The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is there not a possibility to improve the level of a particular armor/weapon??

altemriel
altemriel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hallo ZOS,

I would like to ask, why is there not a possibility to improve the level of the particular armor that I am using right now? Why do "I have to" create a new armor to match my level (to increase the armor stats) every few new levels? Why can I not just (for cost of some materials of course) improve the level of my armor that I am using now?

Will such an option be added to the game in the future?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by altemriel on November 18, 2015 11:24AM
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give Master Crafters this ability.
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

not only master crafters, I would open it for even maybe crafting level 15.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is how it SHOULD work for dropped sets.
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This s a great idea and could be a possible expansion for a new level in crafting
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would love to see two, maybe three more options for crafters becoming available...

Style recrafting - change the appereance of any dropped armor piece to any style learned, so people can get their favorite looks without having to sacrifice their favorite sets. Should be possibly for crafters of decent skill... very decent skill... and should require some resources, style materials, tempers perhaps even the trait material... should have a destruction chance just like temper improvements, which then could be migrated by using more materials...

And item level enhancements, so people don't have to throw away that V14 legendary weapon they worked so hard for to replace it with one of the shiny new V16 weapons, but can opt to keep it if they work harder for the option. Meaning, requiring at least as much materials as crafting it anew at the desired level would cost, again with a destruction chance that can be migrated by using more materials... but that one ought to be limited to only the master crafters (after all, recrafting some lesser material to become as good as the best material can't be easy, right?)

Either or both options might also require use of some extra-rare material that people would to spend much time hunting down, like nirncrux or perfect roe... (or buy in the crown store for those lacking that much patience)

Another possible recrafting option would be trait change. All too often one hears wails of vexation when people find some really nifty piece of endgame gear in one of their drops/reward packs... only to notice it comes with, say, "training" trait. Some option to change the trait with expendure of way more materials might be a good thing too...
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I would love to see two, maybe three more options for crafters becoming available...

Style recrafting - change the appereance of any dropped armor piece to any style learned, so people can get their favorite looks without having to sacrifice their favorite sets. Should be possibly for crafters of decent skill... very decent skill... and should require some resources, style materials, tempers perhaps even the trait material... should have a destruction chance just like temper improvements, which then could be migrated by using more materials...

And item level enhancements, so people don't have to throw away that V14 legendary weapon they worked so hard for to replace it with one of the shiny new V16 weapons, but can opt to keep it if they work harder for the option. Meaning, requiring at least as much materials as crafting it anew at the desired level would cost, again with a destruction chance that can be migrated by using more materials... but that one ought to be limited to only the master crafters (after all, recrafting some lesser material to become as good as the best material can't be easy, right?)

Either or both options might also require use of some extra-rare material that people would to spend much time hunting down, like nirncrux or perfect roe... (or buy in the crown store for those lacking that much patience)

Another possible recrafting option would be trait change. All too often one hears wails of vexation when people find some really nifty piece of endgame gear in one of their drops/reward packs... only to notice it comes with, say, "training" trait. Some option to change the trait with expendure of way more materials might be a good thing too...

exactly!!!
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Toss in some new gold mats, allow gear to be reinforced in the same way that we craft it (e.g. let's say 50% of the resources needed to make it to upgrade it). It'd be amazing.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    +++++

Style recrafting ...

And item level enhancements, ...

Either or both options might also require use of some extra-rare material ...

Very good idea.

More than one years ago, I wrote very similar ideas, but 0 player answers. Nobody likes crafting :smiley:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/129346/levels-of-armors-weapons-and-the-leveling
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To balance this you'd have to make it use more resources than it would take to outright craft it, as that way people would still benefit from grinding out to get the VR16 sets instead of just upgrading lower level ones. I'd say double the crafting cost of an item of that level, but the VR16 crafting cost would make this very expensive indeed...
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was wondering about that too! Since the mats, glyphs, resins/tannins (the good ones of course) are sooo expensive, it costs so much both gold and time to replace the existing armor/weapon with new higher level items. The problem is even worse considering the fact that crafted items, which I put on, are bound to an account, and cannot be sold just to earn some gold to craft new items. The only use of it right now is to deconstruct them and pray for any resins/tannins to drop. It should be a basic feature and I don't understand why there has been no such option so far. Of course it should apply to both armor and weapon. I really hope that the devs will notice this thread and can give us at least a hint about this.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    I was wondering about that too! Since the mats, glyphs, resins/tannins (the good ones of course) are sooo expensive, it costs so much both gold and time to replace the existing armor/weapon with new higher level items. The problem is even worse considering the fact that crafted items, which I put on, are bound to an account, and cannot be sold just to earn some gold to craft new items. The only use of it right now is to deconstruct them and pray for any resins/tannins to drop. It should be a basic feature and I don't understand why there has been no such option so far. Of course it should apply to both armor and weapon. I really hope that the devs will notice this thread and can give us at least a hint about this.

I hope it will be introduced soon too :)!

@ZOS_AnaP @ZOS_Abdu @ZOS_AidanF @ZOS_AJ @ZOS_AjanJ @ZOS_GabrielleA @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_Gideon @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    To balance this you'd have to make it use more resources than it would take to outright craft it, as that way people would still benefit from grinding out to get the VR16 sets instead of just upgrading lower level ones. I'd say double the crafting cost of an item of that level, but the VR16 crafting cost would make this very expensive indeed...

I would not make it so much more expensive than crafting it. People would have three options - grind it, re-craft it, or improve level via crafting. Now they have two options - grind it or craft it. One more option is never a bad thing to add imho.

I personally do not like grinding so much, I like exploring new content, new quests, not grind the same content over and over. That would be pretty boring for me.
    Edited by altemriel on November 18, 2015 10:32AM
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭

+1
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • AMadAussie
    AMadAussie
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Hallo ZOS,

I would like to ask, why is there not a possibility to improve the level of the particular armor that I am using right now? Why do "I have to" create a new armor to match my level (to increase the armor stats) every few new levels? Why can I not just (for cost of some materials of course) improve the level of my armor that I am using now?

Will such an option be added to the game in the future?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Great idea for 2 reasons:
    • Allows players to improve dropped sets, reducing the hopelessly boring RNG grind to acquire pieces of the right level.
    • Gives players more options for armour appearances, considering the majority of high level armour looks terrible.
    ESO; Where the issues far outnumber the fixes.
    I tell it how it is.
  • iamnotweakrwb17_ESO
    iamnotweakrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good idea. Also the ability to alter the traits on any gear items you receive provided you have unlocked the corresponding trait.
    Edited by iamnotweakrwb17_ESO on November 18, 2015 10:44AM
  • AMadAussie
    AMadAussie
    ✭✭✭
    Good idea. Also the ability to alter the traits on any gear items you receive provided you have unlocked the corresponding trait.
    Need to edit my post. *3 good reasons.
    ESO; Where the issues far outnumber the fixes.
    I tell it how it is.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keeping it to Master Crafters would mean that there would be some use in actually having, or knowing one.

There should also be a cost that is comparable, or higher, in raw materials so it doesn't just destroy the market for these things.

Otherwise? Sounds like an interesting idea.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Keeping it to Master Crafters would mean that there would be some use in actually having, or knowing one.

There should also be a cost that is comparable, or higher, in raw materials so it doesn't just destroy the market for these things.

I would not limit it to master crafters, maybe crafting level 15 or 20 would be enough.

Yes, re-crafting the item to a higher level should require a bit more materials than just crafting it in that level.
  • FizzOnly
    FizzOnly
    ✭✭✭
    i bet 20k gold they never will give us this.why would they?to help us?ZoS only wants our money.They dont care about us.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FizzOnly wrote: »
    i bet 20k gold they never will give us this.why would they?to help us?ZoS only wants our money.They dont care about us.

I disagree with that
  • FizzOnly
    FizzOnly
    ✭✭✭
    Here are my reasons why i think so.

-Over a year all PvPers complain about Zergs,Lags.ZoS Solution was IC.Still lags and Zergs in Cyro
    -v16 .v15/v16 gear take way more Mats and decon 1 item grants you 1 Mat but dont worry you can grind TelVar stones in IC to get mats.
    -DSA/Trials/PvP Gear doesnt Scale.(How many times did the community ask for it?i cant even count it anymore).In order to have endgame gear you need to have eso+ or IC and Orsinium.
    -AP are useless atm.Sure you can get a motify but who cares about it?
    -Orsinium.Everything is BoP.
    -How many Xbox player complained about not getting crowns and ZoS Customer Service didnt respond for weeks.sure now its fixed but still quite late.
    -RNG grind is real

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FizzOnly wrote: »
    Here are my reasons why i think so.

-Over a year all PvPers complain about Zergs,Lags.ZoS Solution was IC.Still lags and Zergs in Cyro
    -v16 .v15/v16 gear take way more Mats and decon 1 item grants you 1 Mat but dont worry you can grind TelVar stones in IC to get mats.
    -DSA/Trials/PvP Gear doesnt Scale.(How many times did the community ask for it?i cant even count it anymore).In order to have endgame gear you need to have eso+ or IC and Orsinium.
    -AP are useless atm.Sure you can get a motify but who cares about it?
    -Orsinium.Everything is BoP.
    -How many Xbox player complained about not getting crowns and ZoS Customer Service didnt respond for weeks.sure now its fixed but still quite late.
    -RNG grind is real

they do respond, but with a bit of lag ;o)

and of course they ALSO want to make money! but not ONLY
    Edited by altemriel on November 18, 2015 12:26PM
  • FizzOnly
    FizzOnly
    ✭✭✭
    ofc and im fine with it.

Still there is no way ZoS should continue with the DLC for Endgame gear.It feels like P2W .Sure you can craft most gear but still Sets like Kena,Overwhelming,SPC,Sheer Venom.... and all! Orsinium Sets are BoP in DLC behind a massive RNG Grindwall.

Meanwhile PvP is dying.At least 3 Campaigns are only there to get to IC.

Edited by FizzOnly on November 18, 2015 12:52PM
  • Olivierko
    Olivierko
    ✭✭✭
    @altemriel

I made a poll on the same topic a couple of months ago, the response was mixed.

I myself support the idea but doubt that it will ever see the light of day.
    Addons:PointificatorRaidificator

1. Dar'diov ★ AvA 25 ★ Nightblade
    2. Tig'ger ★ AvA 9 ★ Dragonknight
    3. Ba'bushka ★ AvA 28 ★ Sorcerer
    4. Hails-To-Putin ★ AvA 18 ★ Templar
    5. Ba'boon ★ AvA 13 ★ Sorcerer

6. PC EU ★ Aldmeri DominionYoutube
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Iluvrien wrote: »

I would not limit it to master crafters, maybe crafting level 15 or 20 would be enough.

Yes, re-crafting the item to a higher level should require a bit more materials than just crafting it in that level.

No it wouldn't be enough. You can achieve level 15-20 in less than a day if you have a high level character, or are in a guild that will feed you the materials to decon. Becoming a master crafter is enough of a barrier to actually make it a special and sought after ability.
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭

These are great ideas. Would love to see these added as improvements to the crafting system. I think these should be perks for Master Crafter, though so that there is a point in getting that achievement. At the very least they should be made passives that only unlock at crafting level 40+. This ensures there's a good time investment into getting these perks and being a dedicated crafter will have more advantages.
    PC / NA
    Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
    Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
    Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
    Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
    Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ShadowMage wrote: »

These are great ideas. Would love to see these added as improvements to the crafting system. I think these should be perks for Master Crafter, though so that there is a point in getting that achievement. At the very least they should be made passives that only unlock at crafting level 40+. This ensures there's a good time investment into getting these perks and being a dedicated crafter will have more advantages.

good point, I agree
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great idea!
    I'd also like the ability to make v16 gear look like the low level gear. I actually really like the look of some of the lowbie armours. Examples are the bosmer light and medium chests and altmer heavy helmet.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When leveling up you don't need new armor every few levels. I go 10 levels per armor and 5 vet levels. No issue and no problems getting through the content especially since it is so nerfed.

No need for this to be implemented. Should not be.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When leveling up you don't need new armor every few levels. I go 10 levels per armor and 5 vet levels. No issue and no problems getting through the content especially since it is so nerfed.

No need for this to be implemented. Should not be.

What is your reason behind "should not be"? I am just asking, no offence pls ;o)