The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Night Capping

• Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    It has come to my attention that any DC pug not recognized by the enemy is now a CN member.

Just as any AD pug is a member of the #CrownZerg :-)

We should rename DC to Chuck Norris Covenant & AD to Crown's Dominion :P

Also remember (shout out to @Jules ) that any EP group that takes Bloodmayne or Black Boot is automatically Haxus.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It has come to my attention that any DC pug not recognized by the enemy is now a CN member.

Just as any AD pug is a member of the #CrownZerg :-)

We should rename DC to Chuck Norris Covenant & AD to Crown's Dominion :P

Also remember (shout out to @Jules ) that any EP group that takes Bloodmayne or Black Boot is automatically Haxus.

#BlameHaxus
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    So anytime you are not on is night capping... Catch a clue. I live in Cali so when I get home from work at 4:30 pm and play for a couple of hours the east coast ad are then signing off for the night. Then the UK and Aussies are on thier prime time which happens to be your night time.... No one gets up in the middle of the night to grief you. Well I might.... If I didn't have a job.... Like EP. Whoops that was supposed to be my internal voice. My bad.

Here's how I define nightcapping: Any time outside the server's prime time. For NA servers that's between 7 PM - 3 AM EST (4 PM - 12 AM PST).

NA players shouldn't go to a EU server and expect that server's prime time to match theirs; neither should anyone outside the NA time zones expect the NA server's prime time to be theirs.

Nightcapping happens. It's been happening literally for over a decade in various MMOs. What bothers me is how some people consider it an accomplishment. You cannot play on a NA server during that server's day time (work and school for NA people), cap everything, then pat yourselves on the back for a job well done. But I see it all the time. It was really bad in DAOC on my server. Massive european population played Midgard but not Hibernia or Albion and every morning they'd cap all the keeps and relics, so we'd come home from work and school and be screwed because the NA Midgard pop had all the bonuses from their morning crew.

We have to accept nightcapping in ESO. We have no choice, there's four servers, two of them nobody wants to bother with. We don't have to accept people who play during the server's off hours congratulating each other on a job well done with their PvDoor.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's how I define nightcapping: Any time outside the server's prime time. For NA servers that's between 7 PM - 3 AM EST (4 PM - 12 AM PST).
    Except, your definition is flawed ...

Since there is no oceanic server, you're excluding a whole continent plus some rather large countries.
    From their point of view, YOU are the night cappers.

It still boggles my mind that people don't seem to grasp the concept of timezones.
    confused24.gif
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Except, your definition is flawed ...

Since there is no oceanic server, you're excluding a whole continent plus some rather large countries.
    From their point of view, YOU are the night cappers.

It still boggles my mind that people don't seem to grasp the concept of timezones.
    confused24.gif

except their point of view doesn't consider the fact that it's the NA server.

The North American server.

Nothing else needs to be said about that.

Again, I accept that there's nightcapping but I won't accept nightcappers pretending they accomplished something.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    except their point of view doesn't consider the fact that it's the NA server.
    The North American server.
    Nothing else needs to be said about that.
    All that means is that NA is where the server is physically located.
    Please show me where it is written that one has to be in the continental US to play on the NA server.

All this whining about people playing an MMO they paid for while you're asleep makes me think you might be better off playing single player games.
    shades.gif
  • Thallia
    Thallia
    ✭✭
    Okay, okay...

On NA its a differant story, a very differant story. East US has a mcuh differant time zone to West US.

Im sorry I didn't say this in my Original Post but, I'm talking about my Server here, EU, There the time zone is a couple hours more MAX. Nightcaps on the EU Servers are actually kind of a problem in my eyes and its not just the stupid excuse of "their on other timezones!" Its actually nightcapping, and they are even proud of their so called "acomplishments" which i find even worse. Maybe Zeni could add like Really hard to kill and really good bots on the nighttime? Like fill the population with bots? would be nice to stop nightcappers, but I dunno.
    EP:
    Vesari - Woof Elf NB VR16
    Erenwyn - High Elf Templar VR16
    'Elayne - High Elf Sorc 20
    Erenweyn - High Elf Templar 17
    Sax-In-Da-City - Dark Elf Dragon Knight 4

DC:
    Ammir - Redguard Templar 35
    Thallia - Breton NB 25
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a very real problem. Timezones are just a weak excuse to be honest.

One alliance vastly outnumbering the others at night when it's nothing like that during the day is not natural.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thallia wrote: »
    Okay, okay...

On NA its a differant story, a very differant story. East US has a mcuh differant time zone to West US.

Im sorry I didn't say this in my Original Post but, I'm talking about my Server here, EU, There the time zone is a couple hours more MAX. Nightcaps on the EU Servers are actually kind of a problem in my eyes and its not just the stupid excuse of "their on other timezones!" Its actually nightcapping, and they are even proud of their so called "acomplishments" which i find even worse. Maybe Zeni could add like Really hard to kill and really good bots on the nighttime? Like fill the population with bots? would be nice to stop nightcappers, but I dunno.

Yeah I'd assume the EU server has it worse. There's a three hour difference between east and west US (not including Hawaii) but the EU server is crammed into like two hours right?

At least some of you understand what I'm saying. We can't do a thing about nightcapping, it's here to stay and we have to accept it. We don't have to accept their self-congratulating though.

Who is nightcapping on the EU server? Oceanic players? NA players looking for easy PvDoor?

I think it was Shadowbane that instituted a small PvP window on their servers to prevent off-hours capping. I can barely remember how it worked but you did get to choose a server with a PvP window that corresponded with your play time. I am not suggesting that for ESO but it does show an example of nightcapping/off-hours capping being a big enough problem that developers wanted to address it.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all of you saying there isn't much 4 people can do over night - you're crazy. Me and 3 friends could own the whole map if it was uncontested... In a matter of hours.
  • mchermie
    mchermie
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC has to just wait for our Japanese guild to mature!

I miss DC (Death Chainsaw)..They were badass
    Edited by mchermie on January 14, 2016 2:46AM
    Retired
    NA DC
    K-Hole
    McHermie NB - AR 42
    McHermes DK - AR 18
    Lord Typh Templar - AR 11
  • Thallia
    Thallia
    ✭✭

Yeah I'd assume the EU server has it worse. There's a three hour difference between east and west US (not including Hawaii) but the EU server is crammed into like two hours right?

At least some of you understand what I'm saying. We can't do a thing about nightcapping, it's here to stay and we have to accept it. We don't have to accept their self-congratulating though.

Who is nightcapping on the EU server? Oceanic players? NA players looking for easy PvDoor?

I think it was Shadowbane that instituted a small PvP window on their servers to prevent off-hours capping. I can barely remember how it worked but you did get to choose a server with a PvP window that corresponded with your play time. I am not suggesting that for ESO but it does show an example of nightcapping/off-hours capping being a big enough problem that developers wanted to address it.

Yeah, I dont htink they are oceanic players, its more European players wanting to get an advantage, usually the losing faction. And for every server its differant: For example for the Campaign im playing on Right now BwB (I know I know non vet is not competetive blablabla its fun okay :smiley: ) Its usually the AD that nightcap the most and are proud of it and share pictures of their 'acomplishments' on the BwB Forum Post.

And i believe that in the latest ESO live episode last weeks or so, they adressed PvP and what they want to change, and I believe that they talked about Nightcapping for abit and were looking into to somehow fixing it, also zerging but lets face it, zerging will never go hehe ;)

EP:
    Vesari - Woof Elf NB VR16
    Erenwyn - High Elf Templar VR16
    'Elayne - High Elf Sorc 20
    Erenweyn - High Elf Templar 17
    Sax-In-Da-City - Dark Elf Dragon Knight 4

DC:
    Ammir - Redguard Templar 35
    Thallia - Breton NB 25
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm an aussie and get accused of "night capping" while playing during the daylight after I finish work.

I call bull crap on you suggestion, it would ruin it for people of different time zones in other countries.

This may be a shocking revelation to you, but there are other countries in the world besides the USA.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all of you saying there isn't much 4 people can do over night - you're crazy. Me and 3 friends could own the whole map if it was uncontested... In a matter of hours.

This is basically it. Taking keeps is too easy and until they do something to change that, off-hour capping will be a big problem. People should be able to put up an effective keep defense even when outnumbered.
    Farorin wrote: »
    I'm an aussie and get accused of "night capping" while playing during the daylight after I finish work.

I call bull crap on you suggestion, it would ruin it for people of different time zones in other countries.

This may be a shocking revelation to you, but there are other countries in the world besides the USA.

Are you taking near-empty (defenders that are vastly outnumbered, if any at all) keeps whenever you play? If the answer is yes, why do you enjoy that? If the answer is no, the topic starter probably isn't referring to you...

This timezone argument has got to go. On one of the campaigns I spend a lot of time in, I happen to know a lot of the people PvDooring keeps at night are in fact in very similar timezones and just have messed up sleeping schedules. There's nothing wrong with that fact (I happen to not be a very stable sleeper either) but there is something wrong with them all stacking on 1 alliance at night, flipping a huge chunk of the map with very little effort.
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time zones and sleep schedules are valid arguments. You guys just feed the stereotypes of spoiled, arrogant Americans.

However, why do they all roll AD? The Dominion is the reigning night time champion. Pick a different faction y'all.