Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for the #ESO #MillionReasonsToPlay $1,000,000 (USD) Giveaway

• Coldcell
    Coldcell
    Hello,

I have a question about my eligibility. I'm a Canadian who travels a lot. In 2014 when ESO came out, I created my account in one of the countries I was in. Right now my account's country is not in the eligible list.. How can I change the country of the account?
  • Lumifer
    Lumifer
    ✭✭
    Do I have to be an ESO Plus member when playing between December 3 and January 10?
    AD EU PC
    Filthy Casual
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »
    Seems like a waste of money to me. And why UK but no Ireland?

what a bs :D ... "cuz ireland is like super far"
    :D
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    why is mexico in that poll and not other countries :D

I betl ike 5 ppl play from mexico :D if even that :D
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • Hans_58
    Hans_58
    ✭✭
    Netherlands This country is not valid for this contest.
  • Hans_58
    Hans_58
    ✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    pema wrote: »
    Elloa wrote: »
    So poeple, do not complain about countries not being listed. Yeah it sucks and I feel for you. I'm from Belgium and i'm always EXCLUDED from every contest (even art contest, e-sport contest, fanstories contest etc) this is due to the LAWS of YOUR COUNTRY. Zenimax can not do anything about it.

I see Germany in there, they have even strickter rules then my own country, Holland.
    So no it's a choise, or they should have put more effort in it to get the right papers to do this everywere.

Germany may have stricter rules, but clearly they have one allowing the giving of a large sum of money without entry fees etc from a sweepstake style giveaway.

Holland is not a country it's a province
  • JoshDain
    JoshDain
    Soul Shriven
    I'm all enticed because of having already submitted an online entry not knowing if I have a do-not-track or cookie blocker setup I don't know if my entry even sent. I don't want to end up sending more than one entry since it is against the rules. I should have just done the mail-in entry. *sigh*

Aside from that, I am loving EOS so far. If I were to win the $1,000,000 I would dedicate it to allowing myself and my family to live healthy and I would put it towards a great education. *Probably buy myself a house also* If I were to win some crowns instead I don't know what I would spend it on, probably a expansion if I don't buy it before the sweepstakes is over, something cool though probably. :hushed:
  • Reaperofjustice
    Reaperofjustice
    Soul Shriven
    This is a great idea!

Why is it not possible to include ALL countries that are in the ESO community in this draw? It would be great to include all who buy into the community... The crown store prizes, at the very least, should be applicable if you have an account with ESO.

Hope to see this inclusion soon!
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NY state is not in the contest either. :s
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Nisto
    Nisto
    NY state is not in the contest either. :s

:o:|:/:(:'(:s:#:#:#
  • charlmgn
    charlmgn
    ✭✭✭
    Knaxia wrote: »
    Annnd Quebec isn't eligible to the contest....

Thank you ZoS.....

sigh

Don't thank ZOS... thank your local government. I am surprised at the hordes of players responding to the issue as if ZOS decided to throw a dart at the map and exclude the locations they hit.

If a country, region, state, etc., is excluded from the contest there must be more to it than ZOS's natural desire to make the maximum number of players suffer with the least amount of effort. To satisfy my curiosity in your case, since it was the first of many such comments, I made a quick search to find out what special rules Quebec has imposed on privately owned sweepstakes. You can check out contests.about.com/od/sweepstakes101/f/VoidinQuebec.htm if you're interested.

I will leave verification of why other locations are excluded as an exercise for the class, but I'm sure similar reasoning applies. I hope this helps.
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Usually, in these types of contests, countries that are excluded are done so because of the countries laws.

However, I live in the US, so I am in! Good luck all! :)
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • morones1972
    morones1972
    ✭✭
    Maybe good intentions, and initially seemed awesome. Until you go to the link provided and try to fill the form... And see that your country is "banned" for this and that (really, the customer / player should care?).

And then the excitement turns bitter and you realise it is just a huge insult, to all those who have been supporting ESO since Betas, from every corner of this PLANET.

Nice try, thanks for nothing.

I agree with this , they take my money since beta and are equal to the other that can partecipate in the contest so that's why you loose 1 player now , good job zenimax
  • Bane_of_Fringe
    Bane_of_Fringe
    ✭✭✭
    I like how these comments represent the stupidity and idiocy that makes up the ESO fanbase. Zenimax should have accounted for the ignorance of the people that gave them money.
    Characters:
    Bane of Fringe Vr-14
    Casts as Hatchling Vr-5
    Shinobu-chan Vr-1
    Holo the Wise and Cunning Vr-5
    Soft Rose Vr-1
    Svaedstrom Lowbie
    Man in the Fringe Vr-2
    Batul Gra-Sharob Vr-1

Previous vets:
    Jade Blossom Vr-1
    Man in the Fringe Vr-5
    RAGE
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    charlmgn wrote: »
    Knaxia wrote: »
    Annnd Quebec isn't eligible to the contest....

Thank you ZoS.....

sigh

Don't thank ZOS... thank your local government. I am surprised at the hordes of players responding to the issue as if ZOS decided to throw a dart at the map and exclude the locations they hit.

If a country, region, state, etc., is excluded from the contest there must be more to it than ZOS's natural desire to make the maximum number of players suffer with the least amount of effort. To satisfy my curiosity in your case, since it was the first of many such comments, I made a quick search to find out what special rules Quebec has imposed on privately owned sweepstakes. You can check out contests.about.com/od/sweepstakes101/f/VoidinQuebec.htm if you're interested.

I will leave verification of why other locations are excluded as an exercise for the class, but I'm sure similar reasoning applies. I hope this helps.

Oh thats harsh! Calling Zeni amateurs, tsk tsk.
  • morones1972
    morones1972
    ✭✭
    I like how these comments represent the stupidity and idiocy that makes up the ESO fanbase. Zenimax should have accounted for the ignorance of the people that gave them money.

So you're saying that it's my fault to live in italy and can't partecipate? or maybe Zenimax could try to offer to ALL the playerbase something like crown or in game pet instead real money to only a fraction of their playerbase .

I know it's hard maybe you live in country admitted to the lottery and it's all right to you but we paying customer excluded from the lottery cause zenimax choice to give away real money we are a bit upset, i feel disrespected and the actually situation of the game ( lag in pvp, broken class ) suggest that the 1 000 000 $ was spent better elsewhere in my opinion
  • BennyButton
    BennyButton
    ✭✭✭✭

So you're saying that it's my fault to live in italy and can't partecipate? or maybe Zenimax could try to offer to ALL the playerbase something like crown or in game pet instead real money to only a fraction of their playerbase .

I know it's hard maybe you live in country admitted to the lottery and it's all right to you but we paying customer excluded from the lottery cause zenimax choice to give away real money we are a bit upset, i feel disrespected and the actually situation of the game ( lag in pvp, broken class ) suggest that the 1 000 000 $ was spent better elsewhere in my opinion

Try and follow this, i know it's hard.

The. Money. Is. Not. Being. Taken. From. Zenimax's. Budget. For. The. Game. It. Comes. From. A. Marketing. Budget. Where. It. Is. Not. Used. On. The. Game.
  • Medieval3D
    Medieval3D
    ✭✭✭
    Im from Chile... I love the game and Elder Scrolls Universe, her you can see how much I like it :)

http://tamrielvault.com/profile/Medieval

I could have been participate :/
    Medieval
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is really an awesome idea you guys came up with. EsO is my frist MMORPG game that ive ever played and even before this offer have very much enjoyed playing. Thank you guys for everything you have done so far and continue to do
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • gezzerb16_ESO

Yes it's your *** fault you live in Italy!

There, now you can go have a good rant about how unfair Zenimax is being to everyone not included, and not feel like the complete and utter ass you're being.

Are you now done ranting like a 5 year old? Good, please read on.

The reason you're excluded is because every country has specific rules/laws on what consists a lottery, sweepstakes, contest, etc. Some are illegal, some have to be licensed by the government with specific rules, and some are fine. A lot of the problem comes down to how close to gambling it is in the eyes of government officials, and how high the possibility of people becoming the victims of fraud is.

For example I live in Canada and sweepstakes are illegal. This means that no giveaway can be tied to the purchase or use of a product. But if they structure it a certain way it's fine so in Canada it has to be a contest where some sort of skill is involved. That's why we have to answer a skill testing question. It's usually a math question so easy a 2nd grader can answer it, but it makes it a skill based contest instead of a sweepstakes which is what's important.

Now some governments make so many demands and place so many hoops in the way that it just becomes impossible to give anything away. For example the Italian government might consider "winnings" a taxable income and therefore expect the winner to pay the full tax on winning, making the yearly payments impossible. Or expect Zenimax to pay massive fees, place the full amount on deposit in an Italian bank, etc.

So why not substitute crowns instead of real money? For many countries it's not the cash it's the monetary value that's important. So if you win a car it's the same as winning the amount the car is worth in their eyes. This would make a million crowns worth what every it would cost you to buy in Italy, and because the crowns have a monetary value again make it impossible to do. Maybe even harder then real money would be.

Well then use it on the game. Why? Yes there's still problems with the game, there'll always be problems with the game. It's an MMO, it's part and parcel of that genre'. So will the lack of a million dollars prevent things getting fixed any faster? Does all the money WoW generate get issues fixed overnight? No. But on the other hand the contest might help prevent players dropping out during the holiday season (the reason for logging in to validate?), because of all the games getting released. And that might help keep a player base engaged which keeps revenue up, which in the long run gives them more resources to fix any outstanding issues.

So yes you're getting screwed. You and every other country that is excluded. but it's not Zenimax's fault. It's your government being unfriendly to international contests, which again makes it your fault for living in Italy. So my question to you is, should Zenimax penalize everyone that doesn't live in a sucky country to make you happy? Instead why don't you write a letter to someone that can actually do something where future contests are concerned? Your government representative.
    Edited by gezzerb16_ESO on December 19, 2015 4:34AM
  • iamalejandro_ESO
    On my earlier comment, I was not saying that other players in excluded countries are not loyal. I was just expressing my excitement that Zenimax would even do this kind of promotion. The mentioning of the current loyalty program (the pet as far as I know) was just an aside on how they have two systems that are separate and potentially rewarding (Loyalty program + the giveaway). I think yall just misread and ignored that I gave my condolences to other countries.
  • ZAMOLXIS
    ZAMOLXIS
    ✭✭✭
    yes Zeni-Beth, If you have the guts to be international company and sells all over the world copies, then you're addressing to all these people, right? Making sens for you? Then do it fully! Find a way to let all people have chances and explain how you can do it, then advertise! And God knows there's ways, loads of ways to do it!
    But thats all I will add here, changed my oppinion about Beth-Zeni! and thats not only me I think!
    knowledge itself is power!
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never before have I seen so much bitching about a company holding a contest to give away a million dollars. I guess you have shown ZoS, don't try to do anything like this again because we will all just act like spoiled children.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Akasha7eb17_ESO
    Akasha7eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Well this trying to fill up the form and seeing how country isnt eligible was most depressing, but the reasons for it are logical. In light of this, by examining the rest of the prizes, which are in crowns(virtual), I dont see why other country's arent eligible for those(virtual) prizes?
    You can pick winners 2 times. First time for cash prize by eligible country's and second time for virtual prizes for which, I reckon, all country's can participate.
    Just a thought...If there is a way to let everyone participate, why not?We are all citizens of Tamriel :D

And ofc the players are dissatisfied coz they all feel excluded from their favorite game and participating in it fully....
  • Kasyee
    Kasyee
    ✭✭
    Hello

I think this contest/event in awful idea. I mean yes - some players may be happy - but they are playing the game anyway. Maybe more people joined beta weekend so there's bigger chance more people will buy ESO after testing it out BUT...

You leave a large pool of your playerbase feeling worse and excluded because they are not eligible for this event.They have no say in "country law" yet they payed for the game and are playing it so they are no different from other players.

I understand you cannot overcome some countries law but then you should NOT do a contest/event like that.
    You could have made a 1 milion crowns contest, mount contest or anything virtual and make players happy and not feel excluded or worse.

And I - like the person above me - do not understand why all countries are not eligible for at least virtual prize ...
    Making large pool of your playerbase feeling bad is not what you want to do.

Some of my friends stopped playing after that saying they won't support company that doesnt respect every player equally. I am very dissatisfied with that :(

• Leladrin
    Leladrin
    Soul Shriven
    Ok for all you hate spammers do not blame Zenimax for the exclusion of your country. Blame the laws in your country. Many sweepstakes, RL cash gambling, and the like are outlawed in your countries. This is for your protection, it does mean you can't win free giveaways also but that is not Zenimax's fault. The in game currency is covered by these laws as well thanks to game's like EvE online. Where the in game currency can be traded for real life currency.

Want in on the next giveaway get your government to change the laws.
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leladrin wrote: »
    Ok for all you hate spammers do not blame Zenimax for the exclusion of your country. Blame the laws in your country. Many sweepstakes, RL cash gambling, and the like are outlawed in your countries. This is for your protection, it does mean you can't win free giveaways also but that is not Zenimax's fault. The in game currency is covered by these laws as well thanks to game's like EvE online. Where the in game currency can be traded for real life currency.

Want in on the next giveaway get your government to change the laws.

Well, not our fault then that zenimax loses customers when they do things like this that excludes the community, it's their responsibility to do something that includes most players, not just 5-6 countries. Or if they think they'll survive without more than half of their playerbase, sure, keep going, lets see how long them servers stays up. :)
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
  • mrowmrif2
    mrowmrif2
    ✭✭

The. Money. Is. Not. Being. Taken. From. Zenimax's. Budget. For. The. Game. It. Comes. From. A. Marketing. Budget. Where. It. Is. Not. Used. On. The. Game.

well maybe it should have been spent on the game instead :) 1 million dollars could represent a MASSIVE upgrade to hosting technology that *GASP* may actually eliminate lag in cyrodill and other areas. I'd rather have increased performance than 1 random person winning $1 million...

granted, if i win i'd love to pay off my wife and my house and student loans in a few years rather than 30... but i'm not holding my breath.
    Edited by mrowmrif2 on January 5, 2016 4:32PM
  • Kasyee
    Kasyee
    ✭✭
    I still think they should have made virtual prizes so everyone can participate. That would make them more liked and there would be no reason to hate.

It's not people's fault they live in the country they live in. Switching country due to some laws sbout prizes is not so easy and almost impossible for lots of people... : P
  • Mendo
    Mendo
    ✭✭✭
    Sign up form does not seem to be working. Tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome, I hit enter and it just bumps the page up to the top of the Registration Form.