The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

An Ebonheart Adventure

Pheefs
Pheefs
✭✭✭✭✭
Aurelianwe ran down the darkened corridor, her pace steady despite the burning sensation in her chest from the exertion.
Rutgar two steps in front of her, the sounds of the pursuing Guards behind, they ducked into a side turning and hid behind a crate.

She teased in a breathless whisper, "I told you not to buy those boots, too loud"
Rutgar gave a laughing little shrug, taking the vial of invisibility potion she silently offered, after so many adventures together some things were automatic. He looked down at his boots and shrugged again, "they are good boots, and You are the one forever stealing books"

She smiled and nodded slowly, her fingers feeling through the fabric of her shirt for the book tucked securely inside, the sounds of the Guards getting further and further away, "ahh yes, that I am ...and my apologies for the inconvenience, but I just couldn't resist"

:smile:
{ Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    After several moments of perpetual silence Aurelianwe signaled to Rutgar who nodded in response, they both lifted the tiny vials and downed the cool liquid.

Seconds later the sillouhete of Rutgar shimmered slightly, yet he was still slightly visible even in the dim lighting.
    "A bad batch!" Aurelianwe exclaimed, "When I get my hands on that dirty good for nothing herbalist, I'll ring his neck!".
    Looking down at her own hands and up again, "It will have to do for now, let go." Aurelianwe whispered.

Peering out from behind the crate, Aurelianwe hopped over the crate and made her way down the hallway, Rutgar close behind.

They passed through several corridors until they found a window, "There!" whispered Aurelianwe; Rutgar the massive shimmering shadow, moved in front of her to the window; seconds later there was a small 'click' and they both dived out of the window onto the grassy courtyard beneath them. A heavy aroma of sweet apple hung in the summer air.

As they stole their way across the courtyard, keeping to the shadows beneath the scattered orchard trees, Rutgar noticed the once shadowed Silhouette of Aurelianwe become whole once again. He clicked his tongue to imitate one of the many cricket sounds, Aurelianwe turned around and instantly realized why Rutgar had called to her. "The potion has worn off now, we will have to be more steadfast from here on out".

Edited by Vorcil on December 7, 2015 12:41AM
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    After several hundred yards the two approached the boundary of the orchard compound; the well lit wall spanned for as far as the eye could see in either direction and here and there along the wall were several guard towers, three stories tall with pointy peaks, well manned and equipped with bells. Hiding behind one of the larger apple trees the two watched the wall and the guards shouting to each other trying to find their intruders.

"I can't believe you dragged me along on one of your heists again" said Rutgar, "Once again your obsession with your ruddy rare books has left us on a wild goose chase!", "Hold your tongue Rutgar, we will get out of this one, just as we always do.", "But how? You snuck us into the dinner party well enough by charming that oaf at the servants entrance, but how are we going to get out!? They must have half a legion of mounted guards on the roads beyond the estate walls looking for us! Nevermind getting over that wall in the first place!", "You just stick to me Rutgar; and we will be fine as always.", Rutgar groaned "This is the last ti..", "Now" Aurelianwe said and sprinted away to the shadow beneath the wall; "This woman will be the death of me" Rutgar whispered to himself as he sped to try and keep up with her.

Only seconds later Aurelianwe reached the wall and disappeared into a hole beneath it. Rutgar quickly pounced down inside and crawlled along through the darkness while trying to keep up with her, grinning to himself Rutgar said "I should've known".