The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why does AD have so many nightblades?

JubJub
JubJub
✭✭✭
Not complaining about them because they're fun to fight, but it seems like every other AD I come across is a nightblade. Are they easy to play or something?
Edited by JubJub on December 27, 2015 8:03PM
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AD has more Khajiits also, nightblades are a natural class for Khajiit. Also in IC, because of the amount of mobs down there, nightblades are a good class to run so you have more options for picking and choosing the npcs you want to fight.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer make great NBs ...
    w00t.gif
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cause the Night Blade class is the OP META right now.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, if you are referring to nonvet, every faction is full of NB's. DC literally only has one class choice now, NB.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    Haha, if you are referring to nonvet, every faction is full of NB's. DC literally only has one class choice now, NB.

DC, EP, AD all factions are now like 70% NB ever since IC and NB became the OP META and despite all the post ZOS doesn't do anything about it yet after 1 or 2 post about nerfing DKs ZOS over nerfs them to the ground shortly after said post.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on December 28, 2015 12:01AM
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rossvoss wrote: »
    Not complaining about them because they're fun to fight, but it seems like every other AD I come across is a nightblade. Are they easy to play or something?

I've often wondered this about DC and EP. It would seem NB is a popular class.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Angarato
    Angarato
    ✭✭✭
    all 3 of our races are very very good for nb. khajit and bosmer for stamblade and altmer best choice for magblade
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    NB's are silent assassins, that is the description of the class, but they are also hard to play for survival... I suggest you try a NB in PvP, and then we will talk...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prabooo wrote: »
    NB's are silent assassins, that is the description of the class, but they are also hard to play for survival... I suggest you try a NB in PvP, and then we will talk...

nb's are easy for survival....
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol they are not hard to survive with at all, them and sorcs have it the easiest.

• bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigor has made NB's way OP
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Using a bow NB atm, does that make me FOTM? =P. I just wanna be a scout! : cries :
  • MancandyMcDong
    laced wrote: »
    Using a bow NB atm, does that make me FOTM? =P. I just wanna be a scout! : cries :

I have a pure bow NB, and I love it. Did Dw/Bow for quite some time, but finally couldn't justify not using bow for both bars. Too many great abilities and would end up switching up my bar constantly. Definitely not FOTM, but you will be making enemies in your home campaign for sure.

Venom Arrow
    Relentless Focus
    Acid Spray
    Dark Cloak
    Mass Hysteria
    Flawless Dawnbreaker

Lethal Arrow
    Piercing Mark
    Double-Take/Camo-Hunter/Caltrops (only skill to switch as needed)
    Dark Cloak
    Resolving Vigor
    Flawless Dawnbreaker

V16 Bosmer; 5 shield breaker (hundings is great as well but shields are rampant in pvp plus the added stam regen is worth the >200 dmg traded for it., 3 night mother, 3 robust agility (with weapon dmg glyphs); all armor divines with prismatic or stamina glyphs (I prefer prismatic, but stam works)

Bows sharpened with poison (you get more sustained DPS in larger battles)

Essence of weapon dmg is your friend, make plenty.

Finally get good at roll-dodging and animation canceling. *if you snipe your animation canceling will be interrupted for your next shot unless it's acid spray, so remember to "clear the barrel" so to speak when enemies close in.
    GamerTag- Mancandy McLong

I may be a Bosmer, but I'm hung like a Redguard.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »

I have a pure bow NB, and I love it. Did Dw/Bow for quite some time, but finally couldn't justify not using bow for both bars. Too many great abilities and would end up switching up my bar constantly. Definitely not FOTM, but you will be making enemies in your home campaign for sure.

Venom Arrow
    Relentless Focus
    Acid Spray
    Dark Cloak
    Mass Hysteria
    Flawless Dawnbreaker

Lethal Arrow
    Piercing Mark
    Double-Take/Camo-Hunter/Caltrops (only skill to switch as needed)
    Dark Cloak
    Resolving Vigor
    Flawless Dawnbreaker

V16 Bosmer; 5 shield breaker (hundings is great as well but shields are rampant in pvp plus the added stam regen is worth the >200 dmg traded for it., 3 night mother, 3 robust agility (with weapon dmg glyphs); all armor divines with prismatic or stamina glyphs (I prefer prismatic, but stam works)

Bows sharpened with poison (you get more sustained DPS in larger battles)

Essence of weapon dmg is your friend, make plenty.

Finally get good at roll-dodging and animation canceling. *if you snipe your animation canceling will be interrupted for your next shot unless it's acid spray, so remember to "clear the barrel" so to speak when enemies close in.

Shieldbreaker... you... little... Nightblade!

Gwah, lol, I'm a proud Altmer Sorc forever AD!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • JubJub
    JubJub
    ✭✭✭

Tried pvping with a nightblade not my playstyle at all. I like to fight without an escape, leads to more deaths but oh well
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    First off, the AD has khajiits and wood elfs, which arguably make the best nightblades.
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »

DC, EP, AD all factions are now like 70% NB ever since IC and NB became the OP META and despite all the post ZOS doesn't do anything about it yet after 1 or 2 post about nerfing DKs ZOS over nerfs them to the ground shortly after said post.

Totaly agree.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »

^^^^ Magicka user ^^^^

NB are already OP vigor has nothing at all to do with it. Now please magicka user stop QQ about vigor.
  • KozawahGaming
    KozawahGaming
    ✭✭✭

^^^^ Magicka user ^^^^

NB are already OP vigor has nothing at all to do with it. Now please magicka user stop QQ about vigor.

This is 110% accurate. I'm a stamina NB along with Magicka DK, and working on a Magicka Templar. Vigor is not OP, the combinations that vigor is used with could be considered OP. Rally stacked with Vigor is definitely a cheesy combo.
    Vet 5 NB- Gaelwen Forestmire (Vamp(cured)/Stam)
    Vet 1 Templar- Kozawah Incarnic (None/Magicka/Healer)
    Level 4 DK- Trecldur (Magicka)
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of NB's in every faction, but the cats and the cannibals make good NB's due to racials.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People cant l2p, and the majority of these ppls whine, ZOS in their infinite wisdom is listening to said whine, and nerfs are coming all the time...things have been nerfed, overly nerfed too, the game is more noobfriendly then ever and the worst part is more nerfs are planned. Soon..the game will be playable by ppls pets.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people are nightblades because ESOs population is so humble that they all flock to the weakest class. They all want to play the most disadvantaged and underpopulated class so they all roll nightblade. Makes me feel so good the level of responsibiltiy these guys have that they are willing to roll the most sparsely populated class to help balance class populations out.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^^^^ Magicka user ^^^^

This is 110% accurate. I'm a stamina NB along with Magicka DK, and working on a Magicka Templar. Vigor is not OP, the combinations that vigor is used with could be considered OP. Rally stacked with Vigor is definitely a cheesy combo.

Hey it isn't that bad. Yes before I thought the same thing but after using it my 2H tanking has never been better. But doesn't help when Dragons Blood is a pretty weak heal.

Plus the combo or vigor it self really only becomes "OP" as magicka users are so loving to claim when you got a lot of warrior points into quick recovery or mage points into blessed.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on December 28, 2015 5:53PM
  • KozawahGaming
    KozawahGaming
    ✭✭✭

^^^^ Magicka user ^^^^

Hey it isn't that bad. Yes before I thought the same thing but after using it my 2H tanking has never been better. But doesn't help when Dragons Blood is a pretty weak heal.

Plus the combo or vigor it self really only becomes "OP" as magicka users are so loving to claim when you got a lot of warrior points into quick recovery or mage points into blessed.

Yeah but having 2 over time heals, along with having a lot of CP could make the combo OP or cheesy. I'm a low vet, with some lower characters; I still see it as cheesy. Both are low cost and magicka classes don't really have a good magicka version of it, unless you are a Templar.
    Vet 5 NB- Gaelwen Forestmire (Vamp(cured)/Stam)
    Vet 1 Templar- Kozawah Incarnic (None/Magicka/Healer)
    Level 4 DK- Trecldur (Magicka)
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You think it's hard to survive on a Nightblade? You've apparently not played a Templar or DK this patch. Second only to magicka Sorcerers, Nightblades have the best survivability in the game, no question.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^^^^ Magicka user ^^^^

Yeah but having 2 over time heals, along with having a lot of CP could make the combo OP or cheesy. I'm a low vet, with some lower characters; I still see it as cheesy. Both are low cost and magicka classes don't really have a good magicka version of it, unless you are a Templar.

Yes but again need a lot of CP to make them OP and the root of it they still are HOTs and like all other HOTs and DOTs they need to be stacked to be effective. So even if a player has low CP they'll just stack them with mutagen or healing ward or some other HOT.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cats and wood elves native to the faction.
  • Deandril
    Deandril
    ✭✭✭
    rossvoss wrote: »

Just think for every nightblade you see and fight there are probably a couple dozen more in the area(general) you don't see. My characters are all AD so I get to see any AD that are stealthed. There probably are way more than you ever imagined!
    Edited by Deandril on December 28, 2015 11:14PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just think for every nightblade you see and fight there are probably a couple dozen more in the area

Ha...you ain't kidding. As an AD player, let me assure all EP and DC players out there that for every NB you find and kill after a siege, there are ten sitting in the hills watching you. Tread lightly, and don't stray too far from the pack...our knives are sharp and our mercy little.

But seriously...the hills are full of escaped Nightblades. It's funny sometimes.
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Just think for every nightblade you see and fight there are probably a couple dozen more in the area

Ha...you ain't kidding. As an AD player, let me assure all EP and DC players out there that for every NB you find and kill after a siege, there are ten sitting in the hills watching you. Tread lightly, and don't stray too far from the pack...our knives are sharp and our mercy little.

But seriously...the hills are full of escaped Nightblades. It's funny sometimes.

"The Hills Have Nightblades"