Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console - DPS Test - Can you put out enough DPS for endgame content?

Tallowby
Tallowby
✭✭✭

CONSOLE DPS TEST

As we all know there is no ability on consoles to see actual DPS values easily. With this limitation you can still test if a player has enough DPS to aid your group with this simple test. This is to test sustained DPS and playstyle to see if they can work with your group. This is not a leaderboard on who can completed it the quickest.

How is it done?
If you want to test a players DPS you will need the following...
  1. A Tank
  2. A Healer
  3. The DPS tester
  4. Extra to help with adds
An extra player will aid in getting to the test location only.

Where to Test?
A VR16 Host and rest travel to Veteran Spindleclutch group dungeon in Glenumbra and clear all up to Blood Spawn Boss. The Boss Blood Spawn is the DPS Test.

How this works is the DPS Tester starts the fight at which the Tank pulls agro for duration of the test. DPS Tester does as much DPS as they can while Tank tanks, Healer heals and supplies shards if needed. Only the DPS testers damage is used to take the boss down.

Host has stopwatch and starts as soon as DPS tester starts and ends when Blood Spawn Dies or group wipes.....

This Boss has a timer (~167 seconds give or take) before the boss enrages and kills the group.... Any good single DPS will beat this timer with ease.

If you fail you need to look at your gear and setup to improve your sustained DPS. You are not ready for end game content with most groups til you do. Note also that this boss has high physical resistance and a lower magicka resistance.... so magicka builds will have better times.

Presently (Expect changes after Dark Brotherhood Update/Release! - Initial times after DLC have dropped times below 60 seconds on many builds)
Also if you have Malstrom Weapons and/or Max CP your times should be much better than the ranges listed below.
Sorcerers
  • Magicka Build: --> 65 - 95 sec.
  • Stamina Build: --> 80 - 110 sec.
Nightblades
  • Stamina Build: --> 75 - 105 sec.
Templars
  • Magicka Build: -->65 -95 sec.
  • Stamina Build: --> 70 - 100 sec.
Dragon Knights
  • Magicka Build: --> 80 - 110 sec.
  • Stamina Build: --> 80 - 110 sec. (55 sec reported?)

If you want real sustained DPS numbers.... Blood Spawns Health = 1,563,180.

So if someone states they have good DPS you can put them to the test....
You will be surprised at how many believe they have their DPS maxed out yet can't kill the boss before it enrages. Good opportunity to give advice on gear and setup...

Aid and please post your times below (include race, class, weapons, stamina/magicka)
Edited by Tallowby on July 26, 2016 8:30PM
NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    VR16 Stam Nightblade - Bosmer - Dual Wield / 2H

First Attempt - 127s
    Edited by Tallowby on December 7, 2015 1:14PM
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles

Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Moved to Xbox-NA forum

• elium85
    elium85
    ✭✭✭
    Just to throw this out there, the boss has about 1.58M HP so, after taunts, etc. the DPS should be doing about 1.52M damage. You can get an actual DPS number with some dividing!
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elium85 wrote: »
    Just to throw this out there, the boss has about 1.58M HP so, after taunts, etc. the DPS should be doing about 1.52M damage. You can get an actual DPS number with some dividing!

This^. Maths

You know how much HP a boss has right? If you don't most of them are listed on the internets, just google. You know how long the fight took right?

Boss HP/seconds = dps
    Edited by Cuyler on December 4, 2015 6:03PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Sure but the purpose was to create an easy test that demonstrates ones sustained DPS potential.

If someone is incapable of beating this boss, how they failed may aid you in getting them up to speed.

Is it their gear or their setup that needs some tweaking? Or is it a skill level thing?

Either way this should help.....

note:This test was never about calculating DPS to a decimal value.
    Edited by Tallowby on December 4, 2015 6:19PM

• XT4xm4nX
    XT4xm4nX
    ✭✭✭
    The test is a good test. There is one issue with the test which you already may be aware of and does not make the test bad. The Bloodspawn test should only be used as a comparison for stam builds vs stam builds and mag builds vs mag builds. He has very high physical resists and gets butchered by magicka builds. We haven't played around with him much since they increased the lvl cap from v14-16. Typically the magicka build was dropping it 30-45 seconds faster. Good post Tallow ... i would also say that if your magicka you should be absolutely dropping him in under 2 minutes or you need to work on your build badly. @v14 just over a minute was the target for magicka and 90 seconds to 120 for stam but I'm sure that is much different now.
  • Jim_Berry
    Jim_Berry
    ✭✭✭
    *DELETED*
    Edited by Jim_Berry on December 5, 2015 11:59PM
  • Jim_Berry
    Jim_Berry
    ✭✭✭
    Also...

Tallowby wrote: »

If you fail you are not ready for end game content with most groups. You need to look at your gear and setup to improve.

...considering most endgame content has more than one DPS, is there a reason why ONE DPS should carry the burden?
  • RinOkumara
    RinOkumara
    ✭✭✭
    [FTC] Blood Spawn - 0:19 - 692,460 Damage (35,532.64 DPS)
    Magicka Templar DPS
    PC
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RinOkumara wrote: »
    Magicka Templar DPS
    PC
    One of you has wrong numbers.
  • Jim_Berry
    Jim_Berry
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it's because I'm at a brickwall. I deleted my Templar as I tried to be a DPS. Although there would be other Templars in the dungeon, none would heal. Found myself healing more than I was DPS'ing.

That said, I wanted to go pure DPS, so I chose Nightblade. Problem is, people telling me to go Magic, others telling me Stamina. Outside of ganking for PvP, they did not be specific on why one build versus the other.

So, I would be total fail on DPS checks since the information I'm getting runs in different directions.
  • RinOkumara
    RinOkumara
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar DPS
    PC

This was with another dps but it was just a quick example lel
  • RinOkumara
    RinOkumara
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar DPS
    PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PTz2oAPo1s&feature=youtu.be
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Jim_Berry wrote: »
    Also...

If you fail you are not ready for end game content with most groups. You need to look at your gear and setup to improve.

...considering most endgame content has more than one DPS, is there a reason why ONE DPS should carry the burden?

First off... This is a console discussion not PC and as such we don't have access to all the aids you do on PC (addons).

So for us on console when for instance we want to fill a DPS Trial slot with the upcoming Craglorn update and we want to verify 1 individuals DPS potential the above test fits the bill.

So to your point "is there a reason ONE DPS should carry the burden" Ok so did you read above? YES! This is a Test of the one to verify and OBSERVE the ones DPS potential on console. This can be used to aid the one as you see fit.

Do you accept that in a four man group one bad DPS can seriously seriously hinder the group. Even in trails one weak link can affect the group performance. Determining the sustained DPS on console with the easy repeatable test above is one way to do so.

I will say this again - This test is not to show how beast you are and have a leaderboard displaying results. As stated defeating the boss before it enrages is the goal. After that to improve times to be within the class/resource time window (30 second range) is the goal.

What all the class/resource time windows are is why I ask for your (console only) assistance. With this info we can average the time.
    Edited by Tallowby on December 6, 2015 4:13PM

• Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar DPS
    PC

REMOVED VIDEO

Since PC and Consoles are never running the same build please only link console vids to prove your point. Also if you do so include the date and build used in the vid. thanks

Edited by Tallowby on December 6, 2015 4:49PM

• Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam templar 97seconds friends night blade 78 seconds. Im australian tho so he can do 14 attack to my 10 with my shiz ping rate
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    Stam templar 97seconds friends night blade 78 seconds. Im australian tho so he can do 14 attack to my 10 with my shiz ping rate

was nightblade stam or magicka?

• Samphaa
    Samphaa
    ✭✭✭
    When you do a test are any other member ment to provide a buff other than the tanks pierce armour? I did a test the other night on bloodspawn with just me and the tank, no healer buffs/support and pulled just shy of 22k. Should I be taking a healer in there with me for the buffs? Or are most dps test done with just the taunt?
  • elium85
    elium85
    ✭✭✭
    There's no right answer or set of buffs. Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples. That's why most people do SPC with an Aggressive Warhorn and Combat Prayer so there is uniformity.
    Edited by elium85 on March 16, 2016 6:10PM
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar DPS
    PC

Magicka Templar DPS
    PC

You do realize this test is for 1 dps right? I had this same problem with another pc player who didnt understand the point of the test either. He was trying to tell me that he pulls 20k dps and when i asked him how he tested it he told me he tests on ic mobs. The point is to have the least amount of varible differences in the test. Same mob same amount of DD'S. Its not to test your burst or how fast you can kill it with other peoples help. Its to test your sustained single target dps. Mobs and multiple people attacking the boss spoils the test.
    Edited by AtraisMachina on March 16, 2016 6:29PM
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    92 sec bosmer stampler dw-bow w/o spc
    Edited by AtraisMachina on March 16, 2016 6:32PM
  • Holy-Dope
    Holy-Dope
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar DPS
    PC

was it done solo DPS....? ofc not...so doesn't count...
    DC- Holy DOPE, Altmer Nightblade
    (And many those who did not make it to the end R.I.P.)

• AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭

CONSOLE DPS TEST

As we all know there is no ability on consoles to see actual DPS values easily. With this limitation you can still test if a player has enough DPS to aid your group with this simple test. This is to test sustained DPS and playstyle to see if they can work with your group. This is not a leaderboard on who can completed it the quickest.

How is it done?
    If you want to test a players DPS you will need the following...
    1. A Tank
    2. A Healer
    3. The DPS tester
    4. Extra to help with adds
    An extra player will aid in getting to the test location only.

Where to Test?
    A VR16 Host and rest travel to Veteran Spindleclutch group dungeon in Glenumbra and clear all up to Blood Spawn Boss. The Boss Blood Spawn is the DPS Test.

How this works is the DPS Tester starts the fight at which the Tank pulls agro for duration of the test. DPS Tester does as much DPS as they can while Tank tanks, Healer heals and supplies shards if needed. Only the DPS testers damage is used to take the boss down.

Host has stopwatch and starts as soon as DPS tester starts and ends when Blood Spawn Dies or group wipes.....

This Boss has a timer (~167 seconds give or take) before the boss enrages and kills the group.... Any good single DPS will beat this timer with ease.

If you fail you need to look at your gear and setup to improve your sustained DPS. You are not ready for end game content with most groups til you do. Note also that this boss has high physical resistance and a lower magicka resistance.... so magicka builds will have better times.

Presently
    Sorcerers
    • Stamina Build: --> 90 - 120 sec.
    Nightblades
    • Magicka Build: --> 75 - 105 sec.
    • Stamina Build: --> 90 - 120 sec.
    Templars
    • Magicka Build: -->70 -100 sec.
    • Stamina Build: --> 80 - 110 sec.
    Dragon Knights
    • Magicka Build: -->
    • Stamina Build: -->

If you want real sustained DPS numbers.... Blood Spawns Health = 1,563,180.

So if someone states they have good DPS you can put them to the test....
    You will be surprised at how many believe they have their DPS maxed out yet can't kill the boss before it enrages. Good opportunity to give advice on gear and setup...

Aid and please post your times below (include race, class, weapons, stamina/magicka)

I believe you have the stampler and stamblades swapped btw currently stamblades are pulling a higher average
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

We are glad to see everyone coming together to discuss DPS mechanics. However, as this has been posted under the Guild Recruitment section, we have moved it to Combat & Character Mechanics.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭

I believe you have the stampler and stamblades swapped btw currently stamblades are pulling a higher average

With the changes to CP, new gear sets, and Class skill changes with Thieves' Guild the above time windows will change. Some changes have also occurred that can change the window. So after TG DLC goes live on console test will need to be done to update.

Will ask everyone to post their new times after TG release on console and will shift the time window accordingly based on the changes.
    Edited by Tallowby on March 16, 2016 8:10PM

• AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭

With the changes to CP, new gear sets, and Class skill changes with Thieves' Guild the above time windows will change. Some changes have also occurred that can change the window. So after TG DLC goes live on console test will need to be done to update.

Will ask everyone to post their new times after TG release on console and will shift the time window accordingly based on the changes.

Yea im talking pre TG theyre pulling higher and Ive looked at pc time as well and TG just made the gap a little larger. Stam blades are still going to pull higher after.
    Edited by AtraisMachina on March 16, 2016 9:24PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blood Spawns Health = 1,563,180.

I just did some math. It's very basic and a bit off, but taking into account my character's current spell damage only, I'd have to hit that boss over 1,300 times. :/

Of course that's not taking into account Spell Critical, Buffs, and the like.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »

was nightblade stam or magicka?

Stam
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohh and even tho im aussie i can fo 76 secons on stamplar. And my friend got a 64 on stamblade
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI You can double tap the xbox button on your controller and then go down to apps and select game dvr after you kill boss and record last 30s, 45s, 1min, 3min, 5min. Then you can go into the editing studio and shrink the clip down to the exact miliseconds that the fight started and where it ended to give yourself a more precise number, no need to have a stopwatch and anyone who is in the group during the fight will be able to record it.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..