The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Should ZOS Give Execute Ability to Dragonknights ?

• Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    No (i am a troll)
    Axorn wrote: »
    I dont see molten armaments as an execute ability its just a nonsensical ability heavy attacks can be blocked easly and blocked heavy attacks puts you in off balance state which makes the ability useless its not beneficial. Also its not practical in combat especially in lag fest cyrodiil
    What I said before. People refuse to accept it as execute although it is in every sense an execute ability. Look more into it, put champion points where they matter and you will execute people in PVP and see your dps go up in execute phase in PVE. MA is an excellent execute when proper attention is paid to it.
    Options
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Katinas wrote: »
    I dont see molten armaments as an execute ability its just a nonsensical ability heavy attacks can be blocked easly and blocked heavy attacks puts you in off balance state which makes the ability useless its not beneficial. Also its not practical in combat especially in lag fest cyrodiil
    What I said before. People refuse to accept it as execute although it is in every sense an execute ability. Look more into it, put champion points where they matter and you will execute people in PVP and see your dps go up in execute phase in PVE. MA is an excellent execute when proper attention is paid to it.

problem is it's easly blocked and if it's blocked you end up hurting yourself more then the opponent. that's the problem
    Options
  • Flak
    Flak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Execute, Gap-Closer, Speedbuff, a descent self-heal. At least two of them would put put the DK on level of the other classes.

GM of the progressive raiding Guild Ghosts and Goblins | Recruitment: Open

Roster

Flák - 50 Magicka DK DD
    Toxic Flák - 50 Stamina DK DD
    Flakká - 50 Magicka NB DD
    Sonic Flák - 50 Stam-Sorc DD
    Flákjack - 50 Stamplar DD
    Flák the Ripper - 50 StamNB DD
    Flakster - 50 Magicka Sorc DD
    Overwhelming Flak - 50 Magicka Templar Healer/DD
    Full Metal Flák - 50 Stamina DK Tank
    All Pact

YouTube
    Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serious discussions should not start with a biased and insulting poll.
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No (i am a troll)
    Artjuh90 wrote: »
    for those who start about DK being the tank class they might have missed a large part of the advertising of this game.
    other then MMO's like WoW ZoS wanted to allow players to play any role with any class. that's why a sorc can wear heavy armor and a dk can be a mage casting in light armor (ye i know this is kinda the weakest class atm but that's not what this is about) for high dps purposes in PvP and PvE a execute is necessary. in the time you do a heavy atk a NB can use kiler blade 2-3 times not even calculating AC. sure NB are more squisy and i wouldn't mind if their DPS was a bit higher but these differences are extreme

And you missed the point of the advertisement. It's "play the way you want", not "win the way you want". Every class has a certain theme, whether you want to admit it or not.
    Nb is the rogue, sorc the ranged caster, templar healer, and dk fire tank. You can stray off the path and still have fun, but don't deny that every class was designed with a certain role/theme in mind.
    With that said, dks don't need an execute, they need more survivability
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Yes. My DK is lvl 25 (Apollo Creed) and what put me off when lvling him, was that there was no stamina equivalent of Lava Whip, and no execute. :\

Wrecking Blow is your execute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbICmSleqPs

hahahah yeah, I guess so... good point!
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

Options
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Etaniel wrote: »
    for those who start about DK being the tank class they might have missed a large part of the advertising of this game.
    other then MMO's like WoW ZoS wanted to allow players to play any role with any class. that's why a sorc can wear heavy armor and a dk can be a mage casting in light armor (ye i know this is kinda the weakest class atm but that's not what this is about) for high dps purposes in PvP and PvE a execute is necessary. in the time you do a heavy atk a NB can use kiler blade 2-3 times not even calculating AC. sure NB are more squisy and i wouldn't mind if their DPS was a bit higher but these differences are extreme

And you missed the point of the advertisement. It's "play the way you want", not "win the way you want". Every class has a certain theme, whether you want to admit it or not.
    Nb is the rogue, sorc the ranged caster, templar healer, and dk fire tank. You can stray off the path and still have fun, but don't deny that every class was designed with a certain role/theme in mind.

So, to get people to think about it and ask more questions: With that logic in mind, why then would a Templar "healer class" need a class based execute?

I think maybe that what many people are salty about: DK's aren't even given the option of the execute.
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No (i am a troll)
    Morozov wrote: »

So, to get people to think about it and ask more questions: With that logic in mind, why then would a Templar "healer class" need a class based execute?

I think maybe that what many people are salty about: DK's aren't even given the option of the execute.

Where did I say I agreed with templars having Jesus Beam?
    It's the problem with most class balancing in mmos, classes start out very unique and people complain that the playing field isn't fair, and we end up with classes that all do the same thing.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morozov wrote: »

Where did I say I agreed with templars having Jesus Beam?
    It's the problem with most class balancing in mmos, classes start out very unique and people complain that the playing field isn't fair, and we end up with classes that all do the same thing.

Agreed. That is why I think instead of a class execute, DK should be immune to execute instead.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • Ruben
    Ruben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    Agreed. That is why I think instead of a class execute, DK should be immune to execute instead.

Extremely useful in PvE.
    DK Stamina DPS
    DK Magicka DPS
    DK Tank
    Templar Healer
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ruben wrote: »
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

Extremely useful in PvE.

I'm going to reply on the basis that you are being sarcastic. lol

What part of PVE content do you 'need' a class execute for?
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Radiant destruction isn't working too well on my stamplar as an execute. If you're talking execute's all around, might as well throw everybody one for both stam and mag.
    Options
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    No (i am a troll)
    Whip already hits upwards of 20k lmao. If it were an execute we'd start seeing 80k whips. That's absurd.
    I'm all for making whip an execute, but let's make it not scale with standard, also let's reduce the damage it does so it's not an absurd amount. Seriously, you must not play PvE, that would ruin the class balance. DK's are already top of the list in terms of sustainable DPS.
    Options
  • Runaan
    Runaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    No (i am a troll)
    ^ and also a Sorc.
    Runaan Fortis
    Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
    Options
  • NoMaassPliz
    NoMaassPliz
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Alucardo wrote: »
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    DKs are op. One killed me earlier and that's not supposed to happen

It's obvious you were afk or something

amazing
    Options
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    OGLezard wrote: »
    You do realize they do in fact have an execute....it just isn't like what you want it to be. Increased damage with weapons the lower health your target gets.

If we are honest you are not playing a magicka dk so that execute is perfect for all the wb spamming DKs we have now days
    Molten Armaments isn't very helpful to certain roles, though. The fact that it only works with heavy attacks - when, as a Dragonknight Healer, do I have time to sit around spamming heavy attacks on a dying boss? Whereas my Sorcerer Healer can cast Mages' Wrath in between heals, and my Templar Healer can channel Radiant Destruction then cast a Breath of Life.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    OGLezard wrote: »
    You do realize they do in fact have an execute....it just isn't like what you want it to be. Increased damage with weapons the lower health your target gets.

If we are honest you are not playing a magicka dk so that execute is perfect for all the wb spamming DKs we have now days

That is only an execute for 2h, dw, bow and inferno staff and the first 3 are only if you're stam. A mag dk running snb or dw in pvp has 0 execute. If they turned molten arma into just a general skill damage boost in execute range, lets say a 50% damage boost to low health targets I could see it actually being very useful even though it's not being totally revamped. Would work similar to the dw passive.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (i am a troll)
    No. we already have one. If you can't utilize it correctly it's your own fault.
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Inferno as execute! (1 Magicla and 1 Stamina morphs)
    Reasons:
    1) Nobody uses it, almost useless atm;
    2) Flame dmg skill: come on ZOS we are Dragonknight, we are supposed to breath fire like dragons! Plus more stamina DK's could start putting CP in Elemental Expert and play the class as it should be played;
    (DISCLAIMER: remember there is Elemental Defender but no "Physical dmg" mitigation CP)
    3) Such a good name for the skill, imagine to see "You killed X with Inferno";
    Show DK's some love!
    Edited by Aunatar on December 15, 2015 11:34AM
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
    Options
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    i'm not fussed about the execute as much as comparing other skills useful for PvP
    • Damage Spam
    • Gap closer
    • Self Heal
    • protection method
    • movement speed
    • Crowd control
    and then comparing the classes to this basis. I feel the execute is not such a big deal, but there are some classes that are lacking when stamina/magicka or because of broken skills . There is no reason to give an ability to a class, the class can stay unique but its strengths and weaknesses need to be considered and in some cases enhanced/fixed to be on par.
    Night blades: [23]
    Damage Spam - surprise attack/concealed weapon/swallow soul - * * * *
    Gap closer - ambush/lotus fan- * * * * *
    Self Heal - sap essence/swallow soul- * *
    Protection Method - blur/cloak - * * *
    Movement Speed - blur/concealed weapon/shadowy image - * * * *
    Crowd Control - Mass Hysteria - * * * * *

Sorcerer: [23]
    Damage Spam - crystal frags - * * * * *
    Gap closer - none- *
    Self Heal - crit surge- * *
    Protection Method - Hardened Ward - * * * * *
    Movement Speed - Lightening form / bolt - * * * * *
    Crowd Control - encase/rune cage/daedric mines - * * * * *

Dragon Knight: [17]
    Damage Spam - Flame lash/whip - * * *
    Gap closer - Chains- * * * [because bugged]
    Self Heal - dragons blood- * *
    Protection Method - reflective scale - * * * [because bugged]
    Movement Speed - None - *
    Crowd Control - Talons/Fossilize - * * * * *

Templar: [17]
    Damage Spam - sweep/jabs - * * * *
    Gap closer - toppling charge- * * * [bugged?]
    Self Heal - Breath of Light- * * * * *
    Protection Method - rune focus? - *
    Movement Speed - None - **[/b]
    Crowd Control - charge/Javelin - * * *
    (disclaimer: no experience with templar class)

one could argue a * more or less depending on stamina/magicka but its not a million miles off to my mind.

But when you then factor in other options some of these weaknesses can be mitigated more easily than others. Introduce say a restoration staff's healing ward combined with a cloak or a hardened ward suddenly poor healing is not such a weakness.
    use a weapon for damage spam on a stam DK and gap closer + vigor suddenly its strengths and weaknesses have all improved but it's CC/reflective scales usage are more limited due to being magicka based.
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can DK's at least admit they have an execute? And 2 gap closers (knowing one is an ultimate)? Or is it just 'I don''t like the skills and therefore they don't exist' kind of a thing? Instead of saying you don't have them, why not say why you don't like the ones you already, you know, have?
    Options
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    CP5 wrote: »
    Can DK's at least admit they have an execute? And 2 gap closers (knowing one is an ultimate)? Or is it just 'I don''t like the skills and therefore they don't exist' kind of a thing? Instead of saying you don't have them, why not say why you don't like the ones you already, you know, have?

molten armaments is not execute its only boost your heavy attack damage on low health targets and heavy attack is not a class ability and can be blocked easly and put you off balance state.
    Edited by Julianos on December 15, 2015 2:41PM
    Options
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Every Class has an execute ability. Sorcerer have mage's fury, nightblade have assassin's blade and templar have radiant destruction but there is no any execute ability for dragonknights. Its not fair especially for magicka dragonknights like me.

My suggestion is make the lava whip execute for under %25 health targets without reducing its damage. It would be fair.

I'll trade you my Radiant Destruction for Lava Whip as it is right now.

Yes, DK should have execute option. No i don't think Lava Whip should be it. That would be like making Sneak Attack, jabs, WB, and Steel Tornado execute ... wait. one of those already do. It should be a dedicated execute skill.

Molten Weapon does do execute damage but with FULLY charged heavy attacks. Being that DK is the DOT class it would be fitting to have a DOT execute but with DOTs beings so easily dropped and mitigated it probably wouldn't be right. Where can I spend CP for Decreased damage from AOE?

I thought something like Searing Strike would be decent if it applied a DOT that execute, but not SS. Though SS has a stam morph so with a stam whip it could reduce the number of people dependent on 2 handed. Both would have to be pretty powerful to over come WB, and Executioner (Empower/increase damage) unless ZOS is going to give 2 hander a bit of a nerf. Also DK gap closer is bugs buggy so Crit Charge is 1 of 2 options.

Inferno stinks. The buffs could be moved to Molton weapons.I don't understand why MW is the way it is. 40% fully charged weapon attack? Why not give Brutality and Sorcery there and replace Inferno with an execute ability? I don't know what this would do to overall DPS. I'm not a fan of DK and Crits buffs from Inferno though. I think a DK should be more about sustain DPS rather then burst.

Just some thoughts. I havne't played my DK in while. Still in Silks of the Sun.
    Options
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Praeficere wrote: »
    Junkogen wrote: »
    So many people just want all the classes to be cookie cutter.

Maybe we should just remove all the classes and have one build for all.

That's what people want mate, and it's already happening. Little class diversity. If I see a Stamina Whip appear in the game.....

Like stamina builds?

I would say stamina builds lack diversity. To have diversity you need options. 2 Handed is like having Toppling charge (only better), Crystal Shards (that can't be interrupted), and Assassins Blade in 1 tree. Then there's Rally. Is there a stronger tree in the game? DW needs to be better or classes needs stam options to replace 2 handed line.

The 3 current executes are all different ...
    • Sorc is like a curse, that can also be used as a ranged execute. In addition to the passive execute.
    • NB is fast and nasty, with a magicka range option.
    • Templars has is a channel/DOT can be dodged or interrupted like so many of their skills.
    • DK should get a DOT execute as that is what they used to be known for so it can be Cloaked and purged like so many of their skills.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

molten armaments is not execute its only boost your heavy attack damage on low health targets and heavy attack is not a class ability and can be blocked easly and put you off balance state.

Bonus damage on low health targets, on a skill that also buffs the base damage of heavy attacks. Sorry you don't like it but that is what the class has. If having the strongest heavy attacks, an attack most people don't expect to be damaging and can therefore be blindsided by, then take that up with ZOS. Its just this cycle of 'we don't have this' or 'we don't have that' when your class does that's getting old.
    Options
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could give us Radiant Destruction. Scales of stam of course. Lol
    Edited by robkrush on December 15, 2015 5:11PM
    PS4-NA-DC
    PSN: robkrush

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    ZOS, 1-12-2016
    Options