Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Common or reasonable prices for tempers?

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If you do a lot of crafting and trading, what would you say is a fair price range at the moment for tempers to improve the three armor types to blue, purple, and gold?

Light/Medium
Embroidery
Elegant Lining
Dreugh Wax

Heavy
Dwarven Oil
Grain Solvent
Tempering Alloy

I see tempers for sale at guild merchants but I have no idea which prices are good deals and which are just set in the hopes of finding a customer with no idea of what the items are actually worth.
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for gold i never spent over 2.5k, usually waited for 2k. Lately theres been alot of spamming for 3k+ but i wouldnt pay that
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for gold i never spent over 2.5k, usually waited for 2k. Lately theres been alot of spamming for 3k+ but i wouldnt pay that

I am guessing that is per single item. Any idea on a good price to pay for purple?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    My rule of thumb has been: Blue = 500g, Purple=1000g, Gold=2.5k are the going rates. Anything better than that is a good deal, anything more is too much for me. If you shop around at Guild Traders in the Capitals of each faction (7 traders) or main city of each zone (5 traders), you can usually find a little lower than the going rate.
    Edited by Tarukmockto on October 6, 2014 7:43PM
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see tempers for sale at guild merchants but I have no idea which prices are good deals and which are just set in the hopes of finding a customer with no idea of what the items are actually worth.

The price's seem to vary. They tend to be a bit lower right now as people are refining mats to get the Achievements for the Dyes.

What I do is poll each trader I come to and look for the prices on Tempers, and if I see any that are priced lower than other vendors I buy them. The trick is to look at the Stacks of Tempers as that can have the best prices per unit.

Personally, I won't spend more than 200 on a Blue, 300 to 500 on a Purple, and have no desire to make Legendary (and have enough tempers for that anyway if I ever do make it). Anyway, it takes some hunting to find these prices, but I will buy them even if I don't need them at these prices.

That being said, it is usually 20 to 30 Green, 200 to 500 Blue, 600 to 1000 Purple, 2000 to 2500 Gold from most vendors on these. But I have noticed pricing dropping lately, probably due to all the Refining that is going on.
    Edited by Nestor on October 7, 2014 10:41PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I usually see (EU) is 300-400 for rare, ~1'000 for epic and ~2.5-3.5k for legendary tempers.
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Here are the current prices, gathered from what I manage to sell in guildstores and what I don't (EU server) :

Light/Medium
    Embroidery 180g
    Elegant Lining 750g
    Dreugh Wax 4300g

Heavy
    Dwarven Oil 210g
    Grain Solvent 750g
    Tempering Alloy 4000g

Wood
    Turpen 160g
    Mastic 600g
    Rosin 4300g
    Edited by Gyudan on October 7, 2014 9:43PM
    Wololo.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that prices on EU are usually higher than on NA.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

It's the Exchange Rate.....

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    NA server, I put my extra golds in our trade guild that is in Craglorn. I sell two at a time for 5,800g which is 2,900g each (I wasn't a common core student so I can calculate that quickly ;/). They sell by the time I get home from work. I only list them for this because of the overhead I get charged. If I sell them in chat, I sell for 2,700g each. I have people whispering me to sell for 2k-2.5k... but I don't, because they sell fast enough at my price. I wouldn't pay more than 3k personally.
    Are you not entertained?
    On my command, unleash hell!
    What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    I'll throw in some of my numbers as well for you, these are in the last week on EU server

Embroidery
    5 stack of 100 for 15000gold pr stack

Dreugh Wax
    30 for 3000 pr item

Dwarven Oil
    2 stack of 100 for 25000 gold pr stack

Grain Solvent
    1 stack of 100 for 75000 gold pr stack

Turpen
    1 stack of 100 for 15000 gold pr stack
    Edited by Bazzakrak on October 10, 2014 7:16AM
    We're born, we live, we die. And along the way, you do the best with whatever crap you step in :p

I'm stranded all alone in the gas station of love, And I have to use the self-service pumps <3

Post Hoc Ergo Proptor Hoc o:)

Motivation alone is not enough. If i had an idiot with me and i motivated him, then i will have a motivated idiot to do stuff :s
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    Greens -500
    Blues 450
    Purps 1.2
    Gold 4k-4.5 for Kutas.

EU.
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have heard a rumor that Tempers are going up for sale in the Crown Store soon, is this true @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally do

Green - 200
    Blue - 500
    Purple - 1k
    Gold - 5k

and they seem to sell at a decent rate.

I am on PS4 NA.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4NA

I can sell Tempers in stacks of eight for 10K apiece all day long.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

Prices on console seem to be higher than PC aswell.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thread necromancy! Mmmmm

Yellows have gone up on PC/EU...

Tempering alloy is 8k+
    Wax is 5k
    Kuta 11k
    Rosin 3k

So pretty steep. Wax has been going up over the past few weeks... it was at around 3.5k not long ago.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep necro thread. But still relevant I guess. I usually only sell my Kutas, saving the others for my vr16 gear once I have the stuff.

Sell 3 for 50k and it sells fast. So it's a nice little income to buy motifs with :mrgreen:

PS EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep necro thread. But still relevant I guess. I usually only sell my Kutas, saving the others for my vr16 gear once I have the stuff.

Sell 3 for 50k and it sells fast. So it's a nice little income to buy motifs with :mrgreen:

PS EU

Ouch. I paid 13k at most per kuta, 10k every once in a while.

Purp 400 to 800

Dreugh wax 3k
    Tempering alloy 4.5 to 6k
    Rosin?

Was huntin last night and that's wut I found (I did pick up 8 dreugh wax for 2.2k ea last night, woot :)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do a lot of crafting and trading, what would you say is a fair price range at the moment for tempers to improve the three armor types to blue, purple, and gold?

Light/Medium
    Embroidery 75g-150g
    Elegant Lining 175g-300g
    Dreugh Wax 1.5k-2.2k

Heavy
    Dwarven Oil 100g-250g
    Grain Solvent 375g-675g
    Tempering Alloy Prior to Orsinium they were around 4.2k, now are as high as 8k

I updated the last prices I saw per temper on the PC NA server.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4NA

I can sell Tempers in stacks of eight for 10K apiece all day long.

If I am patient tempering alloy goes for 15k 12k sells a bit faster though.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • olimarfreak
    olimarfreak
    ✭✭
    Damn those rate were a dream ;D

EU Server the prices are now:

Wax: 5-6k
    Alloy: 10-15k
    Kuta went from 12k to 20k
    PS4 - EU - PSN: olimarfr34k / YT: olimarfr34k ESO
    CP600+

Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | VMSA Flawless 548k | Immortalix (AD)
    Redguard Stamina Templar | VMSA Flawless 558k | Jab on Em (DC)
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer | VMSA Stormproof 557k | Slippery when wêt (EP)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Bombblade Setup | VMSA Stormproof 552k | Emilio La Gucci (AD)
    Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight | PvE only | VMSA Stormproof 510k | Cat with Hella Dots (DC)
    Khajiit Stamina Nightblade | PvP only | Shadowmeow (AD)
    Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight | PvP only | Saltbae (AD)

Soon: Magicka Templar

Vet & HM Clear
    MoL, AA, HRC, SO

#PwNeD is BACK!