Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Haunted Crafting Stations

magnusthorek
magnusthorek
✭✭✭✭✭
Today I've got a moderately decent crafting contract for a full set of armor and weapons, upgraded and enchanted. I did the research, listed the materials, the costs (ridiculously low due MM data manipulation) but even so it would result in 10k of profit. I could go further, but I'm no mercenary.

Traveled to craft stations, configured level, material, style, everything correctly for a VR9 set and started crafting trusting the game wouldn't screw me AGAIN. Upgraded everything, checking once in a while to see if I wasn't upgrading my own stuff by accident (it happened once >.<) or if my generic mouse clicked enough times the arrows to get me 100% chances (it also happened >.<) and finally, when l was enchanting the gear one of the glyphs didn't match the level.

WTF...

I checked my inventory and two swords weren't created as VR11 instead of VR9. I assumed the damage of almost 10k in materials and upgrades and crafted them again. I don't know in which patch crafting stations started to memorize gear definitions, but when I went craft the weapons again, it was everything set correctly as VR9. o.O

This means that I set everything right for the first time, and the game memorized correctly. So why the heck I ended with wrongly crafted (and upgraded items)?

Fine, I should checked more carefully before authorize the station to upgrade, but once the game provides a memory mechanism, I could enjoy some inertia and work with less attention than I used to prior this mentioned patch.

And like I said above, it wasn't the first time. As soon I've got access to my Orsinium DLC I started gathering materials for mt VR16 light armor. Prior the DLC being purchased I already maxed my professions spending the appropriate skill point to the level 10. No big deal, it was affecting only Alchemy with Star Dew

When I finally unlocked Orsinium, writs started asking for VR15 gears too and, for example Ancestor Silk is VERY a scarce material, in terms of available nodes in the wilds. Getting 150 for a VR16 armor isn't easy. And not only once but for two times, while crafting such gear for writs, the same "haunting" ended creating VR16 items instead of VR15 and I wasted 300 Ancestor Silk. At that time this was +/- 50k wasted because of this bug.
I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    They actually said that they fixed it. But it still happens to me.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is it where the representation on the crafting screen differs from the end product when going to enchant?

Seems like nothing changes until after its upgraded but before its enchanted...right?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never ever happened to me. I crafted probably 500+ items.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The level jumping has to do with crafting addons unless your not on PC. I am on PC and this happens when you have certain addons. The level can go up or down on the items your crafting when you change from Belt to Gloves etc. I use the special crafting locations addon and that could be the culprit.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is, for some reason the game takes the number of mats you use on the first piece and applies it to the next one you select. So, if the next item would take less items to make than the previous one, then the level goes up, and the opposite if the next item takes more mats.

The fix they put in place was to stop the items from resetting back to the lowest level for the materials you are using, but they triggered it on mat count, not the level of the item.

In other words, double check each and every item before its made to make sure it is making the level of gear you want.
    Edited by Nestor on December 10, 2015 9:36PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The issue is, for some reason the game takes the number of mats you use on the first piece and applies it to the next one you select.

It needs to be fixed.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niaver wrote: »
    The issue is, for some reason the game takes the number of mats you use on the first piece and applies it to the next one you select.

It needs to be fixed.

I agree, but they don't let me program the game. Which is probably a good thing.......

• sekhem
    sekhem
    ✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    The level jumping has to do with crafting addons unless your not on PC. I am on PC and this happens when you have certain addons. The level can go up or down on the items your crafting when you change from Belt to Gloves etc. I use the special crafting locations addon and that could be the culprit.

Im on Ps4 and I always have to check that the right number of material items makes the level I am after when switching between armor items. Its tedious but worth it to me to double check.
    The Dr found that his stars had decayed. Why didn't he keep them in the fridge? lol

PS4 NA dobby_of_doom
    now also PC NA...I have no idea what I'm doing...
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They actually said that they fixed it. But it still happens to me.
    I had that happen crafting a VR16 set, and I forgot about it. I ended up with 3X VR15 pieces an 2X VR16, and after deconning the VR15 pieces... ended up missing enough Rubedo to finish my VR16 set. Miffed.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is, for some reason the game takes the number of mats you use on the first piece and applies it to the next one you select. So, if the next item would take less items to make than the previous one, then the level goes up, and the opposite if the next item takes more mats.
    I didn't think anyone would understand, but that's precisely what happened. The first item I was creating was a maul and after that, swords.

First time this happened I thought it could be an addon messing things. I don't use them for crafting ever since.

This must be fixed as soon as possible otherwise crafters will get so paranoid in getting damaged that they simply won't craft anything for other players.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is why when I was crafting my Julianos gear for my v16 it took me like 3 minutes per piece to triple check its level, is its trait applied, what its motif is, and then do it obsessively half a dozen more times eyeballing with both eyes before pressing E. Then I cringe on the final tooltip popup as I make sure yet again that it's all correct, breathe a sigh of relief and leave.

I thought this thread was going to be about the random woman/daedra? screaming at me when I linger too long at the Julianos station, wth is up with that!?
    love is love
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to craft 2 v16 swords for a player today

I had to check, double and triple check to see if it had the right lvl, trait and style

As a wise man once said: "Never assume anything". Especially when crafting for other ppl. Take your time to recheck everything and if everything is in order then craft it

(BTW, that wise man was Burt Gummer :p )
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The amount of material changes based on the current type you are selected.

So if I'm currently on the Feet, and it requires 17 material, and I switch over to Chests, it'll be the same material but different level because it is a Big Piece and not a Small Piece (Shoulders, Sash, Gloves, Boots)
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

It needs to be fixed.

+1
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think anyone would understand, but that's precisely what happened. The first item I was creating was a maul and after that, swords.
    The exact same thing happened to, but it was when I was trying to make VR12 gear and some VR9 got made instead. And, yes I did not notice until after I upgraded the items to Gold. So you are not the only one this has happened to.

Edited by Nestor on December 11, 2015 9:47PM