Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leveling my Nightblade

Mhylton44142
Mhylton44142
✭✭
I am running a level 37 stamina NB at the moment. DW and Bow are my weapons. I'm using 5 medium, 1 light, and 1 heavy for armor. I'm in Bangkorai and having a hard time on some of the elite bosses for some of the quests--If I'm doing a level 37 quest and come across level 38-39 enemies/bosses, it's frustrating because up until Alik'r Desert, I was able to pretty much solo all the quests. I am thinking I may need to switch back to 2H and Bow (use the bow at range then swap to 2H once they get close) since the wrecking blow does significantly more damage (almost 2400 damage per hit at my current level) and see if that helps along with the shield from brawler. Does this seem logical or should I use 2H (using Critical rush as a closer) and DW as my second weapon for the steel tornado AOE? Thanks.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you've got reliable self heals or are tanky, your best bet is to kite world bosses with your bow. Use Cripple if you need to in order to get a speed boost so you can stay out of range. Also, you can usually use cloak to create distance if things get dicey. DW/bow is a great combo for PVE, as it allows you to AOE trash packs with DW and kill bosses with your bow.

Some world bosses will be much more difficult than others because of their mechanics or attacks being more difficult to avoid. The caster ones are usually the toughest for a bow user since you still have to take some hits.

Alternately, you could probably do *ok* facetanking world bosses by using 2h if you have rally unlocked, and you consistently dodge and block at the appropriate times. Brawler alone is not a good single target ability due to the small shield and the small single target damage. Stamina sustain will become an issue.
    Edited by Kutsuu on November 30, 2015 2:41PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • KenCleanAirSystem
    KenCleanAirSystem
    ✭✭✭
    I would recommend using Ambush (stamina morph of Teleport Strike) as your gap closer (stun + empower your next attack), and Surprise Attack (stamina morph of Veiled Strike) for single target damage (debuff + good damage + instant cast). Until you get a good self heal (Rally, and/or Vigor) a decent heal + execute is Killer's Blade (stamina morph of Assassin's Blade), but self heals are a weak point for stamina NB's until Rally/Vigor.

Use your magicka pool for utility like Double Take (Blur morph) for dodge chance + Expedition. Mass Hysteria (Aspect of Terror morph) for crowd control. Dark Cloak for stealth and to purge DoTs. Relentless Focus (Grim Focus morph) for the damage and stamina regen buffs + a good (and free) single target damage effect when the special ability procs.
  • Mhylton44142
    Mhylton44142
    ✭✭
    I would recommend using Ambush (stamina morph of Teleport Strike) as your gap closer (stun + empower your next attack), and Surprise Attack (stamina morph of Veiled Strike) for single target damage (debuff + good damage + instant cast).

If I use teleport strike, then rally, which would do more damage: wrecking blow or surprise attack? Looking to maximize my damage potential..Using teleport strike does make more sense to me now as a gap closer than critical charge...thanks for helping me to see this...this is what I love about the forums: a lot of helpful people!
  • KenCleanAirSystem
    KenCleanAirSystem
    ✭✭✭
    Wrecking Blow does more damage on a per cast basis, but it has a 1 second cast time, where Surprise Attack is instant cast. Surprise Attack also adds a debuff to your target lowering their physical resistance, and can be used as a stun if cast from stealth. They are both good skills, but in most situations I prefer Surprise Attack.
    Edited by KenCleanAirSystem on November 30, 2015 3:36PM
  • Rokkar8
    Rokkar8
    ✭✭
    U can also use steel tornado to "kite bosses " because of its insane range #spintowin