The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you keep quest disguises?

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I love to keep them and use them
    I wore the servants robes pretty exclusively for a year. I actually think the game confused it with my characters texture, as when I tried to finally take it off, it wouldn't come off.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I do not have many, but the ones I have, I use
    I like those that don't ever get destroyed seriously ZOS can you please import an option to remove the script on disguises when the quest is done? I see a few people running around as a goblin but if they ever get hit...
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, just no
    The only reason for keeping one, sentiment aside, is to use if your avatar returns to the area where the disguise was useful and used. As far as I know, though, if your avatar is wearing one and engages in any combat, then the disguise is automagically destroyed. So there's not much point to wearing one in any other context.
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotten every single one of them. Before crown store costumes and dyes I used them a lot more frequently.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Vruci
    Vruci
    ✭✭
    For RP purposes they can be great, but I honestly only keep cool looking ones.
    I have a god complex. Don't judge. Or do judge. I will thus proceed to smite you.
  • Jorva
    Jorva
    ✭✭
    No, just no
    I don't mind hoarding them for RP like the trophies we get from quests, but they do use up our space in inventory and bank. I really don't have the funds to make my bank big enough for all the RP items I pick up along the way. I realize we can use alternative characters to store them to make space, but it is a hassle to hop between characters just to change clothes or play with the trinkets. If they didn't use up space, I'd love to keep them for future RP. It would be nice to have a player-owned house (POH) with a closet for all of our cosmetic needs.

But at this moment, "no, just no."
    Jorvo Stormwolf
    Ebonheart Pact
    PC Platform
  • Armenua
    Armenua
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, with inventory space so precious, I only keep one or two I really like. Tonight, I finally had to throw one away that I wasn't so fond of.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I do not use them though
    I have a mule that just holds costumes and trophies. I don't use them though, so I don't know why I keep them.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Pistolera_ESO
    Pistolera_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but I tend to delete them when I need the space.
    -Guildies-
    Tyrs Paladium
  • Castiel_Boomer
    Castiel_Boomer
    ✭✭✭
    korbrent wrote: »
    Asmael wrote: »
    Well, disguises from quests require to have room in your bag.

I haz no room for these, so: no.

Could be a thing to make more disguises you obtain from quests available to your account once said quest that required it is completed.

Agreed, they shouldn't take up inventory space, but I don't know about you, what I do is have 4 characters with a 100 bag space who just hold my items, and if I need it I will just send it to my other characters through the bank.

Same here.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" -Jimi Hendrix
  • Castiel_Boomer
    Castiel_Boomer
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason for keeping one, sentiment aside, is to use if your avatar returns to the area where the disguise was useful and used. As far as I know, though, if your avatar is wearing one and engages in any combat, then the disguise is automagically destroyed. So there's not much point to wearing one in any other context.

Once you complete the quest related to the disguise, it becomes your disguise for good, or until you destroy it or otherwise. I have many old/saved disguises, and they do not get destroyed when i wear them in combat. I'm not saying there aren't certain ones that might, however I have about 20 of em, and they all work fine in combat. The trick I found, was making sure the related quest was complete before brandishing my new duds.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" -Jimi Hendrix
  • ScarletHoodie
    ScarletHoodie
    Soul Shriven
    I still have most of my disguises, mainly for keeps sake. I put them in my bank and use them for some new characters when I kind of dislike the way their armor looks, for example my Maomer disguise ,which I got in the Dominion, looked really awesome on my Pact Dark elf ^_^'
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown Dishdasha is the best. It ought to be saveable as a collectible.
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    No option of what I do though - sometimes. If it a disguise a mob can drop, sometimes I can get back to it and wear it for a short while then change my mind and destroy it. They just take up the space after a certain point. I would vote for adding them to collections.
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • korbrent
    korbrent
    ✭✭
    This poll seems to be a broken record, and I think I can safely say that people who do not use them only do not use them due to the fact that it stacks up on inventory space. And people who do use them also get mad at the inventory space requirement. Maybe Elder Scrolls will take this into consideration and make it so disguises take no inv space. I would pay like 500 crowns to make disguises into collectibles
  • korbrent
    korbrent
    ✭✭
    Omg I just realized, 3 people voted as "This is a stupid poll"
  • Sezetcik
    Sezetcik
    ✭✭
    No, I do not see a point, as they give nothing to benefit the player in any way
    I used to keep them but then I realised that my bank was full, so I went cleaning and had something like 30 disguises there.

I kept the goblin one tho :3
  • nobleboivin
    nobleboivin
    ✭✭
    I love the designs for some of the disguises
  • zydrateanatomy
    I have several but I'm considering deleting them since they're taking up precious bank space. As I'm still a new player, I can't really afford to keep them around much longer. Full of materials.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my storage mules is dedicated to all the odds and ends in this game, that includes collected disguises.
    :smile:
  • Diozaels
    Diozaels
    ✭✭
    I would... But bag space is so limited =(
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    I'm a pack rat :s
  • kibukj
    kibukj
    ✭✭
    I have kept all the ones I've gotten. I used the Vulkhel Guard marine outfit all the time as an Alliance War uniform until I assembled a set of real armour that I liked the look of.

Now I just keep them for fun mostly. For roleplaying purposes I use the "stolen" clothes (non-armour clothing) more than any disguise though. Those along with some of the simpler looking light armours tend to be my "in town" attire, or when I'm just hanging around Cyrodiil rather than fighting.
    PSN: kibukj
    Character: Mokohshi (Khajiiti healer, Mages Guild research assistant)
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep every disguise I find, which atm are carried by a mule (together with quest trophies).

But if I find an exceptionally cool one I will wear it! I mainly keep them for RP purposes, which unfortunately isn't as often as I would like to :tongue:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep 1 or 2 on me, at most.

• Dear
    Dear
    ✭✭✭
    I love collecting them, but I have trouble doing so, since they often get destroyed during the quests...

Having them as a collectable would be stupendous!
    ✉ DEAR | PC-NA | PVE | RP | BETA | NEWBIE | MAIN: MAROON |
      Petite||||||||||||Dual Nightblade|||||Wood Elf ♀||||Tailor and Assassin|||||Neutral Good|||||||Ebonheart||||||| Petite is happily married to Gigantic
      Bride|||||||||||||Storm Sorcerer|||||||High Elf ♀||||||Bored Provisioner|||||||Chaotic Good||||||Ebonheart|||||||| Bride wants to find and marry Groom
      Child|||||||||||||Bowman Knight||||||Wood Elf ♂||||Vampire Mercenary|||||Chaotic Evil|||||||||Dominion|||||||| Child is badly watched over by Adult
      Naive||||||||||||Healer Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Idealistic Shaman||||||||Lawful Good|||||||Dominion|||||||| Naive is a healer companion of Frail
      Maroon|||||||||Flame Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Vampire Alchemist||||||Neutral Evil||||||||||Daggerfall||||||| Maroon likes the color of your blood
    • kibukj
      kibukj
      ✭✭
      Dear wrote: »
      I love collecting them, but I have trouble doing so, since they often get destroyed during the quests...

They can be a bit weird. I had one get destroyed in a scripted event of a completely unrelated quest. Luckily it was obtained in one of the first quests so it was easy enough to use an alt to get it again. Since then I've mostly just learned not to wear disguises during quests, or take them off as soon possible once you get them.
      PSN: kibukj
      Character: Mokohshi (Khajiiti healer, Mages Guild research assistant)
    • Arunei
      Arunei
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I hold on to ones that look like something Speaks would actually wear for whatever reason. I think I'll have to put them, along with my numerous Guild tabards, on a mule for now though. I've recently made Speaks RP clothes and RP armor, so my inventory space is quickly being eaten by all these bits and pieces of clothing and armor XD.

I only just recently learned you can dye clothes I'm awaiting the day they manage to make disguises dye-able. Not that I actually expect it, unless they can flag a disguise once you complete the associated quest that would convert it into "clothes" instead. But then how to do that and still have it count as a disguise?
      Character List [RP and PvE]:
      Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
      Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
      Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
      Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
      Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
      Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
      Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
      Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
      Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
      Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
      Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
      Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
      Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
      Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
      Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
    • TheRubiksCube
      TheRubiksCube
      ✭✭✭
      Before I even had the Emperor's regalia and my guild tabard, I would wear one. I like how some of them look especially the Dunmer cultural garb and Imperial diguise.

I keep the ones I like and destroy the ones I don't like. I now rarely wear them in pvp, but if I'm on my Templar in pvp I'll wear the seventh legion disguise.
      Blood for the Pact! Retired Arctic Empire Officer
      Xbox NA XBL gamertag: RUBLKS CUBE (feel free to message me to duel or to play with me)
      EP: Lv 50 High Elf Dragonknight, Lv 50 Breton Templar (Former Emperor of Versidue-Shae), Lv 50 Dark Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Sorcerer, Lv 50 Wood Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Templar, Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer
      DC: Lv 50 Breton Sorcerer
      AD: Lv 50 Breton Templar
      Current CP: About 790
      Campaigns: Vivec or any other campaign I feel like.
      Time schedule: No specific time/ pacific standard time.
    • newtinmpls
      newtinmpls
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Certain ones, yes.

I tend to keep the servant's one from Stros M'kai, 'cause that just looks good on most folks. I also kept the black/med armor one from the Veiled Heritance quest as that one looks really good on my dunmer mage.

I used to keep and cherish the pirate guise till they horribly mangled redguard light armor design. I'd still pay 500 crowns ... or maybe more to get a copy - single page - of that original motif.

Most of the rest, well, they just look crappy.
      Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
      Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
      Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
      Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
      Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
      House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
      Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis