Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for the #ESO #MillionReasonsToPlay $1,000,000 (USD) Giveaway

• EpicRycon
    EpicRycon
    ✭✭
    ..aand there goes NY. So much for that contest.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said same
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they really ran into so many legal issues with so many contries they shouldnt make a contest at all. Now it just feels like an easy way to give Zenimaxs boss daughter taxfree money throu a contest or something. It feels like a huge setup. Please tell me why us subbers sould fund this kind of sick joke?
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • Ninnghizhidda
    Ninnghizhidda
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe good intentions, and initially seemed awesome. Until you go to the link provided and try to fill the form... And see that your country is "banned" for this and that (really, the customer / player should care?).

And then the excitement turns bitter and you realise it is just a huge insult, to all those who have been supporting ESO since Betas, from every corner of this PLANET.

Nice try, thanks for nothing.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NTclaymore wrote: »
    If they really ran into so many legal issues with so many contries they shouldnt make a contest at all. Now it just feels like an easy way to give Zenimaxs boss daughter taxfree money throu a contest or something. It feels like a huge setup. Please tell me why us subbers sould fund this kind of sick joke?

Right now I'm so happy I have never been subbed and never will be. I'm sure I will never ever buy any more crowns from them. I've been considering subbing several times lately but today's controversy convinced me not to do so. If I were in your shoes I would cancel my subscribtion at once. Maybe I will be still playing this game for some time but I won't be defending Zenimax anymore as I used to. I thought they care about ALL of their players. Equally. I really did.
  • oengus
    oengus
    Soul Shriven
    because residents in Spain can not participate, if for reasons of law of the country pora money, they could at least put the crowns to draw to countries that can not enter, thanks
    Oengus
  • edorfeus
    edorfeus
    ✭✭✭
    I live in Latvia, and the registration form says that my country isn't eligible.
  • WhiteShepherd
    WhiteShepherd
    ✭✭
    why can't Belgium participate in this? isn't this discrimination? This is definitely a reason NOT to play ESO !
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not ZOS' fault. The contest money is not valid in some contries because its laws. I'm from Brazil and we have laws against that kind of thing thus ZOS can't do anything.

However, ZOS, sweeten the deal by offering 10 in game prizes of 1,000,000 gold where everyone would be eligible. It won't cost nothing to create.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your sweepstakes is illegal in my home state as you require a purchase to enter.

Please stop advertising your illegal contest on my screen when I open the launcher.

Thanks.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a confirmation email or anything so that we know our registration was successful?
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really disappointed that I am excluded from this contest (New York) and even the 3k crowns part.

• Leprosa
    Leprosa
    Soul Shriven
    .... isn't this discrimination? This is definitely a reason NOT to play ESO !
    This is discrimination....and why registration not says that my country isn't eligible when I pay every month?

• Pappa
    Pappa
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article #ESO #MillionReasonsToPlay $1,000,000 (USD) Giveaway. Good luck to everyone!

Good Luck everyone?

Everyone except me and the other players on the banned countries list !
    *Kiss the goat*
  • XB0n3
    XB0n3
    Soul Shriven
    I am really disappointed that the Netherlands can't enter this lottery.
  • XB0n3
    XB0n3
    Soul Shriven
    Who came up with this idea?
    Edited by XB0n3 on December 5, 2015 10:11AM
  • Elamia89
    Elamia89
    Norway can enter. Finland can enter. But not Sweden?.... Seriously. There wasn't many countries that can enjoy this "contest" -.-
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about giving those who couldn't enter something, 5500 crown pack, rare motif book ancient Orc for example, free polar bear n cub, something other than we sorry you couldn't enter.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on December 5, 2015 11:38AM
  • DaiKahn
    DaiKahn
    ✭✭✭✭
    To the people saying it's not ZOS' fault... yes, it is. They created this contest that alienates the majority of it's players. ZOS could have created a better contest using virtual items or something similar

Also @ZOS_GinaBruno, can someone at least make the crown rewards available to all countries? I understand the money being restricted due to red tape, but the crowns?
    I'm just a man
    Hail Sithis
  • nickszalinskieb17_ESO
    You racists! Not accepting humans, because humans are invalid? How about not paying the subscription because it goes to Zenimax, not Blizzard?
  • elokingirlrwb17_ESO
    elokingirlrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I was so excited for this, and then, like pretty much everyone here, I realised that I, being a South African, would not be able to enter. In fact, not a single African (or Asian or South American) country appears on the list. Don't get me wrong, I adore ESO. I really, really do. Unfortunately, this competition left a bitter taste in my mouth. While I understand that some countries can't participate due to legal restrictions, as far as I could tell South Africa has no laws preventing the competition (although I admit I may have missed something), and I find it unlikely that every single African, Asian and South American country had restrictions preventing their residents participating.
    Even, hypothetically, if they all had these restrictions, I find it insulting that Zenimax would choose to run a competition which they know can only have participants from 10 countries. If you want to build good vibes, this is not the way. Make it a giveaway of virtual items that everyone can participate in, or spend that million dollars coding a little thank-you party for the players that can happen in-game. Right now, the competition is really looking like the cheap, stupid marketing ploy that it is, and from the responses on the forums, Zenimax is going to suffer some fallout.
    I'll still be playing ESO, but I am far less inclined to give any more money to Zenimax.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a great idea if I win. If I don't, you can consider it a failed experiment.
  • beautycutie87
    beautycutie87
    ✭✭✭
    o:) THANK YOU! o:)

B) I am very excited about this contest! I have not played this game in a few months at least due to excitement for other games. However this contest has definitely made my return necessary. Re-downloading the client now excited to play another new character. I cannot wait to see the new updates since I have left. B)

<3 Love You ZOS Team! <3

• kurstein
    kurstein
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

can you give info on whey Denmark is not in the prize pool?

best regards
    very (old) beta tester
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear" all hail the night mother
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can really do a lot of the research on your own if you're curious why certain areas are prohibited. New York, for example, controls a lot through the NYS Lotto. Even slot machines in New York are through the NYS Lotto and are all VLTs (video lottery terminal).

Also, if you read the terms, you'll see this is actually being handled by a third-party, Sweepstakes Group, who is likely the ones actually giving the money away.

It's unfortunate, since this likely started as a great idea. It's really not ZOS' doing on the restrictions. But given the restrictions, it would have been a better idea to think this through a little more.
  • sabrown30
    sabrown30
    Soul Shriven
    So the article said the game is on sale for 60% off until the 7th. But in the Xbox store it has returned to full price today. I was planning on purchasing the game today. Was there a change in the date or is this an error?
  • Shady_Knights
    Shady_Knights
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the announcement and was really excited. Sounded so positive, and I thought what a cool idea, this would get a lot of attention and certainly would be a good reason to play ESO through the holidays.

On the registration page, my country is excluded. This made me sad.

I was then drawn to this forum post and can see that the majority of the world is excluded from the competition. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. We are all part of your customer base, we are all your customers that have purchased the game.

This has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Why not run a competition that's inclusive of all your customers?
  • bacosmin
    bacosmin
    Soul Shriven
    Why is Romania not eligible?
  • jpatek0501ub17_ESO
    jpatek0501ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    o:) THANK YOU! o:)

B) I am very excited about this contest! I have not played this game in a few months at least due to excitement for other games. However this contest has definitely made my return necessary. Re-downloading the client now excited to play another new character. I cannot wait to see the new updates since I have left. B)

<3 Love You ZOS Team! <3

Same ol' pos, no need to kiss ass wont get you a better chance.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I studied my country's(Latvia) Gambling and Lotteries law and basically all who had ESO accounts before giveaway was announced should have been allowed to participate.

If lottery is free and there are no cost at all to participate organizer don't need license and coordination with officials. For players who had accounts before giveaway announcement had all rights to participate. We don't have pay for anything and don't need to buy any product.

Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!