The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Question about skillpoint after Undaunted dailies

altemriel
altemriel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
How is it, do I always get a skill point after competing the Undaunted dailies, or not? Because yesterday it happened to me after the silver Blessed Crucible daily and few weeks ago in some other one, that I have completed it, killed everyone there, but did not get a skill point. Is there some thing that I have not done and therefore did not get the skill poing or how is it? I thought that every completed daily grants a skill point.
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get a skill point every time you complete the quest that you pick up from the dungeon itself... has nothing to do with the undaunted pledges. It's very possible to pick up a pledge... go to a dungeon you have never done and pick up that dungeon quest...

You can only get 1 skill point from each dungeon because there is only one quest to do (except dungeons that have a veteran option - you can get one from normal and veteran on those)
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to note, you also get a Skill Point and Undaunted credit for doing the Group Challenge Boss in a Public Dungeon.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You get a skill point every time you complete the quest that you pick up from the dungeon itself... has nothing to do with the undaunted pledges. It's very possible to pick up a pledge... go to a dungeon you have never done and pick up that dungeon quest...

You can only get 1 skill point from each dungeon because there is only one quest to do (except dungeons that have a veteran option - you can get one from normal and veteran on those)

well, that is weird, so you are saying that you get skill point basically from every undaunted daily that you do (if you pick up the quest in the dungeon) right? because yesterday it happened to me again, that I did not meet any quest giver NPC in the dungeon, killed all the bosses, but did not get the skill point.

are you sure about that, that you get a skill point every time? @jakeedmundson
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

well, that is weird, so you are saying that you get skill point basically from every undaunted daily that you do (if you pick up the quest in the dungeon) right? because yesterday it happened to me again, that I did not meet any quest giver NPC in the dungeon, killed all the bosses, but did not get the skill point.

he's saying the quest the dungeon normally has (the one time quest) is what gives you a skillpoint. no daily gives you any. ever.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

he's saying the quest the dungeon normally has (the one time quest) is what gives you a skillpoint. no daily gives you any. ever.

yes I understand that. but is it like that, that everytime when I finish the same daily (I mean this week, next week again) (blessed crucible for example, or direfrost like yesterday - silver), I get a skill point from the dungeon? Because it happened to me last time in crucible and yesterday again in direfrost, that I did not get the skill point from the dungeon. But true is, I also did not find any quest giver NPC in the dungeon, neither in crucible, nor in direfrost. Is it bugged, or am I just blind that I keep not noticing the quest giver NPC in the dungeons :smiley: ?
    Edited by altemriel on December 4, 2015 7:24AM
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes I understand that. but is it like that, that everytime when I finish the same daily (blessed crucible for example, or direfrost like yesterday - silver), I get a skill point from the dungeon? Because it happened to me last time in crucible and yesterday again in direfrost, that I did not get the skill point from the dungeon. But true is, I also did not find any quest giver NPC in the dungeon, neither in crucible, nor in direfrost. Is it bugged, or am I just blind that I keep not noticing the quest giver NPC in the dungeons :smiley: ?

The dungeon quest in not repeatable, so you'd only get it the once. The daily is just a repeatable using the same area.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »

yes I understand that. but is it like that, that everytime when I finish the same daily (blessed crucible for example, or direfrost like yesterday - silver), I get a skill point from the dungeon? Because it happened to me last time in crucible and yesterday again in direfrost, that I did not get the skill point from the dungeon. But true is, I also did not find any quest giver NPC in the dungeon, neither in crucible, nor in direfrost. Is it bugged, or am I just blind that I keep not noticing the quest giver NPC in the dungeons :smiley: ?

The dungeon quest in not repeatable, so you'd only get it the once. The daily is just a repeatable using the same area.

ok, so the reply to my question is then, no, I only get the skill point when I do the daily dungeon first time ever and then I never again get a skill point for completing the dungeon. do I understand you right?
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, so the reply to my question is then, no, I only get the skill point when I do the daily dungeon first time ever and then I never again get a skill point for completing the dungeon. do I understand you right?

You never get a skillpoint for doing the dailies. However the once-off questline through the dungeon as-is has it there once.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • Baconfat79
    Baconfat79
    ✭✭✭✭
    ELI5 isn't working here...
  • Baconfat79
    Baconfat79
    ✭✭✭✭
    Each group dungeon has a quest. When you complete that quest, you get a skillpoint. This has nothing to do with Undaunted dailies. It was just coincidence that the dungeon you did as a daily happened to be one in which you had not fone the quest yet. You got a skillpoint for doing that dungeon's quest, not for doing a daily. You never get skillpoints from Undaunted dailies, only from doing that one-time dungeon-specific quest. To reiterate, you would have gotten that skillpoint for completing that dungeon's quest even if it wasn't the Undaunted daily for that day. The two are unrelated.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What @Baconfat79 said is correct.

Let's take Banished Cells as an example. The very first time you go there, from level 12 or so, you are given the quest for the non-veteran version of that dungeon's story. When you complete the quest, you gain a skill point. You can then complete the dungeon (by killing all the bosses) many other times but since you won't have the quest anymore, you will not get a skill point for it. The Undaunted may send you there as part of the silver pledge.

Later you will be able to enter the Banished Cells on veteran mode. This will give you a second quest, which works as a follow up to the previous one, and on completion of this veteran quest you will get a skill point. Subsequent runs will not give you more skill points (again, the quest was already completed before) but you will be sent there as part of the gold Undaunted pledge sometimes.

I hope this helps :)
    Edited by Khenarthi on December 4, 2015 8:29AM
    PC-EU
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is it, do I always get a skill point after competing the Undaunted dailies, or not? Because yesterday it happened to me after the silver Blessed Crucible daily and few weeks ago in some other one, that I have completed it, killed everyone there, but did not get a skill point. Is there some thing that I have not done and therefore did not get the skill poing or how is it? I thought that every completed daily grants a skill point.

you only get 1 skill point per dungeon once you beat that dungeon you cant earn another point
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    the pledges have nothing to do with it
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ok, now I understand. thank you guys