Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Craftable jewelry sets

pod88kk
pod88kk
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Edited by pod88kk on January 2, 2016 2:24AM

Craftable jewelry sets 80 votes

Yay
96%
Kensei_ESOwayfarerxGilvothmaharao_ESOGlassHalfFullSteveCampsOutredfisher1b14_ESOstevarIruil_ESOstewart.leslie76b16_ESOSimen.askeland89b16_ESOAriaselcheeseaddictlawenforcementChillsSilvertailjava34nub18_ESOKhaos_BaneremilafoeNumbraBashev 77 votes
Nay
3%
imrednecksonPeel_Ya_Cap_517Fellenore_Ewalion 3 votes
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Who wouldn't want this.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Soooo much. Both because I love crafting and because it's hard to find good levelling sets.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    Of course yes.. I love crafting and the more crafting, the better
  • Count_Dracula
    Count_Dracula
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    Hell Yeah
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    This was in the game in alpha and early beta, they pulled it.
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should un-pull it. It would be another use for the stones (assuming stone quality matching ring level (diamond being top tier)).

It would also give a healthy boost to the utility of crafting.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • RapturousRex
    RapturousRex
    ✭✭✭
    eNumbra wrote: »

Did they give a reason why?
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay

I assume they thought it was imbalanced, 7 pieces of armor 3 jewelry and 2 weapons would allow for 2 5-piece crafted sets and a 2-piece bonus; and despite originally stating they wanted crafting to be meaningful someone thought this would make dropped sets all but completely meaningless.

And it might have, certainly would have allowed 2 5-piece crafted sets and a 2 piece monster set on a single character.

Having played since late beta though I can honestly say, I don't think anyone at Zenimax really knew how to balance a game prior to actually releasing this one. So one guess is as good as another.
    Edited by eNumbra on January 3, 2016 10:51PM
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    I would like to be able to craft them but theres a reason it was removed during beta. It made build too op
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    I would like to be able to craft them but theres a reason it was removed during beta. It made build too op

Considering they have sets that include jewelry, you can still get 2 5-piece and 1 2-piece just as easily, "too op" isn't really an argument.

Seems more like they wanted to give people an extra reason to run content for the only sets that include jewelry - dropped sets.
  • maharao_ESO
    Yay
    been missing since beta, but they aren't PvP

Edited by maharao_ESO on January 3, 2016 11:29PM
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Or upgradeable jewelry, at the very least.
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • Fellenore_Ewalion
    Fellenore_Ewalion
    ✭✭✭
    Nay
    No I think it would destroy the feeling if we could craft anything anytime. It's just good as it is, but jewelries should be upgradeable.
    My Great House Telvanni did not join the Pact.
    But it does not mean I don't want to be Emperor.
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Obvious Yay is Yay.

Jewelry sets already exist in-game. Crafted sets already exist in-game. Players should be able to combine the two in the same way they can for every... other... single... piece... of... equipment... in-game.
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • Kensei_ESO
    Kensei_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Thieves Guild DLC would be the PERFECT time to add this feature. Sneaky milkdrinkers are always snaggin' shiny rocks. It would be nice if they had a use for them...
  • stewart.leslie76b16_ESO
    Yay

I assume they thought it was imbalanced, 7 pieces of armor 3 jewelry and 2 weapons would allow for 2 5-piece crafted sets and a 2-piece bonus; and despite originally stating they wanted crafting to be meaningful someone thought this would make dropped sets all but completely meaningless.

And it might have, certainly would have allowed 2 5-piece crafted sets and a 2 piece monster set on a single character.

Having played since late beta though I can honestly say, I don't think anyone at Zenimax really knew how to balance a game prior to actually releasing this one. So one guess is as good as another.

Do you mean like them guys now running around now in 5 Briarheart, 5 Hunding's Rage and 2 Agility pieces?

The line has been crossed now, and to be fair even though the crafting sets make things easy for those at the start of the game, towards the end, you start pulling away from them going for drop sets or the PvP sets, and using crafted items to fill in the blanks. They don't even have to make the jewellery crafting part of the sets they have now, they can be their own sets like the willpower and agility items.
    I, as a loyal member of the Foamy Cult, do solemnly swear to live a logical life free of stupidity, ignorance and all round jack assery. I shall do my best to enlighten those in need of Squirrelly Wisdom in hope of one day ridding the world of human idiocy. This I swear.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    This would help create build diversity a ton! To be able to craft Jewelry in any set would be an awesome feature!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • pdarwin
    pdarwin
    ✭✭
    Yay
    Please, ZOS, give us the powers to create & modify jewelry. Then a crafted 'set' will be complete!

While you are at it - please also reveal where you are hiding the VR16 runes.

Is there a map or something (like the one for Nirncrux in Craglorn)?!