The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[IDEA] Concept for new open world PVP.

Phinix1
Phinix1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings fellow forumites,

It occurred to me that something which is sorely missing from this game is the sort of truly open world (beyond one tiny little zone on the map) PVP. Something I actually really missed from WoW was being able to explore other faction zones as my OWN faction, and risk being attacked on site/flagged by the NPC's from those factions.

Obviously this would require a LOT of added content, new quest hubs and NPC dialogue. That can happen over time. What I had an idea for however is a way to get this content started NOW, with very little coding overhead to implement.

Meridia's Light

Basically, when traveling to another faction's zone you would now have two options: Normal or PVP. There would still of course be the option to do Cadwell's Meridia quests where you take on the guise of the other factions and play through the content as "one of them."

HOWEVER, you would also be able to go to these zones in PVP mode, which would basically allow you to collect all the Skyshards, do the delves, grab the Lore Books, etc., but would flag enemy quest hub and town guard NPC's to kill you on site.

You would also be flagged for PVP while there in this mode, so any enemy players you encountered would be able to attack you. However, you would be in a separate instance from players just leveling through the zone, so you would not be able to "grief" noobs by killing them or their quest NPC's. You would also have the option to enter any of your own zones in PVP mode, which would put you in the same instance as enemy players.

World Defense Channel

There would need to be a new optional chat channel to give alerts that a PVP mode zone of your faction was under attack to allow you to muster a force to respond.

Daily Objectives

Similar to the bounty boards in Cyrodiil, this would be the beginning of truly faction-specific content in the PVP mode of each zone. These could start off easy enough, like "kill X enemy players in Y zone." There would also be faction hub boards that send you into enemy PVP zones for similar dailies, to help spread out the population.

Faction Rewards

Completing objectives in faction PVP zones would net you tokens that could be used to by unique faction-motif gear sets, and possibly other cosmetic items.

Dueling

In the spirit of expanded PVP, you could also now challenge any of your OWN faction members to a duel anywhere in the world.

That's it for now. Hope this posts this time. :p
Edited by Phinix1 on November 30, 2015 8:12PM
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2forum issue.
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for keeping my 1st post spot warm for me while I figured it out! XD
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tie-in to Thieves/DB guilds:

These two factions could also send you into these enemy zones for various assassination/infiltration type missions, with their own rep/tokens/rewards.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    (beyond one tiny little zone on the map) PVP.

All of Cyrodiil is PvP, not only IC.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

Right, I was referring to Cyridiil. One (relatively) tiny little zone on the map of Tamriel. ;)
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    ide like this option good idea :)
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Right, I was referring to Cyridiil. One (relatively) tiny little zone on the map of Tamriel. ;)

You must be mixing up IC and Cyrodiil for some reason, because Cyrodiil is far from tiny, it is bigger than any of the other zones in the game with possible exception of Wrothgar
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You must be mixing up IC and Cyrodiil for some reason, because Cyrodiil is far from tiny, it is bigger than any of the other zones in the game with possible exception of Wrothgar

Not even Wrothgar.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodil is at least twice the size of wrothgar, more like it. Maybe three times.

In any case, there have been similar thoughts before. The main trouble with it is the possibility of high level players griefing lowbies who just want to do their questing... I played games like that, and it's really a turn-off for my gaming. I much prefer games that make it a player choice if they want to stick their nose into PvP land...

One of the better ideas involved making all regions in a "veteran version", with slight changes as the storyline quests are removed and the region changed to show a "aftermath" - stonefalls would be free of the covenant invasion and rebuilding the damage, bleumbra would be werewolf free and busy cleaning up the bloodthorn vines, auridion would be all happy and cleanup too, etc., questline-themed moby would be replaced with generic mobs, and maybe sown a little thinner, but all be endgame strength... and people could do daily PvE quests in their "homeland" veteran region, and "infiltration/spy/sabotage" type quests visiting the other alliance regions, where of course all the justice guards would be hostile towards them and the other faction players would have daily "homeland defense" quests hunting them, and they would only have a very limited safety (like, a hideout without any immortal guards, where they could face raids at any moment...)
    And people could then choose if they wanted to go to the normal storyline homelands and cadwells foreign lands, or the veteran lands for world PvP...

Well, maybe someday.

Right now, I think theres a dozend things I'd want more then something like that... right now the Cyrodil PvP is good enough for the times when i do feel like fighting other characters.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah.

Thanks, though!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open world PVP? No thanks. I wouldn't mind it if they opened up a new server just for PVP players but please don't mix that in with my PVE.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The 2nd part of the Justice System is supposed to have open world pvp be the criminal player VS the enforcer player. How ever the problem with open world pvp is of course "those players" who would do nothing but grief and troll other players killing them and all that while there just trying to play the game. Such as the South Park "Make love not WarCraft" episode. That could be the problem of open world pvp cause I doubt a criminal player would agree to a dual first when a enforcer player catches them.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as they do an anti-grief system like the one you suggested I approve.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes why limit the ganking to Cyrodiil when you can ganked trying to do the quests too! People would just camp near quest givers and key locations and kill you while you try to get quests done, gangs would patrol the towns and cities looking for lone adventurers to massacre. Sounds horrible. I'd rather see some pvp areas for 1v1 or small groups, team games etc than this.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Uneed2Stop
    Uneed2Stop
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings fellow forumites,

It occurred to me that something which is sorely missing from this game is the sort of truly open world (beyond one tiny little zone on the map) PVP. Something I actually really missed from WoW was being able to explore other faction zones as my OWN faction, and risk being attacked on site/flagged by the NPC's from those factions.

Obviously this would require a LOT of added content, new quest hubs and NPC dialogue. That can happen over time. What I had an idea for however is a way to get this content started NOW, with very little coding overhead to implement.

Meridia's Light

Basically, when traveling to another faction's zone you would now have two options: Normal or PVP. There would still of course be the option to do Cadwell's Meridia quests where you take on the guise of the other factions and play through the content as "one of them."

HOWEVER, you would also be able to go to these zones in PVP mode, which would basically allow you to collect all the Skyshards, do the delves, grab the Lore Books, etc., but would flag enemy quest hub and town guard NPC's to kill you on site.

You would also be flagged for PVP while there in this mode, so any enemy players you encountered would be able to attack you. However, you would be in a separate instance from players just leveling through the zone, so you would not be able to "grief" noobs by killing them or their quest NPC's. You would also have the option to enter any of your own zones in PVP mode, which would put you in the same instance as enemy players.

World Defense Channel

There would need to be a new optional chat channel to give alerts that a PVP mode zone of your faction was under attack to allow you to muster a force to respond.

Daily Objectives

Similar to the bounty boards in Cyrodiil, this would be the beginning of truly faction-specific content in the PVP mode of each zone. These could start off easy enough, like "kill X enemy players in Y zone." There would also be faction hub boards that send you into enemy PVP zones for similar dailies, to help spread out the population.

Faction Rewards

Completing objectives in faction PVP zones would net you tokens that could be used to by unique faction-motif gear sets, and possibly other cosmetic items.

Dueling

In the spirit of expanded PVP, you could also now challenge any of your OWN faction members to a duel anywhere in the world.

That's it for now. Hope this posts this time. :p

DUDE amazing idea. Although i feel that it would be fine if it was NOT instanced from questers, BUT you cannot attack them. Unless they attack you first. Kinda like wow. Gosh that would put such magic into this game
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flagging? no thanks.

Good effort though ;)
  • Alagras
    Alagras
    ✭✭✭
    You will like the justice system when it comes out i think, and it will be only for thieves/enforcers so no grieving.

But a new PvP zone with different gameplay would be nice. Guild vd guild, construction, etc... it won t happen but i would love it
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    Keep normal faction zones as is, give more reward for people to go into cyrodiil for solo quests. Add small scale pvp where all factions can pick from one of 2 sides (for example fighters/mages guild vs dark brotherhood or thieves guild)
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's already game like WoW, and oddly enough, it is called WoW.
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    There's already game like WoW, and oddly enough, it is called WoW.

To play devils advocate, wow stole all their good ideas from other games.
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ONLY if there's a WoW like challenge warning given to you.Like that standard.You can either chose toPvP,or not.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or instead of all that complex stuff just allow players to turn on open pvp and anyone else who has it on as well can attack or be attacked by them.
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or instead of all that complex stuff just allow players to turn on open pvp and anyone else who has it on as well can attack or be attacked by them.

So you could have it turned off, find a nice target, switch it on and attack?
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open world PVP? No thanks. I wouldn't mind it if they opened up a new server just for PVP players but please don't mix that in with my PVE.

This.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alagras wrote: »
    You will like the justice system when it comes out i think, and it will be only for thieves/enforcers so no grieving.

But a new PvP zone with different gameplay would be nice. Guild vd guild, construction, etc... it won t happen but i would love it

It is PvP of course there will be grieving any PvP leads to grieving somehow.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys,
    Please. There are two kinds of players in this game.PvErs and PvPers.Neither is wrong,and neither is more important than the other.I sometimes envy PvPers because of their amazing skills,but,I dont envy their going on all the time about what PvErs have.
    Why cant they live and let live? They seem to want all PvErs to go play another game so they can have an all open world of PvP. Thing is though,without us PvErs,..who will they find to sneak up on and gank?
    Edited by Volkodav on December 2, 2015 12:18AM