The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil caves' completion

victorred
victorred
Soul Shriven
I've been trying for a while now, but i can't find 3 bosses in Cyrodiil. I've been camping for at their suposed spawn points for long periods but I never find them. Is is bugged or something?

The bosses are:
Red Ruby Cave - Endare
Newt Cave - Gravel Tooth
Pothole caverns - Serrin Vol
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished this achievement earlier this week, but it took weeks of checking the delves to find the bosses.

Some of the bosses have insanely long respawn timers, 4-8 hours. Other bosses appear to be tied to some NPC you kill, so I recommend trying to clear the whole cave and see if they spawn. Beyond that, you just have keep checking back and hope that no one has killed the boss in a while.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    None of the bosses have long respawn timers.

What they have is the old school EQ mechanic:
    Random chance to spawn on trash kill.

So to spawn them fast:
    Group up, run around the dungeons in circles wiping out everything fast.

doing this with a 4man group of V12s destroying everything fast we made all 1-4 bosses spawn in every dungeon in less then 15min. (Almost none were present when we got in)
    Edited by Axer on June 14, 2014 7:44PM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do have long respawn timers. I sat in Bloddmayne cave, right by where Ironlash spawns for four hours while I was working from home the other day. No one came in the dungeon, I didn't kill any NPCs, and he just spawned. But whatever, I have no desire to argue about what I experienced, and I've completed the achievement already, so good luck in your endeavors!
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • SlasherZet
    Actually, all the bosses have around ~15 minutes spawn timer (or less sometimes). The problem is that only a set number of bosses can be up at any time.
    Take Toadstool Hollow for example. There are 4 possible undead bosses + a spider boss at the start of the cave. Only 2 bosses spawn at the same time. If there are 2 bosses up, NONE of the other bosses will spawn UNTIL you kill the 2 bosses that are up. The bosses have a random chance of spawning, so you might have to kill the same boss over a few times before you get the one you want.
    Most of the caves with 2/3 possible bosses only have 1 active spawn, so search the other boss spawn locations and if there is a boss there, kill it, wait 15 minutes and check the spawn locations again. One of the bosses will be up.
  • Theoraa
    Theoraa
    @SlasherZet That worked.
    Was in Pothole Caverns. Just kill the one spawned boss and wait. Only one boss is spawning at a time :)
  • rtorlasub17_ESO
    I just ran Pothole Caverns with another guy. We made many circuits CW and CCW trying to get Serrin Vol to spawn; over half an hour. We killed multiple instances of the other two. The only thing which worked was to camp on top of him. He spawned within five minutes.