necessary to keep a group alive and you are potentially costing your group a lot of DPS by not even trying to contribute.

    I'm not so sure I buy the argument that you are increasing a DD's damage by 5K-7K. If I am a NB, your combat prayer isn't buffing my damage. If I am a templar, I'm not getting resource return from elemental drain. If the tank is using Puncture, your major breech isn't stacking. Because a lot of these buffs are so common, there is a lot of potential inefficiency for support type builds. I found it much easier for myself to directly contribute DPS and with Jesus Beam, you can pull 10K easy. I personally would rather ESO get back to the point where I actually did more healing than damage, but as of right now people do not need a lot of healing or support so DPS is the most efficient use of my magicka pool.

    You want precise on your resto staff because presumably that is when you are healing and sharpened is netting you nothing.

    If we actually do get a new trial in the next update, I am guessing the 1200 regen you are running will probably have to be higher. As it is I see you heavy attack often enough in the videos here that it is noticeable. Since the release of 1.6, I think heavy attacking is best left to those stamina PvP gank builds that can quickly dispatch an enemy player in specific situations.

    I really do like the idea and theme behind this build, but I do not think the current game mechanics make it the most efficient.

    I honestly won't speak much about trials, because I rarely heal trials and go as dd instead. So I don't really like to say something I'm not confident in, but I think it will work in trials as well. Although, I didn't test out + don't want to say anything when I'm not confident 100% . So i would say this build is for for dungeons.

    now that being said, I don't know if you saw skoria's video before you posted this; if not i'd really appreciate it if you do.

    I'll try to reply to all your concerns:
    I feel as if this guide was written December 2014 with the emphasis on support and the neglect of "healer" DPS. It is true back then that was what most healers concentrated on, but the game has fundamentally changed since that point where less healing is necessary to keep a group alive and you are potentially costing your group a lot of DPS by not even trying to contribute.
    lol no it's not, just give it a try trust me it's the best. your contribution with buffs and keeping them, it is as if you were doing dps.

    I'm not so sure I buy the argument that you are increasing a DD's damage by 5K-7K. If I am a NB, your combat prayer isn't buffing my damage. If I am a templar, I'm not getting resource return from elemental drain. If the tank is using Puncture, your major breech isn't stacking. Because a lot of these buffs are so common, there is a lot of potential inefficiency for support type builds. I found it much easier for myself to directly contribute DPS and with Jesus Beam, you can pull 10K easy. I personally would rather ESO get back to the point where I actually did more healing than damage, but as of right now people do not need a lot of healing or support so DPS is the most efficient use of my magicka pool.
    with this, i dont think you saw Skoria's video, please check it out and let me know you're thoughts, I'd really appreciate it :)

    You want precise on your resto staff because presumably that is when you are healing and sharpened is netting you nothing.
    Oh okay, i actually never knew about that. i always go with sharpened >.< and never tested precise, thanks for the info. it actually won't affect the build whatsoever, but it's good to know for future build :D


    thanks again for you reply :)

    I can tell you when Sanctum was actually hard, it taxed even the highest regen builds in the game because there were times you had to breath of life spam to keep the tanks alive. If they make the next trial nearly as challenging, a lot of people are going to be in a for a rude surprise having got fat and lazy breezing through gold-key quests.

    I did see the Skoria video, but that just reinforces my point that we have gotten so powerful and the content so relatively easy, that virtually any build played in even an average manner will be able to complete it. So it doesn't matter if people run bad skills, make mistakes, or waste resources because we can kill bosses so fast that we can just ignore all the intended mechanics. Even WGT isn't much of a test anymore because once people know the mechanics of the Planar Inhibitor fight, it isn't *that* hard. Prison is legit, but that trying to run that fight with the intended interactive mechanic of throwing grenades is so frustrating that I, and I presume many people, just don't even both unless we can get into a group that just straight burns the boss. None of the healing builds out there will be legitimately tested until ZoS releases content that pushes a groups survival and sustain to its limit.

    Also, the comparison with Nifty's video isn't accurate because it was done with different people and using different version's of the game. By that logic we should run Hodor's healing build as they burned Valkyn down in 34 seconds 6 months ago.
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    sometimes it seems you can switch off the beam and sometimes you can't.
    not sure if it is always bar swap related or not.
    same goes with dark flare, very easy to get that 1-2 second delay even on the second shot and get stuck while people hit the floor.

    Healing is not always easy- I lol for people that haven't tried it in a sub-optimal group and are running all over the place getting 75% health chunks or one time death shots.
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    I really like this builds and similar variations.

    There's 3 different ways of playing healer effectively in my modest opinion. None of them are "best".

    Heal/support. This build by @Meshal is great and does it perfectly. When you're grouped with glass house magicka DK's + sorc's using Kena, it feels like the best way to go.

    Heal/DD. Great in groups that doesn't need a lot of sustain support, like magicka NB's and stam dps only needing shards now and again. However, Sweep and Beam are still super dangerous since channelled and clunky, if someone needs instant burst heal you might be be to late, because the *** skill wont stop going.

    Heal/tank. Loads of fun and potentially the fastest dungeon runs out there, but not always doable based on your dps'ers performance and builds.

    Problem is healers who kinda only does the healing and nothing else. You need to do 2 jobs or go away lazy bum lol.

    yep exactly, in my tests, the best result is to go full support/healer and thats where my build comes from.

    Meshal wrote: »
    I like the idea of what you are trying to do here. However, I feel as if this guide was written December 2014 with the emphasis on support and the neglect of "healer" DPS. It is true back then that was what most healers concentrated on, but the game has fundamentally changed since that point where less healing is necessary to keep a group alive and you are potentially costing your group a lot of DPS by not even trying to contribute.

    I'm not so sure I buy the argument that you are increasing a DD's damage by 5K-7K. If I am a NB, your combat prayer isn't buffing my damage. If I am a templar, I'm not getting resource return from elemental drain. If the tank is using Puncture, your major breech isn't stacking. Because a lot of these buffs are so common, there is a lot of potential inefficiency for support type builds. I found it much easier for myself to directly contribute DPS and with Jesus Beam, you can pull 10K easy. I personally would rather ESO get back to the point where I actually did more healing than damage, but as of right now people do not need a lot of healing or support so DPS is the most efficient use of my magicka pool.

    You want precise on your resto staff because presumably that is when you are healing and sharpened is netting you nothing.

    If we actually do get a new trial in the next update, I am guessing the 1200 regen you are running will probably have to be higher. As it is I see you heavy attack often enough in the videos here that it is noticeable. Since the release of 1.6, I think heavy attacking is best left to those stamina PvP gank builds that can quickly dispatch an enemy player in specific situations.

    I really do like the idea and theme behind this build, but I do not think the current game mechanics make it the most efficient.

    I honestly won't speak much about trials, because I rarely heal trials and go as dd instead. So I don't really like to say something I'm not confident in, but I think it will work in trials as well. Although, I didn't test out + don't want to say anything when I'm not confident 100% . So i would say this build is for for dungeons.

    now that being said, I don't know if you saw skoria's video before you posted this; if not i'd really appreciate it if you do.

    I'll try to reply to all your concerns:
    I feel as if this guide was written December 2014 with the emphasis on support and the neglect of "healer" DPS. It is true back then that was what most healers concentrated on, but the game has fundamentally changed since that point where less healing is necessary to keep a group alive and you are potentially costing your group a lot of DPS by not even trying to contribute.
    lol no it's not, just give it a try trust me it's the best. your contribution with buffs and keeping them, it is as if you were doing dps.

    I'm not so sure I buy the argument that you are increasing a DD's damage by 5K-7K. If I am a NB, your combat prayer isn't buffing my damage. If I am a templar, I'm not getting resource return from elemental drain. If the tank is using Puncture, your major breech isn't stacking. Because a lot of these buffs are so common, there is a lot of potential inefficiency for support type builds. I found it much easier for myself to directly contribute DPS and with Jesus Beam, you can pull 10K easy. I personally would rather ESO get back to the point where I actually did more healing than damage, but as of right now people do not need a lot of healing or support so DPS is the most efficient use of my magicka pool.
    with this, i dont think you saw Skoria's video, please check it out and let me know you're thoughts, I'd really appreciate it :)

    You want precise on your resto staff because presumably that is when you are healing and sharpened is netting you nothing.
    Oh okay, i actually never knew about that. i always go with sharpened >.< and never tested precise, thanks for the info. it actually won't affect the build whatsoever, but it's good to know for future build :D


    thanks again for you reply :)

    I can tell you when Sanctum was actually hard, it taxed even the highest regen builds in the game because there were times you had to breath of life spam to keep the tanks alive. If they make the next trial nearly as challenging, a lot of people are going to be in a for a rude surprise having got fat and lazy breezing through gold-key quests.

    I did see the Skoria video, but that just reinforces my point that we have gotten so powerful and the content so relatively easy, that virtually any build played in even an average manner will be able to complete it. So it doesn't matter if people run bad skills, make mistakes, or waste resources because we can kill bosses so fast that we can just ignore all the intended mechanics. Even WGT isn't much of a test anymore because once people know the mechanics of the Planar Inhibitor fight, it isn't *that* hard. Prison is legit, but that trying to run that fight with the intended interactive mechanic of throwing grenades is so frustrating that I, and I presume many people, just don't even both unless we can get into a group that just straight burns the boss. None of the healing builds out there will be legitimately tested until ZoS releases content that pushes a groups survival and sustain to its limit.

    Also, the comparison with Nifty's video isn't accurate because it was done with different people and using different version's of the game. By that logic we should run Hodor's healing build as they burned Valkyn down in 34 seconds 6 months ago.

    i guess what you're trying to say is that my build is ***, and no matter what i use everything will go well because everything became easy < in your opinion>. I respect that, but i'd have to disagree with what you said. and thanks for the reply.
    puffy99 wrote: »
    sometimes it seems you can switch off the beam and sometimes you can't.
    not sure if it is always bar swap related or not.
    same goes with dark flare, very easy to get that 1-2 second delay even on the second shot and get stuck while people hit the floor.

    Healing is not always easy- I lol for people that haven't tried it in a sub-optimal group and are running all over the place getting 75% health chunks or one time death shots.

    You don't really need to do ANY DPS in this build, you just go and buff + support resources and everything will go well. Meaning, you don't need to execute, you don't need to add any dot, you don't need to do anything except buffing and keeping their resources full. Again, I tested most variations while healing dungeons. in the new update; buffing is the way to go and this is the build for it.

    Edited by Meshal on January 20, 2016 9:54AM
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    I updated the build with MSA Staves, I also included most of the possible setups, plus the best setup I like (it comes to preference) because I like to have 20k health as healer.
    Edited by Meshal on January 20, 2016 10:00AM
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly if you have DPS burning down as fast as they are in your videos I don't know if you even need a healer.
    You could probably drop channeled focus and sweep your way to victory..

    Just shows what a difference 3 great DPS make in any battle.
Sign In or Register to comment.