The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Using soul gems

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭
Ok, this is embarrassing, because I played Skyrim years ago: How do I use Soulgems in ESO?

All I found is that I need the corresponding skill. *blush*
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You need appropriate level skill gems. Use the skill (soul trap) then kill the appropriate level mob fast.
    In end game you usually get to have a large surplus if you run dungeons from boss drops.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, thanks! So it's actually an attack skill?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »
    Ah, thanks! So it's actually an attack skill?

It's your first skill, and only free skill. You have it when you emerge from the tutorial, though you have to assign to use.

FYI, the skill line only levels by completing the main quest line. There is a passive that give a 5% and 10% chance to fill soul gems by killing mobs. Usually, this is enough to fill empty gems without having to specifically use the skill.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul gems in ESO are used to either resurrect another player or to recharge your enchantments. To resurrect a player you'll need a soul gem of the appropriate level. To charge your enchantments any level gem should work though the higher the level the more charges it'll fill.

The Soul Magic skill tree will give you the Soul Trap active ability and the Soul Lock passive ability which you can use to fill gems. To level the Soul Magic skill tree you'll have to complete quests in the main story line, though the individual skills themselves will level by gaining XP just as class and weapon skills do.
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...