The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ideas to improve smithing in TESO

Nic727
Nic727
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I have 2 ideas to improve smithing in TESO :

1. Reforging : possibility to lvl up weapon or armor by adding materials to the original object. Only available with the same materials as the original objects (improve lvl 5 object to lvl 14).

2. Adding trait to an object you already have (but can't remove a trait from the object). Max 2?

Thx
  • toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO
    usually before i put a trait into an item i usually do researches and if i dont like the trait i go farm or buy resorces and craft it again its not a big deal. probably theyll put another trait in the game more epic and then u'll have to craft the items again and put the new trait and thats why u'll not get bored with the game, u have to see it from all perspectives
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nic727 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have 2 ideas to improve smithing in TESO :

1. Reforging : possibility to lvl up weapon or armor by adding materials to the original object. Only available with the same materials as the original objects (improve lvl 5 object to lvl 14).

2. Adding trait to an object you already have (but can't remove a trait from the object). Max 2?

Thx

I totally agree with the first pption!!!

but to the second one, that might add disbalance to classes system. I would be more for option to remove trait and add a new one, for master crafters. with percentage (like when improving) chance to do that.

actually about the first one I have made a thread earlier:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/231613/why-is-there-not-a-possibility-to-improve-the-level-of-a-particular-armor-weapon/p1
    Edited by altemriel on November 30, 2015 10:59AM