Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make heavy viable for this game.

Stalwart385
Stalwart385
✭✭✭✭
You can't compete in PvP with heavy. The healing/shielding can out pace heavy's damage. Light and medium builds can also out pace heavy's resources. With the 50% damage reduction you can't spike damage people when they are cc'ed. Heavy needs a strategy to win.

MSA is the same. You can never have the damage and sustain you need.

Heavy should be an option to play the game and its not. This needs to be fixed.
Edited by Stalwart385 on November 27, 2015 11:05PM
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run heavy in pvp a lot.

and kill things.

A lot.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    I run heavy in pvp a lot.

and kill things.

A lot.

So does my friend. He needs a little help from me though, but he accepts to tank in pvp and let me finish them off. When he wants to kill he switches to medium and I heal him. Cause with medium he drops like a fly
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES, please. Basically full heavy armour and sword+shield should be the only seriously viable alternative for a tank, and you should be able to do useful DPS in heavy armour and a two-hander.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    YES, please. Basically full heavy armour and sword+shield should be the only seriously viable alternative for a tank, and you should be able to do useful DPS in heavy armour and a two-hander.

well whats then the reason for medium armor if you can do usefull DPS in heavy? there is none.
    heavy beeing the most usefull option for dmg mitigation i´m perfectly fine personly i would rework the entire 50% dmg reduction cap if the person is wearing 7 heavy pieces 75%, 50% when wearing 5 heavy, 35%cap when wearing 5medium and 25% cap when wearing 5 light. and give heavy armor reduced resource cost for support abilities(like aoe cc to annoy enemies bringing them to attack the tank) but no dmg as that´s not the purpose of the tank armor.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Tankqull wrote: »
    dmg as that´s not the purpose of the tank armor.
    DMG should not depend on ANY ARMOR.
    Who came up with such an unrealistic nonsense?

This is how a sane armor approach could be:
    LIGHT: improved magicka regeneration, high protection against magical damage
    MEDIUM: improved stamina regneration, medium protection against mag+phys damage
    HEAVY: improved life regeneration, high protection against physical damage

For a realistic and balanced approach, DMG should not depend on armor at all.
    DMG should be the defined by WEAPONS, not by armor, as in real life.

ZOS, please bring some sense back into the game.

Edited by BalticBlues on November 30, 2015 6:55PM