The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vet player returning as a Templar Tank, need updated loadout please.

Jaywics
Jaywics
✭✭✭
Havnt tanked since the Stam nerf but returning back to the game.

Imperial Templar, 254 skill points and 345 cp, I just need to know what to do with them since the changes to tanking have gone live. (XBOX1)

Should I continue to go Magika based or switch my atrributes to Stamina?

I use to tank with sword n shield, 2hander, is this still viable or do I need to go sword n shield on both bars?

Thanks in advance!
XBOX1 NA
XBL: Jaywics
Discord ID: jaywics#2078

• Jaywics
    Jaywics
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing lol? Templar tanks eft the game for good?
    XBOX1 NA

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never tanked with a Templar, but my guild has two really strong Magicka Templar Tanks that have been running a build they picked up from Tamriel Foundry. Very little issues with healing them and very little resource issues. I apologize that I can't be of more help, but definitely check that site.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Jaywics
    Jaywics
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    I've never tanked with a Templar, but my guild has two really strong Magicka Templar Tanks that have been running a build they picked up from Tamriel Foundry. Very little issues with healing them and very little resource issues. I apologize that I can't be of more help, but definitely check that site.

Thanks and I did however the build I found where a bit outdated, originating before IC DLC.
    XBOX1 NA

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaywics wrote: »
    Thanks and I did however the build I found where a bit outdated, originating before IC DLC.

As of right now, those builds are still mostly viable. Only difference would wanting a vMaelstrom Arena optimized build.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When in his tanking setup, my magicka templar uses the following gear (everything but the jewelry is upgraded to gold, jewelry is purple):
    • Maw of the Infernal's Helmet (medium with infused trait and prismatic enchant)
    • Bogdan the Nightflame's Pauldron (heavy with infused trait and prismatic enchant)
    • Cuirass of the Armor Master (heavy with infused trait and prismatic enchant)
    • Gauntlets of the Armor Master (heavy with divines trait and prismatic enchant)
    • Sash of the Armor Master (light with divines trait and prismatic enchant)
    • Greaves of the Armor Master (heavy with infused trait and prismatic enchant)
    • Sabatons of the Armor Master (heavy with divines trait and prismatic enchant)
    • Sword of Endurance (sharpened trait with absorb magicka enchant) on each bar
    • Shield of Agility (reinforced trait with prismatic enchant) on each bar
    • Necklace of Agility (arcane trait with shield-play enchant)
    • Ring of Agility (arcane trait with shield-play enchant)
    • Ring of Endurance (healthy trait with shield-play enchant)
    The mismatched monster helm/shoulder set is so that I get the 1-piece health bonus from each. Once I finally get an Engine Guardian shoulder that I like I'll be swapping them out for a 2-piece Engine Guardian set, sacrificing some health in order to get much better resource management.

The Armor Master set is amazing for tanking as long as you've got an armor ability slotted on each bar. I used to use Hist Bark as my crafted tank set, but if you keep Shuffle up most of the time (which is not generally a problem) you get slightly better dodge chance (because you don't have to be blocking for it to happen), and you get insane resistance.

The Agility pieces that I use aren't the most sought-after (and expensive) ones because they have the arcane trait, but since I use more magicka than stamina when tanking anyway, they're great for me. The 2 pieces of Endurance that I use are just to get a bit more health.

Note that I use essentially identical weapon/shields on each bar (one of my swords is actually an axe, and the shields are different styles, but otherwise they're identical - the different look actually helps me to know which skill bar I'm currently using).

In this setup I generally use the following skills on my bars:
    Bar 1:
    • Pierce Armor (bread and butter taunt that also reduces resistance)
    • Puncturing Sweep (the DPS that I do mostly comes from this, and it's a nice self heal)
    • Shielded Assault (my gap closer that stuns and gives me a damage shield)
    • Structured Entropy (a nice cheap little DoT/HoT, but most importantly it increases my health by being slotted)
    • Shuffle (the dodge chance is great, and thanks to the Armor Master set it increases my health by being slotted, and buffs my resistance when I use it)
    • Empowering Sweep (a cheap ultimate that I can use over and over in boss fights - doesn't do that much damage, but I use it more for the damage mitigation)
    Bar 2:
    • Heroic Slash (I use this on the boss every 10 seconds or so to reduce their damage and help generate ultimate)
    • Radiant Ward (a damage shield that scales off my high health and does a small AOE on activation - I like to use this while I'm low on stamina and surrounded by mobs so I can take a breather from blocking)
    • Breath of Life (this is rarely to heal myself - it's mostly for situations where the healer is out of action and I'm trying to help the group stay alive)
    • Structured Entropy (it's on both bars because of the health buff for being slotted)
    • Harness Magicka (the magic damage shield is sometimes useful, but this is mostly there because of the bonuses Armor Master gives me for having an armor ability slotted, and to have a little variety of utility instead of having Shuffle on both bars)
    • Solar Prison (this is the expensive ultimate that I'll usually only be able to use once or twice in a boss fight - awesome damage and damage mitigation, with the only downside being that I can't spam it like I can Empowering Sweep)

I sometimes swap out certain skills for certain fights (in particular I sometimes slot Inner Fire for a ranged taunt), but that's generally my setup.

So with all of that, here's what my stats look like while tanking (using VR15 tri-stat food):
    ManutTank1_zps0pcky3wg.jpg
    And here's the same but with an armor ability active:
    ManutTank2_zpsxrqfrdcj.jpg

I find that this works pretty damn well for me, but your mileage may vary.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)