The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS unavailable. Characters not loading.

Nihili
Nihili
✭✭✭
cktgt0mlslgf.gif

ZOS, wuts gud?
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's set something straight.... ZOS ignores all feedback regarding PTS and has decided to remove it
  • victorcotrim
    Same here
  • Ethona
    Ethona
    ✭✭✭
    there is no pts patch up for testing as of now and thus no reason to have access to the pts.
  • Nihili
    Nihili
    ✭✭✭
    @Ethona If I encounter something strange, but don't have the disposable gold/gear to perform rigorous tests (and retests with completely different gear i.e. an expensive process) on the public server, what I do with my characters on PTS holds no consequence to the live server, so I can test away.

Just because there's no new update, that doesn't excuse getting rid of the PTS. Just recently an issue was discovered with wep crit not actually increasing past 50% - whether it's the IC or Orsinium update, it bears no relevance -- this is exactly the type of issue you want to have the PTS available for regardless so we can test things without sacrifice our valuable in game resources.
  • Minsc
    Minsc
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue, agree that can not load characters
  • Ethona
    Ethona
    ✭✭✭
    Nihili wrote: »
    @Ethona If I encounter something strange, but don't have the disposable gold/gear to perform rigorous tests (and retests with completely different gear i.e. an expensive process) on the public server, what I do with my characters on PTS holds no consequence to the live server, so I can test away.

Just because there's no new update, that doesn't excuse getting rid of the PTS. Just recently an issue was discovered with wep crit not actually increasing past 50% - whether it's the IC or Orsinium update, it bears no relevance -- this is exactly the type of issue you want to have the PTS available for regardless so we can test things without sacrifice our valuable in game resources.

I agree with you 101%! the PTS should be up 24/7 for every mmorpg out there. Its just seems that ZOS, being the amatures they are, don't do that just yet, and that's my opinion. Perhaps someday they will learn and change their ways.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ethona wrote: »
    Its just seems that ZOS, being the amatures they are, don't do that just yet, and that's my opinion.

Careful, writing stuff like this tends to result in the banhammer getting swung...
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can log into PTS just fine. I use it for Addon Code testing often.
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
  • Nihili
    Nihili
    ✭✭✭
    Ethona wrote: »

I agree with you 101%! the PTS should be up 24/7 for every mmorpg out there. Its just seems that ZOS, being the amatures they are, don't do that just yet, and that's my opinion. Perhaps someday they will learn and change their ways.

@Ethona, sorry, I thought your initial comment was saying why the PTS "should" be taken down, so I responded with why I felt it should be kept up---but we're actually on the same page :smiley:

@Ravalox, first off, I'm a fan of your work with Wykkyd's :blush: Second, I'm incredibly jealous of you :disappointed: When my character is clicked, the character load seems to go forever with no result. I have left it running and been logged out by the game for inactivity (in the character choice menu, no less?), so no success there unfortunately.

Does anyone know where the PTS server is located? I am under the impression this may have something to do with it (for no good reason at all, just an impression).
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ravalox, first off, I'm a fan of your work with Wykkyd's :blush: Second, I'm incredibly jealous of you :disappointed: When my character is clicked, the character load seems to go forever with no result. I have left it running and been logged out by the game for inactivity (in the character choice menu, no less?), so no success there unfortunately.

Does anyone know where the PTS server is located? I am under the impression this may have something to do with it (for no good reason at all, just an impression).

I believe the PTS server is in Austin, TX with the NA server; if not, then it would surely be in Maryland, however I'd think they wouldn't pay for the bandwidth required to the office, so it's most likely in the NA datacenter.

Have you tried to create a new character? (or delete one and create if no slots available?) That is odd that you can get to the character select but not into the game.

Thanks for the compliment! I find myself doing way more coding than playing these days, but it *is* fun!
    Edited by Ravalox on January 3, 2016 9:23PM
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%