Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Night Capping

• PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double post

Edited by PhatGrimReaper on January 1, 2016 12:26AM
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what ? You expect Aussie players or players who have night jobs on days offs not to PvP when the main stream of players are off/asleep?

Yes there is "night capping" but again there are players who live in different time zones than you play and players who work at night and when they have days off they play at night cause that's what there used too.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on January 1, 2016 12:40AM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thalia, I live in NZ but I'm not sure when I am allowed to play. Could you please pay my sub and let me know? Thanks.
  • Seraph702
    Seraph702
    ✭✭✭
    Dynamic only night caps! night capping is the best part of this game!!!

Unruh out!
    Dynamic
    Praise be to Unruh our Let it Rain Lord and Savior
  • ShadoPanauin
    ShadoPanauin
    ✭✭✭
    Thallia wrote: »
    Now I know a lot of people probably already have hate in their blood by just looking at the title.

But this needs to be said.

Night capping is just Horrible for PvP. And recently it seems like less and less people play during the day or night time (18-22) and more during Early morning times like 1-5 AM

PvP at launch used to be a beautiful Expierience that no other game could ever recreate, this is why this Night capping is infuriating me beyond expression.

For the PvE'ers and the ones that do not know, Night capping is when the enemy PvP'ers in Cyrodiil, ON PURPOSE Change their sleeping schedule so that they wake up at about 4-6 AM just so they can get a full group to capture all the defencless keeps to get their (IMO) Un deserved Emporer to the throne, and to take the scrolls of the opposing factions.

This is a really sad and pathetic thing to, which should stop a lot of people from doing so. BUT there will always be the odd few that will do this just so they can win PvP. Right now PvP just seems to be a game of who can stay up the latest and who can have the most poeple online during 4-6 am.

This has to be fixed some way or another because honestly this just ruins the PvP experience, since (Actual example that happend) a faction like the Dc can just win the whole Campain because the nightcapped emporer and Took scroll with a full zerg and 5 am (Multiple times during the Campaign of course). Has PvP really come to just night capping?

Now I know @ZoS Has mentioned that they are aware of the countless amounts of Night caps and how it is ruining the PvP experience of players.

Im not sure what they are planning to do to fix this but I've heard a couple of suggestion on Zone chat.

A good Way to fix this would be to Buff the NPC's so that you would NEED a full zerg to kill them (of course this has its flaws aswell as you can kill anything with a couple of ballista bolts)

Another way I found to be not too bad was to Limit how many keeps can be Capped during a night cap, so lets say during 3-8 am only the EP keeps untile Arrius can be capped and no further. This is not too bad of a way but I could see this also causing some problems one way or another.

I've heard lots of other good Ideas on BWB campaign and im sure lots of people have good ideas on how to fix this PvP breaking issue! And if you have one you can always tell it down below!

I hope Zeni will soon fix this as I hate this Night capping BS and it just makes me so mad (even if my faction does it, and will get mad at the people who do it in my faction). Whatever way Zeni will aim to fix this, I hope it is a good flawless way that wont hinder the normal PvP experience and that it will be put into place soon!

Enjoy your New Year!

It's not like it's a different time everywhere on Earth and that the timezone you are in does not apply to everyone, that'd be stupid to think!
    Edited by ShadoPanauin on January 1, 2016 5:28AM
    R.I.P. Million Reasons to Bomb, he triggered ZOS

Characters:
    Million Reasons to Rename - AD Magicka Nightblade
    Lúcio C - AD Stamina Sorcerer
    slaughterfishlivesmatter - AD Stamina Nightblade
    Million Reasons to Rake - DC Stamina Sorcerer
    Shadopandauin - EP Magicka DK
    Million Reasons to Lag - EP Magicka Sorcerer
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be extremely unfair towards off prime time players to penalize them for their playtime. On the other hand it is unfair to prime time player who have to work hard for their gains to have it all lost to PvD players during offtime.

There is a simple solution to this problem. Timelock different servers to different timezones and remove the restriction on faction locks.

For example set most US server to be locked down where no keep or resource can be flipped between midnight pacific time until 3 pm eastern time. And then make one server the opposite where keeps can only be flipped during that time.

The benefit is that the majority of players wont see their hard work night capped and the off time players will all gather on the same server giving them a lot better chance of having some fun action.

It is a win win solution for everyone..... except for those who plan on capping without opposition but the game should not cater to their wishes at all.
  • Hektik_V
    Hektik_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    Thalia, I live in NZ but I'm not sure when I am allowed to play. Could you please pay my sub and let me know? Thanks.

We shall only do battle between the hours of 7 pm to midnight to avoid night capping, day capping, afternoon capping or brunch capping.
    Das Hektik
    Hektik V
    Hektiksaurus
    Hekspawn

@HEKT1K
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This argument is pathetic just be happy that Cyrodill always has action at some time, even if it's minimal if a group of Australians want to play and have fun and cap the map then who cares, it's the only time they can play, I'm sure it doesn't matter when it hits prime time and gives people something to do.

get a grip
    #MOREORBS
  • ataggs
    ataggs
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't penalize people for playing a game at an hour you don't approve of. It's not cheating or exploiting. It's more than a time zone thing, what about all of the hospital workers, airline employees, police, firefighters, or anyone else that can't pvp when you deem appropriate? If someone bought this game so they can PV-door at 4am who cares? Take it back when you get on.
      Confirmed Casual
    • Templar DC- Zee Taggs
    • Templar EP- Zoola
    • Templar AD- Old Zoola
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hektik_V wrote: »

We shall only do battle between the hours of 7 pm to midnight to avoid night capping, day capping, afternoon capping or brunch capping.

My bedtime is at 10pm, so you'll still be night capping me. Please adjust your play time to 7pm-10pm.
  • Thallia
    Thallia
    ✭✭
    I dont think a lot of poeple are really understanding what I tried to say, maybe because of my bad wording ;P

If you play at differant timezone- Lets say Australia or NZ. Then its fine there will be other players on the faction playing at that time aswell.

The thing is you can OBVIOUSLY see if Cyrodiil was Night-capped, or if some people on a differant time zone played.

I dont think it would just be a couples of Aussies playing at our night time when in the morning every keep is taken....

If it was just a couple of Aussies playing at that time it might be just like 2-3 keeps more (couting in defences of the other Aussies, NZ etc) that are playing on the other factions.

Im sorry IfI got some people mad with my post, Im just mad at the people that sepcially seek to ruin others PvP experience, not those that Play at differant time zones.
    EP:
    Vesari - Woof Elf NB VR16
    Erenwyn - High Elf Templar VR16
    'Elayne - High Elf Sorc 20
    Erenweyn - High Elf Templar 17
    Sax-In-Da-City - Dark Elf Dragon Knight 4

DC:
    Ammir - Redguard Templar 35
    Thallia - Breton NB 25
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about them pesky morning cappers and then the worst ones who are prime time cappers? If a map is a solid color it only means one thing......the other two factions got out played (doesn't matter what time of the day it is). End of story and please just stop with the QQ as it's not even worth mentioning 2 years after launch.
    Edited by Huckdabuck on January 1, 2016 3:56PM
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Thallia
    Thallia
    ✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »
    What about them pesky morning cappers and then the worst ones who are prime time cappers? If a map is a solid color it only means one thing......the other two factions got out played (doesn't matter what time of the day it is). End of story and please just stop with the QQ as it's not even worth mentioning 2 years after launch.

I must say,

My faction got really outplayed at 5am in the morning when suddenly 2 zergs of 'aussie players' (sarcasm) came online at only 1 faction...... dont act like night capping doest happen and that we just got 'outplayed'
    Edited by Thallia on January 1, 2016 4:21PM
    EP:

DC:
    Thallia - Breton NB 25
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »

I must say,

My faction got really outplayed at 5am in the morning when suddenly 2 zergs of 'aussie players' (sarcasm) came online at only 1 faction...... dont act like night capping doest happen and that we just got 'outplayed'

DC (my faction) and EP were outplayed every night by AD on Azura's NA because they had the bigger pool of organized oceanic players and would stack to take objectives (which is something people do during NA prime time). Plain and simple....zerged or not....if they capped the entire map then you have been outplayed. Night capping is NOT a thing.....as others have posted here......it's prime time somewhere.
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • ChrisXO
    ChrisXO
    ✭✭✭
    The map changes when a faction is temporarily weaker or stronger than the others. In a perfectly balanced campaign we all have our home keeps and fight for outposts. But then... one faction gets some more organised groups running, or Game of Thrones comes on and enough people on one faction don't care and keep playing, or some people go to bed and others wake up. A moment of opportunity and keeps start to flip.

Maybe there are groups that set their alarm clocks to wake up three hours early just to exploit your faction's low population. Good on 'em, it's a legitimate strategy and maybe that's what it takes to change the map. So then when you wake up all bright eyed and bushy tailed at a reasonable hour, start some pick up groups, rally your faction and flip it back while the night-cappers are staggering about looking for more coffee. There are always people looking for groups, put a crown above your head and lead them to the walls.
    - ad scrub -
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuse me but you do know that your night may be someone elses afternoon right? disadvantaging those from other countries for playing at their primetime is NOT a solution it is a big FU to groups of people.
    Edited by RAGUNAnoOne on January 1, 2016 6:31PM
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think it would just be a couples of Aussies playing at our night time when in the morning every keep is taken....
    If it was just a couple of Aussies playing at that time it might be just like 2-3 keeps more (couting in defences of the other Aussies, NZ etc) that are playing on the other factions.
    Didn't you say you are asleep when this happens?
    confused24.gif

Then how do you know it's "just a couple" of players from other timezones?

I'm pretty sure the whole countries of Australia and New Zealand can manage to get 20 players in a group during their prime time. Which would be plenty to take your keeps and scrolls.

Heck, they may even have opposition and real battles and sieges and duels, all while you're counting sheep ...
    sleep2.gif
  • Thallia
    Thallia
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    confused24.gif

I'm pretty sure the whole countries of Australia and New Zealand can manage to get 20 players in a group during their prime time. Which would be plenty to take your keeps and scrolls.

Heck, they may even have opposition and real battles and sieges and duels, all while you're counting sheep ...
    sleep2.gif

But it seems strange to have so many more players on one faction than the other. So much that they can litereally do whatever the hell they want....
    EP:

DC:
    Thallia - Breton NB 25
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hektik_V wrote: »

What about second breakfast capping?
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    This argument is pathetic just be happy that Cyrodill always has action at some time, even if it's minimal if a group of Australians want to play and have fun and cap the map then who cares, it's the only time they can play, I'm sure it doesn't matter when it hits prime time and gives people something to do.

get a grip

The issue is they can win campaigns by doing PvD instead of real pvp in that timeslot. Getting the keeps back they flip during prime time is a 100 times harder than what they do and THAT is simply unfair that because of the timeslot that they get the same reward for 1/100 the effort.

So a timelocked server catering for late nighters and then the rest being timelocked for prime timers is the only way to make things fair.

Remember if a game is not fair to all who participate then it will fail in the long run.
  • MurrayJnr
    MurrayJnr
    Soul Shriven
    confused24.gif

sleep2.gif

No, Thallia is right, it is just a couple Aussie players. After beers and steak we go round to gazzas shed because he's the one who has an internet. We let him play first but he has to stop when his sheila cracks a wobbly about him not spending time with her. Then it's maccas turn but he's doesn't know what he's doing so he just runs around like a drongo for 5mins before he gets bored and stops. Harry jumps on next but only to log off and play cs:go. When I finally get a go, it's 10pm and the server comes down for maint.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChrisXO wrote: »
    It's a 24/7 server and campaign, and not everyone lives in North America. Your 4AM could be someone else's prime time. Anyone has the right to pvp whenever they want as much as they want.

If you don't like the way that the map looks when you wake up in the morning, flip it back! It's what the oceanic players did when they woke up and logged on :smiley:

Nobody seriously expects players in different time zones to respect their map gains... do they?

Anyone has a right to PvP on their prime time. Flipping a map by doing PvD is not PvP. Learn the difference please
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do a search for night capping and read the other over 1000 posts or so on the subject.

As others have said people live in countries other than the US and play this game. Like when you play some times a campaign has more people from one faction than another on during different times of the day. If you want a competitive campaign I think all of the platforms both EU and NA have one campaign that is competitive 24/7 if you don't want to come back to a completely flipped map join that campaign.

I'm not sure what the problem is though. If you were in a 24/7 buff campaign where nothing changed hands you wouldn't be PvP'ing. A flipped map means more things to take back, so unless you are PvDooring the keeps back you should be getting a lot of fights when you are playing seems like a good thing to me.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    confused24.gif

sleep2.gif

But it seems strange to have so many more players on one faction than the other. So much that they can litereally do whatever the hell they want....

How do you know how many each faction has on? You are supposed to be sleeping. Maybe your factions off hour players suck.

In all seriousness, we know that nightcapping, morning capping etc happen, but you can't really stop it without being unfair to people who don't share your prime time. And even if it is your primetime, what do you do when it is obvious that you have the population advantage? Do you stop PvPing? Do you make sure everything is fair and balanced before you take keeps? How many enemy players have to be on for you to be okay with taking their keep? Or are you just mad that people play with your toys when you aren't there?
    PC/EU DC
  • Thallia
    Thallia
    ✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    confused24.gif

sleep2.gif

How do you know how many each faction has on? You are supposed to be sleeping. Maybe your factions off hour players suck.

In all seriousness, we know that nightcapping, morning capping etc happen, but you can't really stop it without being unfair to people who don't share your prime time. And even if it is your primetime, what do you do when it is obvious that you have the population advantage? Do you stop PvPing? Do you make sure everything is fair and balanced before you take keeps? How many enemy players have to be on for you to be okay with taking their keep? Or are you just mad that people play with your toys when you aren't there?

Well thats the thing, Its hard to make is fair but I think its in Zenis Intrests to make the Majority happier and make sure they have a nice experience. I mean I'm really not tring to be mean here but lets face it, (throughout all the times I have been online during the time ngihtcappers are too, and sometimes are not) I have seen that when nightcappers dont cap in the night, then there are barely any players, all statuses on Low.

So its a matter of making the experience either better for the 500+ players on prime time or the less than 100 on down time.

Again I dont want to be mean but its just reality there are not many Aussie players. A quick and easy fix is to get a Asian or Ocianic server but that would cost Zeni a lot of money.

I like the idea of having a better scoring system, so less points for capping a keep that has little to now defence. This would hinder the nightccappers from making a big effect during prime time but then again, they still have the keep. Which is really hard to get back when in prime time, there are like 2 zergs defending it.
    EP:

DC:
    Thallia - Breton NB 25
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets have a campaign that only DC can play, one for EP, and one for AD. Then each faction can take the whole map and log off, or pve, or do whatever they want, without worry someone might take something back while they're away.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your nightcap is Aussie's primetime.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only thing that drives me absolutely insane about night capping is that it installs a "we will get it back later" attitude sometimes when pvping during the day. People will skip defending home keeps or their own scrolls because "we can get it back later". Sometimes I have seen these same people putting down those who call out that a home keep and/or scroll needs defending. Lol, seriously? Usually saying "stfu we will get it back later, who cares." Just funny to me.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    exactly this :p
    while you're asleep aussies are active and want something to do
    #MOREORBS
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

Yep which is why there should be a campaign timelocked to Ausie prime time instead of US time and the rest being timelocked to US time.

That way the Ausie and nightworking players have a server where they have much better chance of action and they wont break the game for people in the prime time.