The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sunlight/Phases of the Moons and Vampire/Werewolf Buffs & Debuffs

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Summary

There has been an indication by ZOS that they might revisit the boons and penalties of being a vampire, and previously players have requested various lore friendly changes to both Vampirism and Lycanthropy. I thought that this might be a good time then to get feedback on making the relative strength/weakness of both ties to thing like the sun and the moons.

The following is just one possible configuration, with specific abilities and numbers used to illustrate the basic concept. If you would like to add, remove, or change something please share your suggestion in a comment.

Basically the darker is the stronger vampires become, and the lighter it is the weaker they become. In the same way, werewolves are stronger the the fuller the moons and weaker during new moons. Originally I was just going to suggestion In Sunlight/Out of Sunlight for vampires but added some nuance to compliment the changes to werewolves and to give both a brief time when they are especially strong and especially vulnerable.

Vampire Details

In Daylight (either in the open countryside or in a delve/dungeon/trial exposed to the sky)

-Damage from fire and abilities targeting undead (like Silver Bolts) increased by 5% compared to current penalty
-Reduction to health regeneration increased by 10% compared to current penality
-Damage caused by Vampiric abilities and duration of such abilities reduced by 2% per progressive stage of Vampirism compared to current bonus

Night Time During Waning/Waxing Moons and Any Time When Indoors/Underground

-Damage from fire and abilities targeting undead (like Silver Bolts) decreased by 10% compared to current penalty
-Reduction to health regeneration decreased by 20% compared to current penalty
-Damage caused by Vampiric abilities and duration of such abilities increased by 2% per progressive stage of Vampirism compared to current bonus

Night Time During Full Moons

-Damage from fire and abilities targeting undead (like Silver Bolts) identical to current penalty
-Reduction to health regeneration identical to current penalty
-Damage caused by Vampiric abilities and duration of such abilities identical to current bonus

Night Time During New Moons

--Damage from fire and abilities targeting undead (like Silver Bolts) decreased by 20% compared to current penalty
-Reduction to health regeneration decreased by 40% compared to current penalty
-Damage caused by Vampiric abilities and duration of such abilities increased by 3% per progressive stage of Vampirism compared to current bonus

Werewolf Details

When Moons Have Set

-Damage from poison and abilities targeting undead (like Silver Bolts with the Figher's Guild passive "Skilled Tracker") effects non-transformed lyncanthropes at 20% of current penalty for transformed lycanthropes. Transformed lycanthropes take 10% more damage from such effects and abilities than current penalty
-Stamina recovery bonus is +10% (transformed and non-transformed)
-Damage caused by Lycanthropic abilities and duration of such abilities decreased by 5% compared to current bonus

During Waning/Waxing Moons (any time of day night)

-Damage from poison and abilities targeting undead (like Silver Bolts with the Figher's Guild passive "Skilled Tracker") decreased by 5% compared to current penalty and non-transformed lycanthropes are unaffected
-Stamina recovery bonus is +15% (transformed and non-transformed)
-Damage caused by Lycanthropic abilities and duration of such abilities increased by 5% compared to current bonus

Night Time During Full Moons (any time of day night)

-Damage from poison and abilities targeting undead (like Silver Bolts with the Figher's Guild passive "Skilled Tracker") decreased by 10% compared to current penalty and non-transformed lycanthropes are unaffected
-Stamina recovery bonus is +20% (transformed and non-transformed)
-Damage caused by Lycanthropic abilities and duration of such abilities increased by10% compared to current bonus

Night Time During New Moons (any time of day night)

-Damage from poison and abilities targeting undead (like Silver Bolts) effects non-transformed lyncanthropes at 40% of current penalty for transformed lycanthropes. Transformed lycanthropes take 20% more damage from such effects and abilities than current penalty
-Stamina recovery is eliminated (transformed and non-transformed)
-Damage caused by Lycanthropic abilities and duration of such abilities decreased by 10% compared to current bonus
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting ideas, OP. Good hustle. +1
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would want a bit more drawbacks for vampires during daylight... but that's me wanting an reason to go for the "vampires come out at night" stuff. Like, vampire abilities being completely unavailable in daylight (like with Dracula, the original story...), and costing less to use the darker the night gets... (HP regeneration is of little issue to vamps, since they usually gain their HP back through feeding anyhow, as it should be...)
    I'd also say, for the vampires a simple day/night scheme is enough, since they already have the "hunger stages" to diversify their existence.

While for werewolves I'd want a change in WW transformation time. As in, no transformation during new moon nights, normal during daytime, double transformation time during waning/waxing moon nights, involuntary transformation for the while night during full moon (and with it, inability to use vendors, crafting stations, questgivers, etc., as well as killed on sight by all guards, justice and the PvP guardy in cyrodil. Yes, even your own side.)
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been thinking this for a long time and its a terrific idea, they will need to severely buff WW during moon phases though they are rather lackluster atm.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This only interests me if they break down and make day and night of equal lengths in the game. I hate the 2 hours of night to 4 hours of day they have going now.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    This only interests me if they break down and make day and night of equal lengths in the game. I hate the 2 hours of night to 4 hours of day they have going now.
    The moons are sometimes up even in the day. The "night" thing could apply to any indoor area that lacks copious amounts of natural lighting :smiley:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this