Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Racial Motif Help

Pink_Violinz
Pink_Violinz
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been looking at buying a Xivkyn motif with crowns. However, I already have the helmet and boots learned. Will I still be able to use the full motif or will this mess with it at all?
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never tried this but it would be kinda dumb if you couldn't, so I'm gonna guess you can and it'll just overwrite them. Don't quote me though :P
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recomend you buy the rare motifs from crown store, not the xivkyn one - it's so farmed, that the prices have dropped ..the pieces cost between 200g - 35k in stores now.

If you choose to buy it, I wish you good luck. Yeah it should overwrite them, but don't quote me on it either :P
  • Marukeru
    Marukeru
    ✭✭
    In theory, what would happen is you would consume the Xivkyn Racial Motif (which is supposed to unlock all individual Motifs), however, since you already have learned the Helmet and Boots, it should create a bound version of each individual Motif.

You cannot sell/trade these, but can use them on another character on your account.

I only bring this theory up because I have seen people linking in chat, as they were trying to sell, a Bound Motif. I assume this is how they came to possess it.
  • Young_Archiebold
    Young_Archiebold
    ✭✭✭
    Nah your good, I had the glass helm and boots but I used the sale on crowns they had to get the motif, but if you have a steady source of gold then I suggest buying it or the individual pages, like another has said its gone down quite a bit.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you already know chapters, no problem. The book will give you the complete set of chapters.

The only downside is you wasted chapters that you could have given to an alt instead.

I am on the fence about Crowning it or buying it. I bought the entire Mercenary set for 2K to 3K per chapter. If I can find Xyvakhin the same way, no Crown. I did buy the glass one as after all this time, I only had 5 chapter fragments, so just half a chapter.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Heroborg
    Heroborg
    ✭✭
    When you buy the motif you get all the sheets seperated but they are bound so learn all you can then sell/destroy the ones you have if you cant learn them.
    Daggerfall Covenant Loyalist