The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Does Evil Hunter proc on spells (magicka) or only stam based attacks?

Refuse2GrowUp
Refuse2GrowUp
✭✭✭✭✭
Question in the title...

Sorry to have to ask, we on console don't have battle logs or damage numbers to verify
PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
CP160 StamSorc
CP160 Templar Healer
CP160 Stam NB
CP160 Magica Sorc
Cp160 Stamplar
CP160 Magicka NB
CP160 DK Tank
CP160 Stam DK
CP160 Mag Templar
CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist

Best Answers

• DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will proc on magica attacks yes, but I think the damage scales of off stamina.
    Answer ✓
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Refuse2GrowUp

There is an audio queue when it proc's. It sound's like a spark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he-UOqWkmNo

here's a video back in the day when it was exploitable by stacking the ability, however it's a great way to hear the audio queue.

Also the damage scale's off max stamina and weapon damage... but also Weapon Critical which not to many people know about. I think this is the only skill in the game to also grant more damage for having more critical. not sure if critical chance or damage though.

i could be wrong, maybe all ability's that scale off stamina also scale off critical. not really sure.

I really would not recommend using Expert Hunter on a magicka class though. I'm not sure how much your expert hunter hit's for but for me as a stamina character, my stealth bonus damage for camo hunter hit's for 12k buffed. So you can base your decision on my tooltip off your's if it's truly worth it.

You should just use Dawnbreaker of Smiting if you want an ability to kill vampire's. Still very deadly and scale's off your magicka damage.

Hope this help's :)

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on January 1, 2016 10:01AM
    PS4 NA DC
    Answer ✓
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the reply @DDemon.

I figured it would scale to stamina. That isn't even really of concern...tho more damage is always better.

Another question for you: When I am on my NB, I can tell when Camo Hunter procs. There is an audible and a sort of ground shake. Is there any audible or visual showing when Evil Hunter procs? I REALLY wish the devs would give us on console damage numbers and a battle log/FTC style report. In the interim, would be nice to know when ques I should be looking for to confirm proc and test proc rate.

Thx again
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar

EP Loyalist
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the reply @DDemon.

I figured it would scale to stamina. That isn't even really of concern...tho more damage is always better.

Another question for you: When I am on my NB, I can tell when Camo Hunter procs. There is an audible and a sort of ground shake. Is there any audible or visual showing when Evil Hunter procs? I REALLY wish the devs would give us on console damage numbers and a battle log/FTC style report. In the interim, would be nice to know when ques I should be looking for to confirm proc and test proc rate.

Thx again

Use add-ons if you play on pc
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use add-ons if you play on pc

Unfortunately, as mentioned in both the OP and my reply, I play on console. So, guess I am stuck being a thorn in you PCers side until the devs give consoles some love.

Any insight or testing would be highly appreciated~
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar

EP Loyalist
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Refuse2GrowUp

There is an audio queue when it proc's. It sound's like a spark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he-UOqWkmNo

here's a video back in the day when it was exploitable by stacking the ability, however it's a great way to hear the audio queue.

Also the damage scale's off max stamina and weapon damage... but also Weapon Critical which not to many people know about. I think this is the only skill in the game to also grant more damage for having more critical. not sure if critical chance or damage though.

i could be wrong, maybe all ability's that scale off stamina also scale off critical. not really sure.

I really would not recommend using Expert Hunter on a magicka class though. I'm not sure how much your expert hunter hit's for but for me as a stamina character, my stealth bonus damage for camo hunter hit's for 12k buffed. So you can base your decision on my tooltip off your's if it's truly worth it.

You should just use Dawnbreaker of Smiting if you want an ability to kill vampire's. Still very deadly and scale's off your magicka damage.

Hope this help's :)

@GreenSoup2HoT Thx for the video. I will play around with it and see if I can pick up the audible.

The reason I was looking into it wasn't necessarily for PvP or even most PvE. There are much better things to throw on my bar for most occasions. However, for something like the final round of vMSA, if, even as a magicka build, I could slot Evil Hunter and get extra damage against all enemies and help get stamina back, it is well worth the bar slot. Just a bit of theory crafting really~
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar