The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

LOL...non-crafters passing v15 nodes

Ourorboros
Ourorboros
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
How funny is it to see someone running past a ruby ash log or rubedite node, and you stroll over and harvest it? Obviously that someone is not 10/10 in passives (and hopefully not an idiot). I LOVE when this happens, and I'm laughing all the way to the bank and crafting table. :DB)>:)
PC/NA/DC
Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they haven't got the ability to see the nodes in smoke. Or like you said don't craft. I am straight on it when I see that red node.
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they don't have their crafting passive maxed at Rank 10 it will not be Ruby anything to them. Rather ridiculous thing to laugh at if you ask me but whatever floats your boat lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they don't have their crafting passive maxed at Rank 10 it will not be Ruby anything to them. Rather ridiculous thing to laugh at if you ask me but whatever floats your boat lol

So you don't share my tasteless sense of humor.....great. But not sure ridiculous is a word you should be throwing around. Someone with a thinner skin could be offended. :s
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    But not sure ridiculous is a word you should be throwing around.

I was thinking the same thing about your use of the word IDIOT in your original post.

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So you don't share my tasteless sense of humor.....great. But not sure ridiculous is a word you should be throwing around. Someone with a thinner skin could be offended. :s

It's not meant to slander your sense of humor, it's just kind of hard to see the humor in laughing at someone for passing something you see that they actually don't see lol

Now if they do actually see it and pass it anyway then have fun :p
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on November 21, 2015 6:07PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How funny is it to see someone running past a ruby ash log or rubedite node, and you stroll over and harvest it? Obviously that someone is not 10/10 in passives (and hopefully not an idiot). I LOVE when this happens, and I'm laughing all the way to the bank and crafting table. :DB)>:)

Well thanks for taking the time out of your busy work at the crafting table to let us all know how smug and arrogant you are and honestly undeserving of anyone's business in the game with that attitude.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there OP :D

I don't pick up nodes in Wrothgar, and I am a master crafter with all traits and crafts maxed, passives spent too. What you prioritize in this game, I see as a loss of profit - this way we can laugh at eachother ^^
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But not sure ridiculous is a word you should be throwing around.

I was thinking the same thing about your use of the word IDIOT in your original post.

With v15 mats going for between 200-500g, if you see it and don't get it, idiot comes to mind. Even with 4 mil in bank, I'm not passing on that.

PC/NA/DC
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather enjoy it when I'm harvesting a survey and there's some guy there trying to figure out what I'm doing. I've been followed around on occasion.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »

Well thanks for taking the time out of your busy work at the crafting table to let us all know how smug and arrogant you are and honestly undeserving of anyone's business in the game with that attitude.

I'll cop to smug. B) But not arrogant. I earned the right to craft anything, and harvest anything. It wasn't an accident. As for my attitude, there is nothing malicious in my post. Just poking a little fun at those who roam Wrothgar without the passives to get high end mats. If you don't like that, so be it.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »

I'll cop to smug. B) But not arrogant. I earned the right to craft anything, and harvest anything. It wasn't an accident. As for my attitude, there is nothing malicious in my post. Just poking a little fun at those who roam Wrothgar without the passives to get high end mats. If you don't like that, so be it.

Calling people idiots for not being as far along in the game as you, seems malicious to me. What exactly was the point? Trying to feel better about yourself?
    PS4 Pro NA
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather enjoy it when I'm harvesting a survey and there's some guy there trying to figure out what I'm doing. I've been followed around on occasion.

They are probably doing the same as you. The harvest animations play only on your client on yourself. Other players see you just moving and standing.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we are at the subject, there is another funny group, the speedfarmers, who pick only the red ones. They spend hours just galloping madly around. When i harvest, i pick all the nodes on quiet hours on smaller area. That keeps nodes respawning, and the yield of reds gets much better. Others naturally get their share, but by selecting right-sized area, i still get best results for me, as i control the spawns. Having said that, i still think limiting v15/16 mats is doing more harm than good, and all nodes should be reds. Unless, of course ZOS wanted people galloping madly around...
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    While we are at the subject, there is another funny group, the speedfarmers, who pick only the red ones. They spend hours just galloping madly around. When i harvest, i pick all the nodes

After all, when you refine matts, it isn't just the v15 raw matts that give you gold tempers.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vonovosi wrote: »
    While we are at the subject, there is another funny group, the speedfarmers, who pick only the red ones. They spend hours just galloping madly around. When i harvest, i pick all the nodes

After all, when you refine matts, it isn't just the v15 raw matts that give you gold tempers.

Indeed. The more you refine, the more tempers you will get. I rarely pass an ore of any level.
    PC/NA/DC
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are probably doing the same as you. The harvest animations play only on your client on yourself. Other players see you just moving and standing.

I can see other crafters doing what I'm doing as well. I have had a few people trying to figure out what I'm up to while I'm hoovering up a patch.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While we are at the subject, there is another funny group, the speedfarmers, who pick only the red ones. They spend hours just galloping madly around. When i harvest, i pick all the nodes on quiet hours on smaller area. That keeps nodes respawning, and the yield of reds gets much better. Others naturally get their share, but by selecting right-sized area, i still get best results for me, as i control the spawns. Having said that, i still think limiting v15/16 mats is doing more harm than good, and all nodes should be reds. Unless, of course ZOS wanted people galloping madly around...

I like to think of it as a karma kind of thing.

I'll harvest every node I come across,it doesn't matter if I don't get the respawn myself - let someone else get the good fortune if it spawns into something valuable.

I know it doesn't change my odds of getting anything good, but a more benevolent attitude makes me feel more appreciative when I am lucky, and less disappointed when I'm not.

It's like people rushing round Craggles desperate to find nirncrux. I take my own sweet time. I might not get there first, but who knows... maybe the hare will miss a respawn, while the tortoise's slow pace gives it the required time to take place.

• Dear
    Dear
    ✭✭✭
    Me running around ESO:

Oooh- shiny. *picks up*
    Ooooh...shiny. *harvests*
    Oooh-

And so on.

I don't even use wood or metal...
    ✉ DEAR | PC-NA | PVE | RP | BETA | NEWBIE | MAIN: MAROON |
      Petite||||||||||||Dual Nightblade|||||Wood Elf ♀||||Tailor and Assassin|||||Neutral Good|||||||Ebonheart||||||| Petite is happily married to Gigantic
      Bride|||||||||||||Storm Sorcerer|||||||High Elf ♀||||||Bored Provisioner|||||||Chaotic Good||||||Ebonheart|||||||| Bride wants to find and marry Groom
      Child|||||||||||||Bowman Knight||||||Wood Elf ♂||||Vampire Mercenary|||||Chaotic Evil|||||||||Dominion|||||||| Child is badly watched over by Adult
      Naive||||||||||||Healer Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Idealistic Shaman||||||||Lawful Good|||||||Dominion|||||||| Naive is a healer companion of Frail
      Maroon|||||||||Flame Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Vampire Alchemist||||||Neutral Evil||||||||||Daggerfall||||||| Maroon likes the color of your blood
    • dss
      dss
      Perhaps the OP doesn't realize that resources in Wrothgar are looted according to your crafting skill. So any character that is not also a woodworker, doesn't see ruby ash, they see maple (or whatever their woodworking skill is at).

I run my level 32 crafter over there because he gets either void or ruby nodes. My other characters who haven't reached 50 in wood/smithing/clothing never see ruby. Not even once. So stop laughing and thank them for not taking what is more valuable to you.
    • Nestor
      Nestor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have some high level VRs that have no points in Equipment Crafting and all they see is Iron or Jute or Maple in Wrothgar. I still don't know how I feel about that as these are the ones who would use those materials. My philosophy has always been, the character that needs the gear farms the mats for it.

But, I am not wasting 30 skills points to farm mats.
      Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
      Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jayne_Doe
      Jayne_Doe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

I like to think of it as a karma kind of thing.

I'll harvest every node I come across,it doesn't matter if I don't get the respawn myself - let someone else get the good fortune if it spawns into something valuable.

I know it doesn't change my odds of getting anything good, but a more benevolent attitude makes me feel more appreciative when I am lucky, and less disappointed when I'm not.

It's like people rushing round Craggles desperate to find nirncrux. I take my own sweet time. I might not get there first, but who knows... maybe the hare will miss a respawn, while the tortoise's slow pace gives it the required time to take place.

Exactly. I see all the alchemy harvesters speed running around the Hollow City, only picking up the big three. I go along behind them and pick up the wormwood because I know it won't respawn into something more valuable unless it's harvested. If you only harvest the big three, then when they respawn, it might be something less valuable and then all nodes are cornflower, etc. I guess they're just waiting for me to go around and refresh all the nodes for them, or they think the nodes magically turn into something else the next time they see it.
    • Waffennacht
      Waffennacht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      After... oh 1000 nightwoods and 400 ruby ash, I tend to start skipping them.

I pick up all blacksmithing and clothing mats, refining a stack is well worth it as one temper is worth 3 stacks.

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
      1300+ CP
      Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds