The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Suggestion for a dungeon

Shadowstep2003
Shadowstep2003
✭✭✭
I know thieves guild is coming soon and I had a suggestion in terms of dungeon design.

It would be really awesome to enter a dungeon and have each member choose from a weapon rack that provides new unique preset skills
on both bars.

There would be a weapon providing skills for a healer, tank, and dps role with each one being essential/mandatory to completion of
said dungeon.

I think that with these presets the opportunity for unique and finely tuned encounters would be greatly increased as the developers would only need to take into
account the preset skills being used.

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely an original idea. Not sure how the players who love to run dungeons would take to it, given how much work they put into leveling up skills and farming gear for their preferred builds. I'd be curious to see how this idea fares in a poll.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. Diversity in end game is the way to go. If we had trials, VDSA, that form of dungeon you suggest, etc as scaled V16 end game with good rewards, ESO would be THE mmo to go for raiders.
    Options
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea. They would be incompetent not to take some pointers
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know thieves guild is coming soon and I had a suggestion in terms of dungeon design.

It would be really awesome to enter a dungeon and have each member choose from a weapon rack that provides new unique preset skills
    on both bars.

There would be a weapon providing skills for a healer, tank, and dps role with each one being essential/mandatory to completion of
    said dungeon.

I think that with these presets the opportunity for unique and finely tuned encounters would be greatly increased as the developers would only need to take into

Interesting idea...

To bad they couldn't create a dungeon that changes your class skills on you. Say your a Templar healer and then go into the Dungeon and are transformed into a DK Tank making you play an entirely different role. It'll never happen but would be quite the spin on a normal dungeon run....
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Shadowstep2003
    Shadowstep2003
    ✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

on both bars.

said dungeon.

Interesting idea...

To bad they couldn't create a dungeon that changes your class skills on you. Say your a Templar healer and then go into the Dungeon and are transformed into a DK Tank making you play an entirely different role. It'll never happen but would be quite the spin on a normal dungeon run....

Well I imagine it'd be similar to transforming to a werewolf or vampire except you pick up the weapon and it changes your bars. The player would be able to pick whatever role they wanted from the weapons on the weapon rack.

Options
  • CavalierPrime
    CavalierPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of a weapon rack with ultra powerful weapons that can only be wielded in that particular instance. Say the final boss is so confident in his abilities, he offers you these weapons because he sees you as an insect and it would be beneath him to kill you unless youre using these weapons. 1-piece set weapons with ridiculous enchants. But maybe once the boss is almost dead, he rips the weapons from your hands and they start magically attacking you Aetherian Archive style. Nah thats too cheesy, but the potential is there.

I also absolutely love the final boss mechanic in Vaults of Madness where he shatters the church windows and from inside the bubble, the glass shards explode in slow motion. I would like more of those kind of epic effects in dungeons.
    Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure I'd like all my skills changed in order to l2p all over again just for a single dungeon. Perhaps a unique skill or two you could pick up at entrance that'd only work in that dungeon and be necessary for completing that dungeon(as in not something forced "just because" but something needed to counteract its mechanics)? That could be interesting.
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What helm do we get?
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero