The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tips for healers

• weezheat
    weezheat
    Soul Shriven
    I don't see much about DK Healer builds. This is a great build that can heal + Buff the group at the same time!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't been on in since the day I posted this and didn't know it had been mentioned anywhere or that anyone had replied to it. Lots of good additions and suggestions have been made in the comments, which is great since I was just trying to get the ball rolling. I've just made a few minor edits for clarification and will let others add whatever else they think ought to be said in the comments.

If theorycrafters want to chime in as well with their preferred builds I am sure that would be appreciated. A dragonknight healer build was recently featured on the game's community spotlight page, if anyone is interested. Not quite the same loadout as my DK secondary healer (who doesn't use immovable or magma armor, for instance), the featured character demonstrates a solid support build geared towards group play (whereas my DK's typical gear/ability bar load out is geared more toward solo play and self-healing).

Thanks for the info and perspective being shared and the helpful tone of the replies.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • sumbelina_ESO
    sumbelina_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks so much for these tips! :D
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for these tips! :D

For the part to which I contributed (the initial post), you're very welcome.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • RenhardtESO
    RenhardtESO
    ✭✭✭
    I just found this article for the first time and excited to try the build. I have been leveling my templar healer (just got to VR1) and have had so much fun with it. Never thought I would like healing but I can't imagine doing anything else now. I used to just be strictly DPS. But never really thought about using the resto staff on other classes before and using their traits to buff. Thanks for the fun new idea!
  • Elk
    Elk
    If a team member dies and you have a soul gem, but you are getting mauled and you need to heal other members what do you do or what would you do? I felt bad either way because you let down most, and getting attack. This game is so stressful and fun at the same time.
  • gilbegger
    gilbegger
    ✭✭✭
    I throw a few Hots out (heal over time) and rez away. The Kagrenac"s set helps with rezzing a whole lot.

I wouldnt rez someone if it means other party members would die...unless its the tank that needs rezzed.
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty awesome guide.
    Havent played healer for awhile, but aiming to try the sorc build.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.